• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Tutoring Program - stop signing up...seriously

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Do we have a time frame of which we can work towards? I mean, for instance, when is the first tournament going to be? It'd be nice to have a set date for it.
    Might as well post this here too if anyone else is wondering:

1. applications
    2. selection and matching of tutors, students
    3. first one-month period of tutoring
    4. progress check tournament
    5. second one-month period of tutoring
    6. final tournament

So, Feb 8 or something similar is when the first tournament starts.

EPIC Shedinja Hollow

Fallen Angel
    Years
  • I'm applying as a student for the 2nd round of the program after the 1st finishes up.
    PC Shoddy Server Name: Epic Shedinja
    Time Zone: Central
    What do you fell you need to work with the most? Team Building, synergy, predicting, proper switching, selecting a lead Pokemon.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule? Weekdays are usually best since I have internet access.
    Is there anything else that you would like to include about yourself? There are alot of things that are hard for me to grasp when it comes to competitive battling... v.v

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • The tournament is probably going to start on about February 14 which will be the date unless something drastic happens. The tutoring has more or less started except for a few pairings, which is what I'll handle now.

The time zone issues with Zeffy have been unfortunate to the say least. Syndrome will be taking his place as TwilightBlade's tutor because of this, though Zeffy and a student from his time zone will be reserved for next round. This has been kind of a mess, so sorry for this whole situation @_@.

This is basically underway, we're just waiting for Twilight Sky (Syndrome and TB don't need to post, I already know that both are okay with their pairing from talking to them on PO) and then it will really be completely started.

Good luck, and mostly importantly, have fun!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Hello, due to personal reasons and exams coming up I'm going to have to leave for at least a week starting Monday, believe me I really do want to continue my tutoring and learn new things, but I've got stuff I need to take care of before continuing to get on Pokémon Online. This doesn't just mean Pokémon Online, I will be taking a break from these forums exclusively as well. Now I hope this is fine, and I'm sorry to disappoint my tutor if I can't make a promise to get on.

Years
  • Applying as a student.

PC Shoddy Server Username: SeanSchulz
    Time Zone: US Western
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building, and Stragizing.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Im free weekdays 5pm to 10 pm except tuesday and wednesday, and anytime on the weekends.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I competive battled about a year or so ago, but lost intrest. Now I wanna pick it back up and be better then I was.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    Applying as a student.

PC Shoddy Server Username: SeanSchulz
    Time Zone: US Western
    What do you feel you need to work on the most? Team building, and Stragizing.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? Im free weekdays 5pm to 10 pm except tuesday and wednesday, and anytime on the weekends.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I competive battled about a year or so ago, but lost intrest. Now I wanna pick it back up and be better then I was.
    Sorry, but sign ups are closed now. They should be open again after roughly two months, or whenever the process ends. I suggest just check this thread every once and a while.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • hey i logged on the server briefly earlier to say im too busy to do this and i apologize. im taking what is essentially 7 classes (5 classes + 2 labs) and I don't think I can adequetly tutor a user in a manner i see fit and have them take a way from the process something i would be satisfied with. I'm really sorry but when I signed up I didn't think school would be this busy, but its kicking my butt! Again, sorry I am too busy but school takes priority since I need to basically get straight a's this semester to maintain my scholarships.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • Fair enough. I don't know how much this is to ask, but could you try to continue tutoring (as much as you can) until we find a replacement? If Derk doesn't mind the time difference, Zeffy is a fine alternative. But if that isn't going to work, we're going to need to find a replacement.

If you can't, that's fine. Obviously real life >>> PC, but if you could find time during the transition that would be great.

So that begs the question...who wants to be a tutor!

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Fair enough. I don't know how much this is to ask, but could you try to continue tutoring (as much as you can) until we find a replacement? If Derk doesn't mind the time difference, Zeffy is a fine alternative. But if that isn't going to work, we're going to need to find a replacement.

If you can't, that's fine. Obviously real life >>> PC, but if you could find time during the transition that would be great.

So that begs the question...who wants to be a tutor!

yeah i should be able to for a bit but its about to get really hectic in about a week or so when i have my first exams and i gotta study for those. ill try to help out as much as possible

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
  • Aww, I would gladly be a tutor if I wasn't a little late to join the party. D; Is it too late?? I am really starting to get a firm grip on competitive battling as well.
    I mean, look at this! ;D (Not to brag, but I am pretty proud. XD;; )
    Spoiler:

I know pretty much everything on the 5th Gen battling scene :D
    So if it isn't too late, could I become a tutor~?

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    For goodness sake.

Anyways, how is everyone elses tutoring going ? Are you guys actually finding this helpful and are getting things done ?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I haven't tutored yellow yet because of exams, but we should soon.

Detox

Ive been tutoring blade for a while now actually. It's coming along fine lol.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I've had two sessions with Jukain, both of which have gone quite well. Since our schedules don't match up very well I'm giving him "homework" so he can continue to work on team-building/strategies during our off-time.

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
    Years
  • I've been doing a tutoring strategy similar to Aura's with Fuyuhiko. We're covering a lot of stuff atm but I haven't had a lesson with him since he took a quick hiatus. Fuyuhiko is back though, so we're going to have a lesson soon.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    To be quite honest I'm just not in the mood to get on Pokémon Online anymore, so if that's alright I'd like to drop out. Really, I do love battling and learning new things but I'm just not that interested in many of my normal activities these days. Sorry, and I did enjoy my time on Pokémon Online. When I feel in a better and more motivated mood I shall return.

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    Since I don't know what it is, I'll leave the shoddy server part of the form blank for the time being.

PC Shoddy Server Username:
    Time Zone: British/ GMT 0:00 (it is 19:14 here now.)
    What do you feel you need to work on the most?: I think I need to work on almost everything.
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)?: Whenever I'm online.
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself?: I might be an uber abuser, hence why Reshiram is my main sweeper.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
  • i need to be tutored.. badly

PC Shoddy Server Username: Impo
    Time Zone: GMT 9.30
    What do you feel you need to work on the most?: Team Building and prediction
    Is there anything we need to know about your schedule (like when you work, for example)? I have school, I want to get really good grades, so I will be focused on school more
    Is there anything else you'd like to include about yourself? I would like to talk through PM's, as if my tutor is in a different timezone we can still communicate easily :)

...i was good, but now i pretty much suck at 5th gen,
    so tutor me please? You won't regret it ;)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    We will be sorting this out since people decided to be annoying and drop out. Stay tuned.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I have to apologize for the delay is replacements, I've been inactive due to illness and wanted D_A to do it, little did I know that he too doesn't really have the time right now. We're probably looking at Zeffy and Ninja Caterpie to replace Derk and Gamer and then Rainbow-Sasuke to be Skip shot's new student. I'll get to contacting them and anyone else necessary. Sorry for the communication breakdown etc. lol ;(.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back