• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hooking up console fail

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Anyone ever had issues hooking up a console to their TV (no audio or video) only to find out it was because of an obvious mistake?

I have one of those universal composite cables for PS2, Gamecube, and Xbox. I'm over here blindly putting the PS2 A/V cable into the back of the Gamecube and it fit kinda snug so I was wondering why it felt weird and I turn the console on with a buzzing sound on the TV. I unplug the cable and saw I was holding the wrong cable and started laughing and I worried if the pins would scratch the Gamecube's A/V slot. Well I just plugged the Gamecube A/V cable into the right slot and no issues. Just couldn't believe I made such a careless mistake haha.

BlissyMKW

Rawr
Years
This one may be not much of a "hooking up console fail", but for the past several days, I've been accidently using the wrong HDMI cord for my PS4, so whenever I would try to play Puyo Puyo Tetris (and fail badly because I suck at Tetris), there would be moments when the screen would go black or act buggy and ruin my plays. I thought I somehow did something to my HDMI cord, but I only found out the other day that I was using the old one I barely need. Facepalming did happen after I realized the truth.

Back