• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Plus and Pokémon Minus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PandiRocks2K17

Comebacker
Years
  • Pok?mon Plus and Pok?mon Minus

Introduction
    Hello Pok?community! The name is PandiRocks2K17 and this is my first ROM Hack. I have started ROM Hacking ever since 4th Grade and now, I am a 9th Grader yet nothing finished because of lack of consistency and I always chang stories which led me nowhere. But now, this one is fully packed. There is a full story and it is final. I need help though, if ever you are interested you may "apply" and let's see. Give feedback and enjoy!

Story
    Welcome to the Pearl Region! A semi-tropical and semi-arctice region of the West! Many, many, many years ago, the region was disrupted and disturbed by chaos over kingship, power and position, granted by the Flower of the Galaxies. Each one strives and aims to get grasp of this mythical power. Whomever keeps the Flower of the Galaxies benefits from it and is safe from the damages it and the holder cauawa, and has the power to control anything with it in the command of the holder. People fought for it in attempt to overthrow the King Tethys and take over the Region. Laurel, an ordinary girl, ventured to the depths of wonders to take it from the hands of the one holding it, the evil alchemist. The Alchemist fought heavily with Laurel, leaving her wounded, but with the help of her Regaleon, she has successfully driven away the forces of the evil alchemist. The petals fell, but as separate pieces, they still behold powers. The petals opened the rift of the Ultra Beasts and led them openly to our world, and who knows the destruction they could cause. Laurel entrusted the petals to the 5 Arcane Pokemon to keep them from evil's sake. In the present, an evil team discovered this history, and aimed to capture these 5 Pokemon and let them do their bidding and to once again form the Flower of the Galaxies. Up to these day, the search has never ended, and day by day, the capture of the 5 Arcane Pokemon drew near.

Features
    Implemented
    Planned

• Multi-Regional with the world map based on Northern Mindanao, Philippines.
    • Fully Updated Graphics for a vibrant feel.
    • A Whole New Region to explore, the Pearl Region!
    • Fully Updated Sprites for a pleasant overall look.
    • New Unique Gym Leaders that will surely blow your minds.
    • New Unique Elite 4 which are carefully designed and planned.
    • New Pokemon that were not GameFreak made, including 2 NEW EEVEELUTIONS! Yey!
    • Selected and Updated Pokemon from Generation 1 to 7 for many choices and to be at par with the new releases.
    • Mega Evolution for "amazing" purposes.
    • New Professor who is more detailed.
    • Updated Items for a more updated feels.
    • BW Repel System so it will be easier during walks.
    • Running Indoors because it seems to be a prerequisite in ROM Hacks now.
    • The Fairy Type is included, and updated Pokemon typing.
    • Colored Stats to make them clear.
    • New Rivals not just one, but many.
    • Reusable TMs so many Pokemon can share moves.
    • X and Y experience gain so the Pokemon can receive credit.
    • Updated Music although planned but is on the priorities.

Screenhots
    y7LgaBo.png
    3cLu8HO.png
    lt8BiXW.png
    0jhKWAy.png
    cRLu0Uz.png
    Qvp9mY5.png
    dxEGIzk.png
    5EfI6oB.png
    FRnW49h.png
    uJx1xuO.png

Credits

• WesleyFG for the tiles.
    • Magiscarf for the tiles.
    • Zeo254 for the tiles.
    • Evolina for the tiles.
    • The Spriters' Resource for the sprites.
    • pokefreak280 for the Pok?mon expansion rombase.
    • thedarkdragon11 and colleagues for the Gen VII Pok?mon sprites.
    • MrDollSteak and colleagues for the Gen VI Pok?mon sprites.
    • MikeMatt15 for the map insertion tutorial.
    • Black Charizard for the titlescreen insertion tutorial.
    • tebited15 for the Calem and Serena sprites.
    • Kyle-Dove for the sprites.

Tools Used
    Spoiler:
    I am currently in need of the following:
    1. Scripter
    2. Mapper
    3. Hex Worker
    If I have forgotten anyone, kindly tell me so I can give proper credit.
    If you're interested, please don't hesitate. That is all and thanks ahead!

Last edited:

PandiRocks2K17

Comebacker
    Years
  • Nice looking hack but the Overworld Sprites are too big doesn't looks good in GBA.

Thank you for the feedback! About your concern, if you notice it properly, the doors are bigger, big enough to fit the sprites. Also, the tiles are proportional to the sizes of the Overworld Sprites. But, I'll try to see if BW Style Overworld Sprites look better than the usual GBA Style ones. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    One more thing.

What about trade Pokemon and other Pokemon with evolve methods? Will they be level up or the original evolve?

Like for example Electabuzz + Electrizer = Electivire.

PandiRocks2K17

Comebacker
    Years
  • One more thing.

What about trade Pokemon and other Pokemon with evolve methods? Will they be level up or the original evolve?

Like for example Electabuzz + Electrizer = Electivire.

That's a good question, but, they will evolve based on how they really evolve. So Swirlix will evolve into Slurpuff via Whipped Cream. :) As for the trading evolution, I will either stick to the original evolution method (this is because we still have Floor 2 in PokeCenters), or, I change their evolution methods. :)

Trainer 766

Nice looking, but..... no Physical/Special/Status split?

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2021
    That's a good question, but, they will evolve based on how they really evolve. So Swirlix will evolve into Slurpuff via Whipped Cream. :) As for the trading evolution, I will either stick to the original evolution method (this is because we still have Floor 2 in PokeCenters), or, I change their evolution methods. :)

Thank you for answering. I hope you'll be able to stick to the original :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2022
    This looks really really cool, and I can't wait to see how it goes! I can't help with spriting or that, but I'd be happy to help you beta test!

PandiRocks2K17

Comebacker
    Years
  • Thank you for answering. I hope you'll be able to stick to the original :)

I'd be more than happy to stick to the original. :)

This one look really cool!! I hope you'll finish this :)

Thank you! Hopefully I will. Keep updated!

Wow this looks great! Looking forward to following its progress.

Thank you! Won't let you down. :)

This looks really really cool, and I can't wait to see how it goes! I can't help with spriting or that, but I'd be happy to help you beta test!

Okay, I'll be more than happy to give you a beta test. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back