• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokemon Lustrous Emerald

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    dn2il4.png
    Welcome to Pokémon Lustrous Emerald official thread!
    Pkmn Lustrous Emerald
    2yowpao.png
    Game information
    Venom12
    Author
    Venom12
    Team
    Progressing!
    Status
    None
    Release
    So after long time, thinking what to do, i decided to go with another remake! So now the most wanted Hoenn region will be my new remake! I'm remaking okemon Emerald.

Take a look how game looks, and what i want to do and what atyle i go with!

Hoenn Plot~

dn2il4.png

Welcome back in the region Hoenn again! Here we go with remaked hoenn region. New graphics, new systems, also brand new persons, which will help and will stop us. Remaked systems mean i edited Pokemon Essentials to fit for my ideas. Dual screen but one big screen! Mouse support, and customizable designs for us.

Story

Story will be the same as in Pokemon Emerald, i want to extend the sotry by adding new region with 4 badges only and a torunament :) I will add new persons to the game and side missions and quests.
    We will meet few persons which will help us or wont do anything.

Features

-Redesigned Hoenn Region
    -Pokemon Following
    -PokeNav 2.0
    -Mega forms
    -Photos
    -Forgotten pokemons
    -New cities
    -Achievments
    -Things to find

And im really sorry here there will not be Contests :(

Screens

new_beginning__by_venom12314-d6wdy1z.png
    attacking_routes__by_venom12314-d6y3hvv.png
    new_hoenn_screen__by_venom12314-d6xy665.png

Demo

Demo 1 March 30-2014

Team

Venom12

Credits/Thank Yous

Poccil, Flameguru and Maruno
    Heavy-Metal-Lover
    Luka-SJ
    hydrargirium
    Pokemon-Diamond
    duckfarm
    LostSoulsDev
    JV
    And rest of you guys for the tilesets :)
    kymotonian
    korinkublaster
    alucus
    minorthreat0987
    ultimospriter
    ligtherzein
    wesleyfg

[/div]

Last edited:

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • Looking good so far, Venom! Though you might wanna check your thread for spelling mistakes, as there are quite a few of them.

venom12

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Ok small update here is little sneak of how will game work.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WW4Dscd-7r8[/ame]

venom12

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    Yeah i was working on journal today, it will work similar to DPP one.

journal_in_lustrous_emerald_by_venom12314-d78iuwl.png

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    Wow! Another hack eh? Cool!
    Good luck on the demake!
    These aren't hacks, bro.

On the video: Could you turn down the volume on the stepping sound effects? I could see hearing those repeatedly in the game becoming quite annoying. Also, is English not your first language? You have LOTS of spelling and grammatical errors just in the project thread alone, I hope it won't be the case with this game.

Otherwise it seems interesting. What's the point of the dual screen feature, though?

venom12

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So small update, Hoenn Swamps! They will be later in the game.

hoenn_swamps__by_venom12314-d79nd65.png

Varion Bluefire

A.K.A The Glitch
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2015
    So small update, Hoenn Swamps! They will be later in the game.

hoenn_swamps__by_venom12314-d79nd65.png

Where abouts will this be?
    Will it heavily affect the storyline? :/

Also, you need some bigger trees.
    new_hoenn_screen__by_venom12314-d6xy665.png

The player is almost the exact size of the trees here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2017
    I must say, this looks really great :) I just must ask, what do you mean by "Forgotten Pokemon"? I'm unfamiliar with that term :\

And yeah, I'd also like to know where exactly the swamps are.

venom12

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I must say, this looks really great :) I just must ask, what do you mean by "Forgotten Pokemon"? I'm unfamiliar with that term :\

And yeah, I'd also like to know where exactly the swamps are.

So forgotten Pokemons are some pokemons that are left by trainers, they are rare and not able to catch in grass etc, they will be like stone, and you will need a item to revive it adn then that pokemon is yours.

Also for the swamps not sure where they will be.

Aslo i have good info, i started working on events! So i will have demo soon i think, plan is for this month! Length will be somewhere to the first badge.

venom12

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So i have the date of release demo 1 of Pokemon Lustrous Emerald! The length will be to Dewford Town! So longer than i thinked.

The date is March 30!

Also i looking for beta testers! So contact me.

