• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Guy

just a guy
Years
  • HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Every Pokémon Trainer needs someplace to share their great memories of travel. Some keep them within a private journal, while many like to write about them to share to others. Here, in the HeartGold & SoulSilver: Travel Journal, you can post your many adventures you and your Pokémon share while traveling through the vast region of Johto and Kanto in the newly released remakes of Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Along with sharing your own traveling stories, you may also feel free to comment on other trainers who are posting their journal entries as well. It's one way to keep so many people far and wide together in an enjoying way.

Rules of the Travel Journal
    However, when it comes to such journals, there are rules that apply. So, we do appreciate your cooperation in following them.

• Please follow the Standard PokéCommunity Rules as well as the rules of the HeartGold & SoulSilver board.
    • Leave this thread only for entering your traveling stories through HG/SS. NO YOUTUBE VIDEOS.
    • You may comment on others, but please be respectful and stay within topic.
    • If you may have any questions of the games, it's best you ask them within the HG/SS Help Thread.
    • Also, just have fun and be creative. There are many who enjoy reading other journal entries, so you never know if you may meet up with a new friend along the way.
    Well trainers, this seems to wrap up the base of this thread, so please enjoy your journey through the GSDS remakes and have fun.

If you may have any questions or concerns, please contact
    bobandbill or Hiiro

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The ROM has been leaked now (no, don't ask where you can get it here or anywhere in HGSS, search for it yourself =P), and someone also reportedly got the game early because gamestop people are stupid apparently(did happen with someone and D/P after all, so not a one-off). So I'd take it people can use this now - so consider this opened, and post away!

A reminder to not post youtube video links - this is for you to write about what you've done, not advertise your channel or show us it. The only place you can link to youtube videos is in your sig. Also, if you want to post screenshots/pictures, do it here please: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=194346

sudden_hit

The Chikorita lover :]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2015
    Started the game with a totodile. Named my rival Silver, on to fight the first Gym leader Falconer now!

The journey Begins!

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • Wow , ROM Leaked ... ? *searches ! finds !!* *downloads ... puts on m\friend's R4i*

Tahhdahh ! I need to wait less for Sunday !

It is a ROM so I started with aTotodile and admired the graphics !
    I'll play seriously on Sunday !

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • started my 3rd journey on pokemon hgss today,

got female (!) cyndaquil named Popo (i thought it was a boy....so....gotta change her name in goldenrod...XP)

Popo has a nice nature, too

i think im kinda lucky with this one X3

edit :

something stupid erase my file and my female cyndaquil....

going all over again....

Last edited:

Sudeki

Can you feel it?
    Years
  • Well, Won't be able to actually play till Midnight, but this is pretty much how its going to be.

-Start, Pick male character, Name him Sudeki.
    -Get Cyndaquil, Spend 20minutes thinking of a name for it.
    -Drool over the awesome graphics.

RTHookers

Banned
    Years
  • Downloaded the ROM
    Loaded it on m Supercard
    Got Totodile nicknamed Fealigatr, caught a Pidgey name TokiManiac (Personal thing, Toki in Hebrew is parrot in English, and because I usually call my Cockatiel maniac, well..)
    Survived Anti-Piracy measures by saving oftenly.
    Beaten Falkner, Beaten Bugsy, both still look like girls.
    Got to Goldenrod, got to the GTS although there are still lame trades. Can't wait to Pokesav my file and give them a mewtwo with 0IV's.
    Going to sleep. Goodnight, chucklenuts.

EDIT : forgot to mention.
    Caught a female Rattata, nicknamed FmaleSlave, guess Pokemon's creators don't care about female slavery.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    I'll make a blog on my forum, if anyone wants to read it, go ahead.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    Ok heres my start of my HeartGold journey.

+ Got Cyndaquil and left it's name.

+ Done the intro quest thingy with Mr. Pokemon.

+ PWNED! my Rival who is now called 'Soul' by default.

+ CAUGHT! a Mareep at lvl 6

now I need to grind the mareep until it learns thundershock so it can PWN! Falconer.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Just updated my blog, you can check it out all you want.

Also, this is what I'll do-

My name is Gold.
    My rival's name is Silver.
    The girl's name is something I don't give a *** about.

Cyndaquil FTW.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    My protag's name is Taichi. Rival name is Lucas. So far, I just beat Bugsy in Azeala Town. My party currently holds:
    Flaffy Lv 20 (AGU)
    Quilava Lv 20 (APOLLO)
    Nidorino Lv 19 (SHO)
    Togepi Lv 20 (TOTIUS)

Rainflower

분홍신
    Years
  • I got the HeartGold ROM file on my EDGE card but apparently I still encounter some freezing problems, so this progress is only going to be temporary until I managed to get a better quality ROM.

- I started with a Male Cyndaquil.. which I nicknamed Blaze. Initially I got a female one, but I prefer male Cyndaquil.
    - Caught Mareep before battling Falkner :3 I nicknamed it Puff.
    - Both evolved after battling in Sprout Tower + Violet Gym.
    - Received the Togepi egg and I'm on my way to Azalea.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • - named rival Silver (i love that name)

- caught a male mareep name Jojo

- beat falkner

- got togepi egg, hatched and named riri (not using this one)

- beat bugsy

- spend 3 hour solid to search for a heracross in azalea town (female and named Mimi)

- beat whitney <---- i hate you

- hated the english version game corner, can't find where to exchange money to coin (gamefreak are too cruel)

- got a bicycle and make the game faster than ever

- accidentally encounter a yanma and caught it, not using.

- kick that stupid sudowoodo outta the way

- advancing to ecruteak city and got male eevee named Ruru from Bill (pokesupe, lol)

- pwn pokeathlon, fun fun fun

- gotta evolve ruru into espeon before challenging morty (his new sprite are hot !)

Last edited:

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Just got it up and running. First time I chose cyndaquil, it had a lonely nature whichmade me sad, so I restarted. Then I saved in front of the pokeballs, chose him again, but it was a female cyndaquil! 3rd time was the charm with a modest male.

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    what is the best nature to have on a starter totodile? quiet?

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    And another weird thing, I went north from Cherrygrove, and encountered a kakuna. I've never fought a kakuna up this route before.

EDIT:Finally got cyndaquil and pidgey to level 10. Now I can kick some butt in the sprout tower!

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Just got out of Ice Path. Yay for replaying Japanese copies. ^_^ Now I will grind like crazy and go beat up Claire and the Kimono Girls and catch Lugia and all that good cheese.

Back