• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Holo Print Mistake?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2018
    I was looking back at old Pokemon cards that I've collected over the years and I came across an odd card that I though was interesting. I don't know if this is normal or something cool but I thought some of you would appreciate it or give me some insight. Thanks.

The Card: Gligar 57/115 exUnseenForces

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
      Screenshot_1.jpg
      220.7 KB · Views: 15
    Years
  • I was looking back at old Pokemon cards that I've collected over the years and I came across an odd card that I though was interesting. I don't know if this is normal or something cool but I thought some of you would appreciate it or give me some insight. Thanks.

The Card: Gligar 57/115 exUnseenForces

Are you talking about the line in the third photo?

Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2018
    Yes, the line is part of it. The card features a holo background of the sea, and stars over top of the sea. Seen in photo 1 and 2. In photo 3, when you look at it from another angle, the holo overlay changes to pokeballs in the air as well as a line buffer. Sorry if the pictures arn' t the best.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Not really a mistake, just a seam in the holofoil pattern (which can sometimes appear unsightly). These seams (or breaks) can be seen in all kinds of foil patterns, but are most apparent in the Ex-series alternate holos and refractor foils if the print happens to land on one. If you've got any Delta Species Pokémon ex, there's a good chance that you may notice a vertical line in the foil on some of them (on the border or even the Pokémon itself).

It's a bit tricky to see on the cards, but even the starry foil from the classic English sets have seams in the pattern (quite a lot, actually). Here's a scan I made a while back of one stripped with acetone where you can clearly see the seams:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Back