• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Disney hero?

Years
  • Looking fondly back at Disney over the years are there any heroes or heroines who have stuck with you. I am going to make a second thread if you want to talk about Disney Villains, but this one is for the good guys.

I love Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame. She is not a Disney Princess and is a frequently overlooked character, but I think is one of the mostly beautifully-drawn and unique faces to grace the screen of Walt Disney pictures. I think she's also just cool. She is free-spirited, bohemian, sensitive and strong. Those who think she only cares about looks don't understand her I think.

I also like Mulan, she is simple and down-to-earth, a gentle person really not seeking any attention, but thrust into adverse circumstances. She is quite clumsy and endearing as she stumbles to find her way in two different and worlds, and I really root for her because she works so hard to support her friends, family and country. She seems like one of the more realistic heroines and her triumphs are well-earned.

Is there a lady, man or animal on the side of right in the world of Disney whom you would love to mention here?

Bay

Years
  • I too love Mulan for the same reasons as above, but also because she can be also clever at times and proved herself to stand her ground. Not only that, she was like the first female Asian Disney protagonist, and that was like a big deal for younger me as I'm Asian myself.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2018
    Aladdin was probably my favorite as a kid... brave, adventurous, humble, mischievous, gives up his food for those kids at the beginning, really just trying to get by but he doesn't hesitate to help other people at the risk of his own safety.

Back