• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Pokemon Yellow: Confused between 2 squirtles.

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2019
    I am confused between a max speed, attack iv squirtle and a max special iv squirtle. What should I choose ? Both are lvl.10 .
    These are the stats:
    Squirtle 1
    Hp. 31
    Atk. 17
    Def. 20
    Spd. 16
    Spc. 17

Squrtle 2
    Hp. 30
    Atk. 14
    Def. 20
    Spd. 15
    Spc. 18

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Hard to tell what your IV's are in Generation 1 seeing as they're not exhibited explicitly for you to see. That said, I'm inclined to go with the first one. While the higher Special on the 2nd is nice, the HP and other stats are just better for the first one. Plus you can always boost the Special with Calcium later on if you want to increase its Water moves some more.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    All Water-type attacks are Special in Gen 1/2/3 (Yellow being in Gen 1), so you'll be primarily relying on your Special stat. The second one is better because of that.

That said, don't stress -- unless you're planning to do actual competitive battling on a real gen 1 game, the stat gap is usually pretty small, and doesn't impact the main game much. The early games don't have Natures, so you don't have to worry there either. Have fun!

Zankew

(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿)
    Years
  • I am confused between a max speed, attack iv squirtle and a max special iv squirtle. What should I choose ? Both are lvl.10 .
    These are the stats:
    Squirtle 1
    Hp. 31
    Atk. 17
    Def. 20
    Spd. 16
    Spc. 17

Squrtle 2
    Hp. 30
    Atk. 14
    Def. 20
    Spd. 15