• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen #9 - Do you think you'll struggle with the same gym leaders you did as a kid?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Poll #9!

#9 - Do you think you'll struggle with the same gym leaders you did as a kid?

How much do you think you'll struggle against the gym leaders (or anyone in general) in these games, compared to when you played them as a kid? Which battles were the most difficult for you when you were younger (assuming you played them years ago), and do you think you'll fare better this time around?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    I always struggle with the same Gym Leaders: Claire and Whitney. Claire is just hard because I you don't have the type advantage so it requires careful planning. Whitney just requires some overleveling - especially if I'm going with Quilava and Flaaffy.

Years
  • I'm the same as Cobalt, I used to always struggle against Claire and Whitney. I don't think Whitney will be too much of a problem seeing as I've beaten her easily in recent times but the fact is that there just isn't that many Pokemon that are strong against Claire's team, so she could prove a challenge.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    There's a chance imma struggle against probably Jasmine lol Clair and Whitney should be fine tbh but that Steelix always throws a spanner in the works, esp if I'm maybe going with Chikorita. Maybe.

Years
  • For me, 2nd gen's games were one of the easiest games, but I remember that sometimes when I started with Chikorita, I had problems with Bugsy

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Bugsy and Claire. Whitney I don't have too much of a problem with because I have weird starter gender luck.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Depends on which Pokemon I pick. With Chikorita I lost against Bugsy's Scyther a bunch of times, but with the other two it's Whitney's Miltank, or sometimes it's Morty's Gengar for all three, especially if my team's slow and lacks good moves.

Back