• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My First Fake, and It's the Start of a Set! (Mystery)

Years
  • This is the start of a set based on the Mystery set from the original Pokemon Trading Card Game for the Game Boy Color. This is my first fake. I couldn't get the image to fit very well, and looking at the set logo, I should have made it bigger. The HP and the name aren't aligned either. Other than that, how did I do?

Card 46/47: Voltorb LV. 18
    voltorb4tp3.png

Credits to:
    KougaWolf (Energy Icons)
    PokeBeach.com (Blank)

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    Not bad.

Are you sure you have the fonts correct? Humanist/Gill Sans Condensed Bold for names and attack titles, normal version for most other things. Then there's Futura, but I don't use it myself and I don't see much of the point of Futura since Gill Sans mostly does its job without it.

- In the old cards, a line is used to separate attacks. See the line above the W/R/RC? A line like that. So below Tackle and before Swift, there should be a 'separator' line there.
    - 'Illus' doesn't need a 'by'. Unless 'by' is part of your name, it shouldn't be there.
    - I've mentioned it already, but there's an issue with the fonts. You can find a Humanist pack at pokemonzeo.com. It isn't Gill Sans but people who pick out that are just.. picky.
    - The blank is blown up 200%? Energy symbols also particularly huge (I guess they were supposed to be like that though). Maybe you should just zoom the blank while working with it and use normal sized symbols, and when you're done, bring it back to its normal size.
    - Have you looked a real card? Look at the fonts, have you applied the right fonts to the right area of the card? Also, look at where the text is placed, etc. You don't need pinpoint accuracy, but approximations/good guesses are enough. Pokebeach.com is a good place to find examples of the real thing.

Good luck with your set.

Back