• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello, for the first time in... seven years?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2020
    Hello there, community!

The title says it all. I'm a longtime lurker. I signed up in 2012 and... never posted anything.
    It's both a bit creepy and sad, b-but hey, I'm writing now! That makes it all better. ...Right?

Anyway! My first experience with Pokémon was when I first wandered over to where my older cousins were huddled around a berry-colored Gameboy Color playing a certain Pokémon Red, many years ago... My interest was piqued, but my very first game was Silver, and came a bit later.
    Now I'm feeling nostalgic... *sighs in remembrance*
    And nostalgia is actually what first made me fall into the world of rom hacking and, eventually, what made me discover this amazing website. Thanks for all your work, by the way.

So yeah, I could ramble on and on, but this is it. I'm glad to have finally made my first post, and hopefully I'll be more active from now on.

Ciao!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello there, community!

The title says it all. I'm a longtime lurker. I signed up in 2012 and... never posted anything.
    It's both a bit creepy and sad, b-but hey, I'm writing now! That makes it all better. ...Right?

Anyway! My first experience with Pokémon was when I first wandered over to where my older cousins were huddled around a berry-colored Gameboy Color playing a certain Pokémon Red, many years ago... My interest was piqued, but my very first game was Silver, and came a bit later.
    Now I'm feeling nostalgic... *sighs in remembrance*
    And nostalgia is actually what first made me fall into the world of rom hacking and, eventually, what made me discover this amazing website. Thanks for all your work, by the way.

So yeah, I could ramble on and on, but this is it. I'm glad to have finally made my first post, and hopefully I'll be more active from now on.

Ciao!
    Welcome back!

Silver was your first game? I'm so jealous! I had the choice between Gold/Silver and Yellow and for some reason I went with Yellow haha. Pikachu was cute but I think I would love Johto even more if I had actually had that as my very first experience of the games :)

Cool to see that you're a ROM hacker. Are you making your own game?

Did you acquire Silver on the 3DS store digitally for nostalgia's sake also? ;)

I hope to see you around loads! Feel free to message me if you have any questions, about anything really. Or just want to chat.

Years
  • Oh hey, welcome back! :D

Yeah, Pokémon is still as awesome as ever. There really is a lot to talk about here as far as both Pokémon and non-Pokémon things go, so you're sure to have a good time (I hope, at least). The fangames keep people busy for ages too haha. See you!

Back