• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A team to play with an IRL friend.

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
Years
  • I never E.V Trained a team before until now. I am still looking for the last pokemon I need which will be stated down below. I just need suggestions on movepool to give them and maybe items.

Tyranitar
    Nature: Adamant
    Ability: Guts

Mimikyu:
    Ability: Disguise ( Of course )

Gengar:
    Nature: Timid
    Ability: Levitate

Beedrill
    Ability: Swarm
    Item: Its mega stone

Ditto
    Nature: Rash ( look, it took me weeks to get this guy, so I don't care about its nature)
    Ability: Imposter

Last pokemon I am still looking for, if you have one I will give you a shiny dioxys for it. Basically, even if I can just find one regenerator mareanie, I can make regenerator mareanie eggs until I can get the one I want with the right nature. But Corsola keeps getting eaten by the mareanie with limber when I use skill swap to see what ability it has.

Toxipex
    Nature: I forget what it needs
    Ability: Regenerator

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Tyranitar's abilities are Sand Stream and Unnerve. It can only have Guts as Larvitar:
    -Stone Edge
    -Crunch
    -Pursuit
    -Earthquake
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Band
    Ability: Sand Stream

Mimikyu can get away fine with Swords Dance + STAB attacks:
    -Swords Dance
    -Shadow Claw
    -Play Rough
    -Shadow Sneak
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Ghostium Z

Gengar doesn't have Levitate anymore; it got replaced by Cursed Body:
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    -Focus Blast/Will-o-Wisp
    -Taunt
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Ghostium Z

or
    -Shadow Ball
    -Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave
    -Focus Blast
    -Trick/Thunderbolt
    EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Specs

Beedrill doesn't need Protect anymore to Mega Evolve safely, as the new Mega Evolution mechanics check for post-Mega Evolution speed on the turn of Mega Evolution:
    -U-turn
    -Poison Jab
    -Drill Run
    -Pursuit/Knock Off
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Beedrillite

As nice as Toxapex is, it's not suited for offensive teams because it's very weak and passive. A better bulky Water to fit into its place is Tapu Fini, which can get Defog to clear away entry hazards to help out Mega Beedrill, as it's weak to Stealth Rock:
    -Scald/Defog
    -Moonblast
    -Nature's Madness
    -Taunt
    EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Every good competitive team needs a Stealth Rock setter. An example of one that provides good offensive presence is Garchomp, though you need to transfer one from a Gen VI game:
    -Stealth Rock
    -Swords Dance
    -Outrage
    -Earthquake
    Nature: Jolly
    Item: Dragonium Z

Veil Loreraven

Ghost Master
    Years
  • Why shadow claw for Mimikyu though? I don't understand. Why have multiple ghost type moves. Wouldn't it be better to put a different elemental move attack in that place for more coverage?
    Having three ghost type moves seems like its a really bad idea to me.

I think I might drop the Toxapex for the Garchomp than. Not getting rid of my facsimile ( ditto ) I spent weeks trying to find an imposter ditto lol. I wanna use it.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Why shadow claw for Mimikyu though? I don't understand. Why have multiple ghost type moves. Wouldn't it be better to put a different elemental move attack in that place for more coverage?

I think I might drop the Toxapex for the Garchomp than. Not getting rid of my facsimile ( ditto ) I spent weeks trying to find an imposter ditto lol. I wanna use it.

Shadow Claw is Mimikyu's strongest Ghost attack and is the best move to work off of Never-Ending Nightmare. Then again, Mimikyu is better on teams that utilize Sticky Web. Over that, I'd fit Excadrill in, as it benefits from Tyranitar's Sand Stream:
    -Earthquake
    -Iron Head
    -Rock Slide
    -Rapid Spin/Swords Dance
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sand Rush

If you want to keep Ditto, though, Choice Scarf has to be its item so it's guaranteed to outspeed whatever it transformed into.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Why shadow claw for Mimikyu though? I don't understand. Why have multiple ghost type moves. Wouldn't it be better to put a different elemental move attack in that place for more coverage?

Mimikyu's STABs give it all the coverage it needs really. Almost nothing resists both Fairy and Ghost, and there's little else in its movepool that looks like its worth using. Shadow Sneak is more there for the priority than the damage, so a second Ghost attack is needed for when you need the increased power.

Ditto's nature doesn't matter btw, Imposter Ditto can roll with whatever nature you want since it copies all the opponent's non-HP stats.

Back