• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Official Hack Checking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
I experimented on my Powersaves. If shinifying a Pokemon modifies the TID or SID, How come I can still re nickname it? Now, I need someone who has PKHeX to check if they can spot it being hacked. I will send Two Shinies. One Legit, One Shinified.

Again, this is just an experiment.

Shinifying a Pokemon modifies the PID, not the TID or SID. I'm not sure how it works in Powersaves though, but I have an idea. In PKHeX, it definitely rerolls the PID, but in Powersaves, it might just make the Pokemon shiny without changing anything. I've seen at least one shiny that was shinified like that, where when I backtraced the PID, it told me the PID belonged to a nonshiny Pokemon.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Shinifying a Pokemon modifies the PID, not the TID or SID. I'm not sure how it works in Powersaves though, but I have an idea. In PKHeX, it definitely rerolls the PID, but in Powersaves, it might just make the Pokemon shiny without changing anything. I've seen at least one shiny that was shinified like that, where when I backtraced the PID, it told me the PID belonged to a nonshiny Pokemon.

What about Shinifying in PKSM?

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
Just need to double check something: Origin of the mon is in ORAS. In those games, you couldn't breed a Chikorita/any starter with an Apriball, let alone with its HA, correct? Got it in a trade from someone in my shop. Didn't raise any flags until I checked in PKHeX. Everything else I got from this person passed, but they did say they bred the below themselves, so I'm concerned.

154 - Meganium - lvl 54 - F - Caite-chan - Hardy - Friend - 31/31/30/31/30/31 - Ghost - "Emerald"

I believe you can shiny-fy Pokemon without rerolling the PID in the popular alternative to PKHeX, PKSM. It's just a simple checkbox that makes it shiny or not.

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Jan 29, 2024
Just need to double check something: Origin of the mon is in ORAS. In those games, you couldn't breed a Chikorita/any starter with an Apriball, let alone with its HA, correct? Got it in a trade from someone in my shop. Didn't raise any flags until I checked in PKHeX. Everything else I got from this person passed, but they did say they bred the below themselves, so I'm concerned.

154 - Meganium - lvl 54 - F - Caite-chan - Hardy - Friend - 31/31/30/31/30/31 - Ghost - "Emerald".

In ORAS, Gen 2 starters could not be bred in apricorn balls. They are, however, legal in any shop ball except dusk, heal, and quick balls, but I don't think they can be bred with their hidden abilities in those balls in Gen 6.

Road

beyond salvation
Years
Quick other input on this post;

Hi Guys, I have a question
I traded in the GTS for a lv 1 Chimchar with hidden ability Iron Fist. It has the pentagon saying it is from gen 6, but the date for egg received and egg hatched says 1/1/2011 (from a faraway place).
It has outstanding potential, with great hp, atk, sp atk, def and sp def (not speed tho), but its nature is jolly. It's not shiny.
I am concerned about the date thing. Is there a possibility the person had set the wrong date on their 3DS, causing it to appear as 2011?

Before realising that this chimchar might be suspicious, I used it for breeding (it was very useful). IF it was hacked, is using hacked pokemon for breeding frowned upon?

Also, how likely is it that a lv1 protean froakie with fling, substitute, smack down and bounce be legal? It's above average, with good special def and speed.

Thanks!
That date is actually the factory reset date for some models of 2DS/3DS, so it's possible that if someone had to do a complete reset like that, the date ends up on that. This is generally why I say anything with an early 2011 date is probably okay under this assumption. (Also of course you can edit dates on the system, just saying that specifically this is why early 2011 dates pop up.)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
i need help with salazzle with is shiny.
lvl: 100
4 IV on sp. atk, sp. def, hp and speed.
Have hyper trained attack and defense.
id: 376993
OT: Jake
Ability: Corrosion

RogueZero0

Game Programmer (Student)
Years
Hey, so I got 2 event pokemons on trades and was kinda in doubt about them.

Genesect
Name : ????? Lv.100 (1 of 2 I have)
Ability: Download
OT: ?????
ID No. 07133
Moves : Shift gear, Techno Blast, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed
Nature : Hasty
A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Characteristic : Alert to Sounds
Ivs: 2 ivs (attack and speed)
No pentagon and has the red Wishing Ribbon.

Jirachi (Shiny)
Name : Jirachi Lv.51
Ability: Serene Grace
OT: WISHMKr
ID No. 00001
Moves : Wish, Confusion, Grass Knot, Calm Mind
Nature : Modest
A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
Characteristic : Mischievous
Ivs: 3 ivs (HP, defense and sp.atk) with bad iv (attack)
No pentagon and no ribbon.

The Genesect seems fine, but the Jirachi has a strange OT with a non-capital r at the end. Maybe it was hacked that way to bypass the pokebank, since I thought the wishmaker couldn't be shiny and pass the pokebank...?
Thanks in advance.

MechaMoth

Eloquent Speaker
Years
Hey, so I got 2 event pokemons on trades and was kinda in doubt about them.

Genesect
Name : ????? Lv.100 (1 of 2 I have)
Ability: Download
OT: ?????
ID No. 07133
Moves : Shift gear, Techno Blast, Blaze Kick, Extreme Speed
Nature : Hasty
A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Unova region.
Characteristic : Alert to Sounds
Ivs: 2 ivs (attack and speed)
No pentagon and has the red Wishing Ribbon.

Jirachi (Shiny)
Name : Jirachi Lv.51
Ability: Serene Grace
OT: WISHMKr
ID No. 00001
Moves : Wish, Confusion, Grass Knot, Calm Mind
Nature : Modest
A fateful encounter seems to have led it across space and time to reach you from the Hoenn region.
Characteristic : Mischievous
Ivs: 3 ivs (HP, defense and sp.atk) with bad iv (attack)
No pentagon and no ribbon.

