• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ORAS Mono-Type Tournament

Xairmo

G-String Grandmas, tonight on Sick, Sad World
Years
  • SHOWDOWN BRACKET
    REGISTRATIONS END/BATTLES BEGIN JANUARY 1st, 2015

Ever wanted to showcase your aptitude for being a Gym Leader? Then this is the tournament for you! Everybody picks one type that they'll stick to for the duration of the tournament, and a maximum of two people may claim the same type. Your team must consist of 5 Pokemon that share the type you've chosen, and your 6th Pokemon can be whichever typing you'd like. Pokemon that change type upon Mega-Evolving will be counted as the type of it's Mega-Evolution (Mega-Charizard X is viable for Fire and Dragon teams, Mega-Pinsir is viable for Bug and Flying teams, etc.)​

***The type you choose is what you have to stick with for the duration of the tournament - but the Pokémon, Movesets, EVs, etc. can change from round to round as long as you're still using at least 5 Pokémon of the type you chose.***

BATTLE FORMAT
    •Singles, 6v6
    •OU (Overused) Tier
    •Double-Elimination Style Brackets

MATCH CLAUSES
    •Species
    •Sleep
    •Evasion
    •OHKO
    •Moody
    •Baton-Pass
    •Endless Battle
    •Swagger

REGISTRATION FORM
    Type:
    FC/battle server alt:

ROUND 2 - Winner's Bracket

Round 2 - Loser's Bracket

PARTICIPANTS
    Spoiler:

PRIZES
    Spoiler:

All prizes are nicknameable and bred by yours truly.

BIG THANKS TO ZEFFY FOR ALL THE HELP AND APPROVAL!

Last edited:

srinator

I would like to partake In the ou showdown division with water type. :]

Last edited:

Xairmo

Years
  • showdown bracket, give me dragon ;)

Another Dragon lover! Got you on the list :]

I'm never certain if I should blatantly state my own registration or just edit the list so ~
    Wifi I'm gonna take Water 1
    Showdown I'll take Dragon 2

Years
  • I'll sign up for the Showdown bracket with Poison as my type :) Showdown name is Pave Low

Last edited:
    Years
  • I would like to participate in this! :D

Type: Bug!
    FC/battle server alt: Well, I don't have a 3DS, unfortunately, but can I still join? I am SkorXX on the battle server.

Xairmo

Years
  • I'll take Fairy in the showdown bracket, please and thank you
    You got it! You're welcome and thank you :]
    I'll sign up for the Showdown bracket with Poison as my type :) Showdown name is Pave Low
    Put you down last night, just have to switch it to your server name!
    Showdown bracket please, will take Normal.
    Will add you to the list :]
    I would like to participate in this! :D

Type: Bug!
    FC/battle server alt: Well, I don't have a 3DS, unfortunately, but can I still join? I am SkorXX on the battle server.
    Yes you may still participate in this, and thank you for using the registration form :]
    I'll take fire for the showdown bracket as my type.
    Fire goes to the Professor!
    sorry for a somewhat unrelated post, but when does this start rofl
    Not unrelated at all! I was planning on giving about a week to register - especially considering this week is busy for a lot of us. So I'm gonna say January 1st battles will start. I'll add that to the top of the first post, thank you for reminding me.

Last edited:

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Showdown Bracket Ghost type please. And the tournament begins on the first?

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Also is there a difference between the forums competetive thing and the standard pokemon showdown?

Xairmo

Years
  • Also is there a difference between the forums competetive thing and the standard pokemon showdown?
    To be honest it's been a few years since I've battled here, but Smogon is usually a reliable source for Tiers / Banlists / Clauses / etc so that's what I tried to model the rules around. The main differences I've noticed in battle format/rules is between The Pokemon Company's VGC Rules and Smogon Rules. I hope that answered your question!

timemagetim

Timemagetim
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2015
    Yeah long as we're playing by smogons rules I've got no worries. Are we gonna tell about our teams or are we being all secretive?

Xairmo

Years
  • Yeah long as we're playing by smogons rules I've got no worries. Are we gonna tell about our teams or are we being all secretive?
    Yeah it's all based around Smogon rules, so no worries there. No you don't have to disclose what your team is, all your opponent will be able to know beforehand is what Type you chose. Only 5 of your Pokemon have to be your chosen type and your 6th is up to you :]

Back