• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
  • all pokemon are shiny and got pokerus

froslass pokeball, level 57
    OT: Terashi
    ID No. 04290
    Ability: cursed body
    Att: 101 Def: 102 SpAtt:149 Sp.Def:102 Speed:201
    Moves: blizzard, ominous wind, spikes, destiny bound
    Nature: timid
    egg received Date 2/14/2014
    Egg hatched: apparently 2/14/2014
    where: lumiose city
    kalos champion Ribbon
    with pentagran

eevee pokeball, level 50
    OT: Ash
    ID No. 01337
    Ability: run away
    Att: 86 Def: 81 SpAtt:76 Sp.Def:96 Speed:86
    Moves: iron tail, hidden power, sleep talk, rest
    Nature: docile
    Seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from the Unova Region
    no ribbon
    You forgot to include the HP stat so I can't check the IVs. Also need the characteristic.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2017
    sory for a off topic question can i delete this save or will they be accepted at pokebank ?
    (i only play vs npc never players)

i didnt play the game at all and want to try it

Road

beyond salvation
    Years
  • sory for a off topic question can i delete this save or will they be accepted at pokebank ?
    (i only play vs npc never players)

i didnt play the game at all and want to try it
    Delete the Pokemon, you mean? Yes, you can release it, which is recommended as hacks are not accepted by most people. You should be able to put it in Bank; I've put plenty of clear hacks in there to release later and it had no problem.

At the very least, please avoid trading it around as that is against our rules and unfair to other traders.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    VgcBkru.png

Posting them for easier referencing

I have a Shiny Luxio that I suspect is hacked, I got it from someone here claiming they caught it themselves:
    uowFyip.png

Last edited:

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • I have a Shiny Luxio that I suspect is hacked, I got it from someone here claiming they caught it themselves:
    uowFyip.png

Yeah lol, that looks hacked. 1 IVs on all looks really suspicious. I'm not sure what the encounter type PID PKHeX is reading (I would need the Luxio myself), but afaik it should be something like Chain Shiny or Common NDS (A-B-C-D).

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Yeah lol, that looks hacked. 1 IVs on all looks really suspicious. I'm not sure what the encounter type PID PKHeX is reading (I would need the Luxio myself), but afaik it should be something like Chain Shiny or Common NDS (A-B-C-D).
    Can I send you the file like I did? Or can you link me the program you used to check Deoxys and Shaymin?

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Can I send you the file like I did? Or can you link me the program you used to check Deoxys and Shaymin?

Sure, you can send me the file but I can't look at it until tonight. The program I used is Legal.exe, which was one of the main tools of legitimacy checking back in 4th gen. The problem is it doesn't work with pk7 files, only pkm files (4th gen encoding), so you kind of have to reverse engineer/recreate the Pokemon in Pokegen/Pokesav. The main things you would need are its PID, Nature, and IVs though, since that determines the PID type.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Sure, you can send me the file but I can't look at it until tonight. The program I used is Legal.exe, which was one of the main tools of legitimacy checking back in 4th gen. The problem is it doesn't work with pk7 files, only pkm files (4th gen encoding), so you kind of have to reverse engineer/recreate the Pokemon in Pokegen/Pokesav. The main things you would need are its PID, Nature, and IVs though, since that determines the PID type.
    Oh, damn, I didn't know it would be complicated like this lol. I don't want to bother you with this, with the IVs and the error I guess I have enough proof it's hacked :/

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Oh, damn, I didn't know it would be complicated like this lol. I don't want to bother you with this, with the IVs and the error I guess I have enough proof it's hacked :/

Lol don't worry about it, I'm not bothered by it. For me, the whole process takes all of 5 minutes XD. I give credit to one of my friends on GameFAQs for finding this method though. Since I came back to event collecting, I'd been wanting to use Legal.exe so much again, and now I'm able to.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • Sure, you can send me the file but I can't look at it until tonight. The program I used is Legal.exe, which was one of the main tools of legitimacy checking back in 4th gen. The problem is it doesn't work with pk7 files, only pkm files (4th gen encoding), so you kind of have to reverse engineer/recreate the Pokemon in Pokegen/Pokesav. The main things you would need are its PID, Nature, and IVs though, since that determines the PID type.

Wouldn't this only work if the Luxio is from Gen 4? I don't see how you could get an accurate read on a pokemon born in S/M.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
    Years
  • Wouldn't this only work if the Luxio is from Gen 4? I don't see how you could get an accurate read on a pokemon born in S/M.

That's true. But the only Pokemon I've seen that give the Encounter Type PID error message are from gen 3 and 4.

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Wouldn't this only work if the Luxio is from Gen 4? I don't see how you could get an accurate read on a pokemon born in S/M.

That's true. But the only Pokemon I've seen that give the Encounter Type PID error message are from gen 3 and 4.
    The Luxio was originally caught in Platinum tho

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    Hi Guys, I have a question
    I traded in the GTS for a lv 1 Chimchar with hidden ability Iron Fist. It has the pentagon saying it is from gen 6, but the date for egg received and egg hatched says 1/1/2011 (from a faraway place).
    It has outstanding potential, with great hp, atk, sp atk, def and sp def (not speed tho), but its nature is jolly. It's not shiny.
    I am concerned about the date thing. Is there a possibility the person had set the wrong date on their 3DS, causing it to appear as 2011?

Before realising that this chimchar might be suspicious, I used it for breeding (it was very useful). IF it was hacked, is using hacked pokemon for breeding frowned upon?

Also, how likely is it that a lv1 protean froakie with fling, substitute, smack down and bounce be legal? It's above average, with good special def and speed.

Thanks!

Spyro

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    Hi Guys, I have a question
    I traded in the GTS for a lv 1 Chimchar with hidden ability Iron Fist. It has the pentagon saying it is from gen 6, but the date for egg received and egg hatched says 1/1/2011 (from a faraway place).
    It has outstanding potential, with great hp, atk, sp atk, def and sp def (not speed tho), but its nature is jolly. It's not shiny.
    I am concerned about the date thing. Is there a possibility the person had set the wrong date on their 3DS, causing it to appear as 2011?

Before realising that this chimchar might be suspicious, I used it for breeding (it was very useful). IF it was hacked, is using hacked pokemon for breeding frowned upon?

Also, how likely is it that a lv1 protean froakie with fling, substitute, smack down and bounce be legal? It's above average, with good special def and speed.

Thanks!
    Hello!
    It is indeed entirely possible that the person that hatched it had their game setted to a wrong date. People do that for various, harmless reasons. I don't think that Chimchar is hacked.

If the Pokémon was hacked and you used it to breed a legit & legal Pokémon, you can still trade the offspring here, because the offspring itself isn't hacked (see our glossary for what Legal means in this setting). I do not know if its generally frown upon, but you can tell the other person, in the case that you are trading it, that the parent may have been hacked.

If all those moves on Froakie are Egg Moves, it is fully legal

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024

None of the moves on the froakie are egg moves. 3 of them are TM moves, and bounce is a level up move (it's also a move tutor move in gen 6). Given how the move relearner has been changed in gen 7, its totally possible to teach a level 1 pokemon moves that it would normally learn by level up.

Given the overall IV spread, my theory on this is that someone may have taught these moves to the froakie not knowing how egg moves work in an attempt to breed them down.

UberRoimel

The Blaise Witch Project
    Years
  • I experimented on my Powersaves. If shinifying a Pokemon modifies the TID or SID, How come I can still re nickname it? Now, I need someone who has PKHeX to check if they can spot it being hacked. I will send Two Shinies. One Legit, One Shinified.

Again, this is just an experiment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back