• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My team

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    Hi! I have a team I might use for competitive, is it solid?
    Leafeon
    Houndoom mega
    Shaymin sky
    Suicune or possibly Keldeo
    Zygarde 10 percent
    Solgaleo or possibly Lunala.

Edit; I want to make a sun team using sunny day.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • What tier are you going for? Smogon OU? Battle Spot? Smogon Ubers? Casual? We also need to see your team's moves.

Some of the Pokemon on your list are rather bad by OU and Uber standards like Leafeon and Zygarde 10%, the former for being cursed with a shallow movepool and the latter for being rather outclassed by its other two bulkier forms (50% in OU and 100% in Ubers).

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I agree with what PlatinumDude said, you're not providing enough information. All you've done is provide the names of Pokemon and that's it. That doesn't tell us anything because a Pokemon can run several diverse movesets (for example, Celesteela). Also, as said, what format are you playing in? From the looks of things it appears to be Ubers because you've got Shaymin-Sky, but your team choices seem to justify against that (for example, Leafeon).

I'm going to have to be blunt here, even if you provide more information about the Pokemon, this is not a team. It's literally just a bunch of 6 random Pokemon put together in the hopes that they will work. What I would do is take one Pokemon and build the team around it, or maybe use a well-established "core" - that is two or three Pokemon known to work together, and base your team on that.

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    I agree with what PlatinumDude said, you're not providing enough information. All you've done is provide the names of Pokemon and that's it. That doesn't tell us anything because a Pokemon can run several diverse movesets (for example, Celesteela). Also, as said, what format are you playing in? From the looks of things it appears to be Ubers because you've got Shaymin-Sky, but your team choices seem to justify against that (for example, Leafeon).

I'm going to have to be blunt here, even if you provide more information about the Pokemon, this is not a team. It's literally just a bunch of 6 random Pokemon put together in the hopes that they will work. What I would do is take one Pokemon and build the team around it, or maybe use a well-established "core" - that is two or three Pokemon known to work together, and base your team on that.

I know that Suicune, Shaymin and Lunala work well together, but what should I replace the zygarde with?
    But the Leafeon is special.

HeroLinik

Years
  • I know that Suicune, Shaymin and Lunala work well together, but what should I replace the zygarde with?
    But the Leafeon is special.

You should consider replacing Zygarde-10% with its 50% forme or even its 100% forme. As was said before, Zygarde-10% has lacklustre stats and a rather shallow movepool, and in its role is outclassed by 50% forme. The 100% forme, on the other hand is used more as a physical wall that rocks Rest and Sleep Talk. And how is the Leafeon special?

Ida13

Gone For a While
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2017
    You should consider replacing Zygarde-10% with its 50% forme or even its 100% forme. As was said before, Zygarde-10% has lacklustre stats and a rather shallow movepool, and in its role is outclassed by 50% forme. The 100% forme, on the other hand is used more as a physical wall that rocks Rest and Sleep Talk. And how is the Leafeon special?

Okay, I'll try using the complete form of zygarde. The leafeon is special to me because I have used it to defeat the elite four on every game I have played. If I did replace it, though, would Virizion work?

HeroLinik

Years
  • Okay, I'll try using the complete form of zygarde. The leafeon is special to me because I have used it to defeat the elite four on every game I have played. If I did replace it, though, would Virizion work?

I was personally thinking Serperior. It can rack up Special Attack boosts with Leaf Storm.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If the intent is to make a sun team, you first need to select a Pokemon with the Drought ability. Manually setting up sun via Sunny Day is more an emergency back-up thing; being able to change the weather without wasting a turn is invaluable.

Your choices are Torkoal, Ninetales (not the Alola form), and Mega Charizard Y. There's Groudon too, but it's almost never worth using over its Primal Reversion form, and Desolate Land, at least in singles, doesn't help anything other than itself. So you'll need to drop a 'mon for one of the Drought ones. Zard Y is arguably the best, though you can't use it an Mega Houdoom at the same time.

Also still need to know what format you're going to be playing in

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • You should consider replacing Zygarde-10% with its 50% forme or even its 100% forme. As was said before, Zygarde-10% has lacklustre stats and a rather shallow movepool, and in its role is outclassed by 50% forme. The 100% forme, on the other hand is used more as a physical wall that rocks Rest and Sleep Talk. And how is the Leafeon special?

The shallow move pool point was referring to Leafeon.

Back