The Genesect seems fine, but the Jirachi has a strange OT with a non-capital r at the end. Maybe it was hacked that way to bypass the pokebank, since I thought the wishmaker couldn't be shiny and pass the pokebank...?
Thanks in advance.

There's nothing off about the Genesect, from what I can tell. It is shiny, correct?

You are correct about the OT being weird for the Jirachi. Although shiny WISHMKR Jirachi are possible, they're pretty rare and have been cloned galore. They would also have this as their ID: 00001-01000, according to Serebii. Also, per our discussion in this thread in the past, I don't think it would have that information for the Fateful Encounter and traveled across space and time since the Pokemon would have to be transferred through numerous games coming from Gen III.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Also I've seen a lot of WSHMKr (with the small r) and they were all hacks

Haileo

Fluttershy is mai waifu
Years
You are correct about the OT being weird for the Jirachi. Although shiny WISHMKR Jirachi are possible, they're pretty rare and have been cloned galore. They would also have this as their ID: 00001-01000, according to Serebii.

WISHMKR has a static TID of 20043. Are you thinking of PCNY?

Either way, the Jirachi is an absolutely terrible hack. The Genesect looks fine, it even has the correct Attack IV.

The Salazzle also looks fine.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
Hey guys
I am really really anal about not having hacked pokemon so I feel kind of silly asking this because this doesn't seem like as big a deal as some of the pokemon on there. Still, I wanted to ask how likely you thought it was that someone would put up for trade on the GTS a Japanese Protean Froakie in a pokeball (lv 13 hp 37 atk 23 def 19 sp atk 25 sp def 18 speed 28) with 4 individual strengths (HP ATk Def Sp Atk, outstanding potential, Naive Nature, from a day-care couple in faraway place (so from ORAS). I want to use it for Masuda method but I don't want any hacked parentage in my breeding. Thanks for humoring me

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hey guys
I am really really anal about not having hacked pokemon so I feel kind of silly asking this because this doesn't seem like as big a deal as some of the pokemon on there. Still, I wanted to ask how likely you thought it was that someone would put up for trade on the GTS a Japanese Protean Froakie in a pokeball (lv 13 hp 37 atk 23 def 19 sp atk 25 sp def 18 speed 28) with 4 individual strengths (HP ATk Def Sp Atk, outstanding potential, Naive Nature, from a day-care couple in faraway place (so from ORAS). I want to use it for Masuda method but I don't want any hacked parentage in my breeding. Thanks for humoring me
There's really nothing suspicious in that, a lot of people put their breedjects into the GTS or Wonder Trades. Protean Froakie is quite popular too, so it's easy to find one in WT/GTS

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 5, 2021
There's really nothing suspicious in that, a lot of people put their breedjects into the GTS or Wonder Trades. Protean Froakie is quite popular too, so it's easy to find one in WT/GTS

Thanks! I actually am rather new to both breeding and the GTS so I figured a HA starter was probably hard to come by.
Also, I just want to say I think it's really awesome that you guys devote your time to helping people figure this stuff out. Thanks so much!

CosmoeomJ

CosmoeomJ
Years
  • Age 34
  • USA
  • Seen Aug 6, 2021
Hi,

I'm looking to see if this pokemon is legit.
Thanks in advance.

Mew, Normal pokeball, Level 78, OT Mystry. Nature: rash. Ability: syncronize. Moves: psychic, metronome, transform and aura sphere.

Spyro

Years
  • Seen Oct 5, 2018
Hi,

I'm looking to see if this pokemon is legit.
Thanks in advance.

Mew, Normal pokeball, Level 78, OT Mystry. Nature: rash. Ability: syncronize. Moves: psychic, metronome, transform and aura sphere.

Is Mystry written like this or in caps? What's the ID? Game of Origin?

Baby-Slade

Dragon/Pseudo master
Years
i have a shiny lvl 1 female adamant 6iv spiritomb egg moves of destiny bond , shadow sneak and dark pulse and i was wondering if it is hacked or not it says from the kalos region am concerned because i was gonna breed more and transfer this 1 to a ultra sun/moon

Spiritomb
Name Spiritomb (shiny)
6iv
HA-infiltrator
Adamant
Female
Moves: foul play ,pain split , shadow sneak and sucker punch
Traded it for a marshadow sense i got it of wonder trade
this kid got it from OT Nathalie-32711
seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from The Kalos Region
Characteristics takes plenty of siestas

Road

beyond salvation
Years
i have a shiny lvl 1 female adamant 6iv spiritomb egg moves of destiny bond , shadow sneak and dark pulse and i was wondering if it is hacked or not it says from the kalos region am concerned because i was gonna breed more and transfer this 1 to a ultra sun/moon

Spiritomb
Name Spiritomb (shiny)
6iv
HA-infiltrator
Adamant
Female
Moves: foul play ,pain split , shadow sneak and sucker punch
Traded it for a marshadow sense i got it of wonder trade
this kid got it from OT Nathalie-32711
seems to have traveled across both space and time to reach you from The Kalos Region
Characteristics takes plenty of siestas
While I believe it's legal, WT Shinies are almost always hacked. The OT/ID doesn't seem familiar to me but could be on some hack lists that the others might have.
Breed it if you want but I would recommend releasing this one after.

P.S. That Marshadow you sent away was hacked as well, they require a ribbon which bars WT/GTS trades. All Events these days are like that so be careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back