• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon: Discovery

Should the beta be released sooner or later?

• Sooner! [Shorter beta]

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • Later! [Longer beta]

Votes: 35 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 15, 2016
when will nxt beta come there is lots to discovery less to wait i think

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Mar 28, 2016
Hello, I'm a girl from Germany (so sorry for my bad English). And I'm so impressed of this beautiful game!! The story seems to be very excited und mysterious.
I have tried the last two days to start the Game (with help from youtube "Let's play Pokemon Discovery"). But there is no way to play. So can someone help me? I think I need a good Emerald File (I found only "1986 Pokemon Emerald (U)"). And I tried it on a Mac (with "Multipatch" instead of "Nups"). But I could also borrow a Windows Laptop. I hope someone could help me or can give me a good address. Thank you very much!!!! :-)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
Hello everyone, here with an update about Discovery. First of all, to those who don't know, I'm redoing Beta 1. Yes yes, I know ... some of you were waiting for Beta 2 but let's be honest, Discovery didn't meet its full potential. I was making Discovery along with trying to learn how to do anything involving ROM hacking and now that I know a decent amount of information, I want to restart the project to make it even better.
Even better means updated tiles to look more like Gen 4 with OWs that are Gen 4 as well. Another thing is instead of the typical route music, you'll be able to hear songs from the Radio. More on that in a second.
So the introductionary area has been altered to have more story behind it and it also helps the player understand everything that is going on. When you arrive on the island for the first time, you will not see people on the beach. In fact, it'll be awhile before you even see people. Yes, one of the elements to Discovery is just that: it's the discovery of Pokemon. However, it's also a shipwreck tale on a big island. Discovery didn't have a feel for being shipwreck. You were on an island then you ran into a town then another then a city ... it needs to be more isolated than that. In the upcoming version, we will see elements such as the need for shelter, proper clothing, food, and water. The story will be altered in such a way to where it feels like it truly is just you and your Eevee (or eeveelution) ... until you encounter the first people (hint hint won't be a good encounter). This may seem boring at first or maybe you're pondering how this will unfold and all I have to say is that it'll be a different type of Pokemon environment.

As for the Radio, it'll be a feature you can tune in and off whenever you want.
One of the many items you'll find in the wreckage will be a pocket radio. The shipwreck isn't too far from shore and on it the radio tower seems to be intact. The further you are from the ship, the weaker the signal. You can choose to have it turned on or off, but in key events the music will change to set the mood correctly. (Feedback wanted on this feature)

I was also thinking about implementing a weight system. You'll find a bag in the wreckage which will allow you to carry more things but as time goes on and you gather more things, the bag will weigh you down which is prevent you from adding anything further until you sell or get rid of items. (feedback wanted on this feature)

For those that are curious as to how the introduction scene will be altered, you may read in the spoiler however it will contain spoils of the new intro (obviously):
Spoiler:

Again, if you read the intro then go ahead and give feedback in a spoiler if you want to.

ANOTHER big plot problem I had was how the player got its eeveelution. For the life of me I could not figure out a good way to hand these evolutions out until now. In the spoiler below, you'll find out how I intend to give the player his eeveelution. I'm still iffy on the Espeon way and for Leafeon and Glaceon I'm having troubles so feel free to help me out with ideas on that:
Spoiler:

Thanks for reading and please provide feedback to make this a better game. Thanks

Hey I like your ideas, really every eevolution has its own unique story and it fits it really well.
I wanna give you some ideas about leafeon/glaceon

So this may be totally out of place, because its a beach etc, but I think a good idea for glaceon and having to do with survival is that it builds you an Igloo as Shelter. Of course for an igloo to actually be warmer inside than outside there has to be a blizzard or something. Dont know if you can do this. But maybe a mad pokemon/articuno summoned a blizzard and it builds an igloo and you're safe for the night. In the morning the blizzard is gone and you continue normaly.

And for leafeon, as some1 mentioned that it cleans the air etc, while you journey on the beach you find a wreckage of a ship that had chemicals on it, so now they are spilled and you breathe them in, but you only notice this when its too late and you pass out. When you wake up leafeaon sits beside you and has saved you :)

Just my two thoughts!!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 16, 2016
hey, I got a request... can you touch on the Stephen king book "it" with pennywise the clown or something from that book....you did a great job with the shining reference. maybe make hennery bowers and gang a part of a group on one of your lands....anyways great hack, theres no surprise you got a qurter million people who played it... its very entertaining, you got a great mind friend

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 10, 2016
Hey, I have an issue. Every time I go to open my bag, whether in or out of battle, my screen goes dark and freezes. I have just selected my eeveelution, and wondering why it's doing this?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Hello everyone, here today to just give a minor update about the hack. I know in the past I've been off and on again about working on the hack and to be honest, I lost some motivation to do it since there are key features I want for the game that aren't implemented (like expanded OWs for Emerald and expanded parent tilesets). The vision is still there and I'm continuously thinking about ways to make it better though and to be honest, I've been busy with work and when I'm home I've been doing other things and playing video games not even visiting this forum.
The main reason I'm commenting is because soon I'll be going underway again. For those that don't know or can't tell in the beta 1 trailer, I'm a sailor in the US Navy and I'm a submariner as well. I'll be gone for 4-6 months and that's a long time to be in a tin can unda da sea. In my free time, I will have nothing to do but to focus on this and Fat Kid! It will become my daily ritual to get off watch and work on it, at least a little. It will have significant progress when I get back. I have great fans out there of the hack and that's what keeps me going. Thanks for the motivation. Stay tuned for something great. If you like beta 1, you haven't seen anything yet.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
this hack really shows originality and a lot of promise,

and soon you will be working on it while living in a submarine? wowwww sweet, all the best!

Years
Good luck on your work and adventure, Le Pug!! I bet that can be an inspiration for this hack and make it better! Can't wait for the news in 6 months! Maybe you even xompleted the hack by then ;)

Years
It's good to hear that Discovery is going to have a progress (though it's 6 month later).
Anyway, I'm still one of those who are waiting for this hack. Discovery is still one of my favorite hacks, too.
Good luck with both your work and hacking.

Years
  • Age 66
  • Seen Apr 20, 2016
This rom is very powerful.

You are very talented

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 14, 2020
I am waiting for 3 rom hacks at the moment, and this is one of them

Years
Yeah!Discovery is back!!!
The evolution idea sounds great,but how is gonna be the route if i choose not evolve eevee?
Anyway,good luck!

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2017
Awesome game!

I really hope you update it soon... got to the point where the game said that beta one ended, and really just wanted to play more :D

Back