EDIT:
    So little info, I finished all events for demo! Yes, finally, i've added all trainers and events till Dewford delivering Letter for Steven.
    So It won't be end because you will be able to play all the time, also i will be working on game much more now and want to release much more content as soon as possible. So in a week or two you can expect more game! So i need to test the game myself first(which im doing right now) Then i will send the game to beta testers. And on March 30 you guys will get the game. Also i will work on updater so when new content will be avaiable you will get info. So now info what will be in demo:

Story from intro to Dewford town.
    5 Hidden Letters to be found.
    Pokenav 2.0

Last edited:

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • So finally i releasing something, game length is till dewford, you can find 5 Hidden Letters, fight all trainers, beat two gym leaders, check PokeNav 2.0 and more.

Game can have still bugs.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxDaDIUqMHcteHFwLTc0cUMxOUE/edit

Here's my bug report from playing so far:

In the intro, birch flies away, he just goes straight up, instead of fading away.
    After, it shows the pokemon, but the pokemon is at the top instead, if it was intended, the base should be there as well, but it wasn't.
    The intro shows Red instead of Brendan, I find it hard to believe seeing as you have a new looking birch that you couldn't find a Brendan.
    Your trainer sprite on the Trainer-card is also red, its not much of an error but it's a poor, lazy inconsistency.
    I can't stress enough how upset this bug makes me..you have to move with the arrows when you type in any name entry, 1, it's a touch screen oriented game, why cant I select with the mouse? also, it's a computer game, why can't I type? Sure it would be annoying to map the area for mouse input, I can believe you would not want to do that, but why can't you use the keyboard to enter text? there is no excuse for that.
    When you go to your house, the pokemon movers aren't moving, or doing anything, they are just objects, it's lazy and off putting.
    Walking down the stairs at all anywhere is weird looking and done wrong.
    When you see may, as she's walking to her computer after talking with you she walks away, but then teleports to where she is supposed to be near the end.
    When you go to save birch, the poocheyena doesn't chase him around, what's up with that? Infact, that whole scene could have been done so much better.
    Unless you do not use the touch aspect of the battle menu (choosing between fight bag run or pokemon) the arrow key entry is very weird.
    When you attack, the opposing pokemon would move upward for some reason, and when attacked, your back sprite would switch to the opponent's position, and that pokemon would be where your backsprite should be, after the attack is finished (within seconds) in both cases the sprites return to their correct spots.
    Your pokemon (i only got as far as having a starter) isn't always animated.
    When birch officially gives you the pokemon, it says that "landon" received the pokemon, not the player's name.
    When you return to the lab after saving birch, your pokemon is not healed, it doesn't have to be and isn't really an error, but it should be healed.
    If you lose a battle without prior having been to a pokemon center, you start in petalberg in the middle of a tree border and cannot continue.
    If you lose a battle after prior being in a pokemon center, you start back there, but your pokemon no longer follows you.
    If you save, quit, and return, there is no save file to continue.

Overall, I was not impressed, I expected more from such a great scripter like you. If you clean it up and make the touch screen have more of a function, the game would be a lot better. It should be more useful, such as being able to interact with thing such as objects or npc's by pressing a button on the touch screen, and being able to move with the "w,a,s,d" keys like you would with the arrow keys for a seamless game-play. Frankly, other than the battle, I saw no reason to even have the touchscreen.

Anyway, good job on a release, but you should seriously improve and move beyond these problems and take it to the next level!

**edit**
    You can also go, straight from your house, directly to the birch poochyena attack event, there is nothing stopping you from continuing, so you never have to meet May.
    When you heal, the nurse turns over, but doesn't put any balls there, nor does your pokemon go back in it's ball. She returns the "pokemon" and they are healed, then it makes the animation for your pokemon coming out of it's ball even though it already is out of it.
    When you beat may and head back home, she stops you in that town, but calls you Landon instead of your name.
    I notice you have people call you Landon a lot, while this is a simple mistake, I wonder if you know to put "\PN" instead.
    If you try to leave on the first route from the left tile next to the ledge, there is an invisible wall, and you can only leave through the right tile. I believe the "wall" is where birch was.
    Also I hadn't paid much attention, but it bothers me that there are 3 different bags - the blue/white one on the bag menu, the blue b/w style handbag and the green one your OW has. It's very sloppy, and easily fixed. Not to mention there is a line of skin on the bottom of his head when you see him from behind. It looks weird, I'd fix that.
    Just tried catching a Pokemon, but it didn't let me keep it. It was about to give show me the pokedex entry, but it didn't, and I don't have the pokemon, but when I saw another it had the mark that shows I caught it, and it is registered in my dex.

Last edited:
    Back