• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Benny Hinn Ministries raided by IRS and US Postal Inspectors

Guest123_x1

This is quite a stunning development in the Christian community, and could very well send a message to other "prosperity gospel" preachers similar to Hinn, many of whom were also investigated by the feds in the past.

According to various reports, Benny Hinn Ministries has been raided by not only the IRS, but also the United States Postal Inspection Service. What's really concerning in this is the possible factors involved since multiple federal agencies are involved in this raid, such as tax evasion, criminal wrongdoing, and mail fraud.

From http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Be...eadquarters-Raid-420703273.html#ixzz4fZpIgC2u :
Benny Hinn Ministries 'Cooperating' After Headquarters Search

Administrators at the North Texas headquarters of prominent televangelist Benny Hinn say they are cooperating with investigators after federal agents were seen searching their offices this week.

Investigators have not revealed any information on what they were searching for or if there is an active investigation.

"As has been widely reported, Benny Hinn Ministries is cooperating fully with the governmental entities that are reviewing certain operations of the church," read a post on the church's official Facebook page.

"The ministry has undergone intense scrutiny over the years, and we remain confident that there will again be a positive and speedy outcome in the days ahead."

Hinn was in Paris, France, at the time of the search, according to a schedule posted on his website.

Hinn was one of six television evangelists investigated by the Senate Finance Committee in 2007. After three years, the committee made no definitive findings of wrongdoing.
Published at 5:26 AM CDT on Apr 28, 2017 | Updated at 5:27 AM CDT on Apr 28, 2017
Copyright Associated Press / NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth

NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
Follow us: @nbcdfw on Twitter | NBCDFW on Facebook
In digesting this story, I will say, that my mom has watched Benny Hinn's program in the past, and would always be frustrated when it came time for the program to solicit donations: Hinn would frequently have a guest with him and they would tell you that you would be blessed ONLY if you sent at least a certain amount of money to them, always a very specific and very high amount (several hundreds of dollars or more, but often well over $1,000).

Last edited:

Somewhere_

i don't know where
Years
I disliked many televangelists and mega church pastors because they preach a very watered-down version of the Bible. Some have good intentions, some dont.

You know they are bad when they claim you can only be saved if you donate- an obvious lie if you accept the Bible as truth.

Im against taxing churches; however, I am not against taxing pastors. Hopefully these investigations will lead to more accountable pastors.

Matthew 22: 15-22

15 Then the Pharisees went out and laid plans to trap him in his words. 16 They sent their disciples to him along with the Herodians. "Teacher," they said, "we know that you are a man of integrity and that you teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. You aren't swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are. 17 Tell us then, what is your opinion? Is it right to pay the imperial tax[a] to Caesar or not?"

18 But Jesus, knowing their evil intent, said, "You hypocrites, why are you trying to trap me? 19 Show me the coin used for paying the tax." They brought him a denarius, 20 and he asked them, "Whose image is this? And whose inscription?"

21 "Caesar's," they replied.

Then he said to them, "So give back to Caesar what is Caesar's, and to God what is God's."

22 When they heard this, they were amazed. So they left him and went away.

Years
Churches are not places where wealth is concentrated. If they are, then they should be taxed. From an outsider's perspective, those megachurches just seem flatout wrong.

Back