• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
I'm playing Crystal version and I want to evolve my Haunter into a Gengar. Since I can't trade, the only way to do that is by hacks. I tried hacking Haunter into a Gengar but it only changed the picture to a Gengar. When I battle with it it says "Gengar" but still appears as a Haunter. When I check its stats it shows a picture of a Gengar. How do I completely turn my Haunter into a Gengar while keeping all the stats and moves, but have the game treat it like an actual Gengar?

Just edit Haunter's evolution method... change it from evolve by trade to evolve by level, or whatever. No need to do anything complicated.

And I'd just like to point out that I still havn't received an answer for one of my question, on the previous page. It's kind of a big problem, and I'd like some help.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
What do I have to do to get the Pretty Petal Flower Shop to sell flowers? I need to know what activates it so I can activate it earlier in my hack. Thanks

Perri Lightfoot

Let's give it a go!
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Apr 17, 2022
After spending more time than I'd care to admit on this issue; I'm at my wit's end and need some help ^^' How in blue blazes does one go about editing Pokemon Ruby's Professor Birch intro so that the Azurill's cry and picture is replaced with that of another Pokemon? I've scoured the Web and experimented in my hex editor; only to constantly hit dead ends. Any help with this would be hugely appreciated! :)

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
Years
I have another wuestion:

Is it possible that editing growth rate of a pokemon can cause it to skip a level when it evolves?
'my starter leveled up to 16, evolved, and was level 17'
It also shouldve learnt curse at Level 18, but didnt even try, how can this be cause?

anyone? I really stumped..

Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2021
I have 2 simple questions:
1st: How do I change Pokémon base stats?
2nd: How do I change Pokémon's way of evolution?

This is in Generation III, on Pokémon Emerald.

Thanks in advance.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Is it honestly that hard to open a script in XSE and check it?

Setting flag 0x1 (wtf what kind of number is that?) appears to trigger the shop.

I`m sorry but I am horrible at scrpting, don`t even have a script editor and can`t get one because I`m using internet on my phone not computor.

I just need to know what activates the Pretty Petal Flower Shop in-game. A certain acticity, a certain person, a certain area?

Doomsaloto

Learning to be Pr0
Years
Overwriting Offsets

I have a question, again. How do you overwrite already used offsets in a ROM? I'm hacking Fire Red, and I've already run out of free space. I used a rom resizer, but that didn't work. So I need to be able to get rid of some of the generic Fire Red scripts, which I'm not using anymore since I'm making everything myself. Its kind of bad that I already ran out of space since Im still only at the first gym point of the game. So, is it possible to overwrite those old offsets? If not, what would you recommend I do to extend my hack?

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
Years
I have a question, again. How do you overwrite already used offsets in a ROM? I'm hacking Fire Red, and I've already run out of free space. I used a rom resizer, but that didn't work. So I need to be able to get rid of some of the generic Fire Red scripts, which I'm not using anymore since I'm making everything myself. Its kind of bad that I already ran out of space since Im still only at the first gym point of the game. So, is it possible to overwrite those old offsets? If not, what would you recommend I do to extend my hack?

you could used the hacked engine by jpan which clear ever script in the firered rom and you be able to use the old offset like staring at offset 700000 rather than 800000

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
Since my hack takes place in Kanto, and yet it's a Ruby hack, it's starting to get a real pain in the ass porting FR/LG music over. Does anyone know how to port all of FR/LG's music flawlessly over to Ruby? Since Emerald has all FR/LG music, it should be possible.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2011
HEY I HAVE 3 QUESTIONS GUYZ?

ANY HELP WUD BE APPRECIATED.

USING POKEMON EMERALD.

1. WHEN I CREATE HOUSES FROM A NEW MAP, I CANT ENTER IT WHEN IM TESTING THE GAME....THE WRAPS ARE SET CORRECTLY , FROM THE OUTSIDE TO THE INSIDE OF THE HOUSE. WHEN I ENTER THE SCREEN GOES BLACK AND FREEZES... IVE SEARCHED BUT SEEMED TO FIND NO SOLUTION...I DONT NO WHATS WRONG... TIPS?( MOVEMENT PERMISSIONS ETC....ARE ALL IN PLCE AND CORRECT)

2. WHEN I TRY AND SAVE A SCRIP USING EXTREME SCRIPT EDITOR IT DOESNT GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SAVE MY GBA FILE....NORMALI I CAN CHOOSE THE "ALL FILES" OPTION BUT IT DOESNT GIVE IT. SO I DON NO WOT TO DO...( AND YES I LOADED THE ROM TO BEGIN WIT LOL)

3. ALSO WHEN I TRY AND COMPILE THE SCRIPT IT SAYD SOMETHING LIKE " I DON HAVE ENOUGH SPACE IN ROM". I USED FSF TO FIND FREE SPACE AND THEY GAVE ME CODE BUT STILL SAYD THERES NO SPACE.

NE HELP WUD BE APPRECIATED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back