• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Sea Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • So, resumed my savefile a bit ago and here's the bugs I've found so far, in case you wanna fix 'em:
    -Olenburg City's music stops after a second or two when you quit the Pokémon Center.
    -This NPC's lines are: "Poor Pokémon! I hope it's fine!" which doesn't really make sense at all in the first time you get to interact with it. The pokemons behind him doesn't look like they're suffering or anything, for example. <- Oh, okay, it DOES make sense if you interact with him after interacting with the lady in front of the Daycare's entrance.
    -The "Mart" word on the Pokemart is half blue and half red, but the whole building itself is blue.
    -You can battle as many times as you want with the girl on the city's 2nd slide, dunno if it was intended or a bug.
    -The teacher at the right in the Pre-School room of the PokeAcademy gives you an item called "Enhancement", whose description is all messed up.
    -Btw, the exact same teacher also says: "That lady told me it has something to do with items." and it's kinda hard to think that she's referring to the blonde teacher at her left, considering that said teacher is just complaining about dem kids.
    -Having the weird looking slides along with the FRLG Tiles on that room looks really ugly btw, but I guess that would a matter of tastes instead of a bug.
    -Quick Ball's description also looks all messed up.
    -This is another minor description error, but if you have some time, add a jump to the next line after the "used to" of the Orange Dye's description, so it won't feel weird.
    -And the exact same thing for Yellow Dye's.
    -Again, could be not a bug, but you forgot to give 5 Pokéballs to the player along with the Pokedex in Olenburg's Lab.
    -The applymovement when Terrence goes all to the right would have made more sense if his Metagross followed him all the way through instead of moving once, waiting for Terrence to get off-screen and then dissapearing all of a sudden, in my opinion.
    -The exact same bug with Olenburg's Pokémon Center and the music also happens in Landalure.
    -There's an NPC on Landalure that gives you a Metal Coat, but the item obtained's msgbox says that the player got a potion.
    -I'm looking forward to seeing Satan's plot on this HackROM.
    -At some point of the game I've got a Bad Egg created on the 6th Box of my PC. I didn't used any single cheat of any kind, just in case my starter was Fennekin and the only Pokemons that I caught were 4 Zigzagoons.
    -You forgot to add Mega Gallade's icon in the Mega Evolution testing battle. Also, Mega Gallade appears as the 770th Pokémon when it should have the exact same Number than Gallade.
    -After winning or losing said testing battle, the one pokemon you took to the guy becomes a Missigno.
    Of course, after trying to heal it doesn't go back to be your starter, and if you actually look into his Stats Page, you'll get a black screen after trying to go back. Basically, the whole script can ruin savefiles quite easily.
    -Is this some serious foreshadowing to a character named "Oeiaa"? (Jk)
    -Is "O EIEiO A EA E" the retarded brother of Oeiaa?
    -There's a statue of a Karateman in the upper floor of Terrence's Gym, or what's supposed to be an actual Karatemean without a script.

Yeah, I know, it's a Demo, but someone has to keep a track on the most noticeable bugs am I right?
    There's also minor gramatical errors but they're not worth mentioning, these were the errors and bugs that I've noticed the most while my run through the Demo. Hopefully the next one, if there is one, will come more polished. Keep up with the good work c:

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • So, resumed my savefile a bit ago and here's the bugs I've found so far, in case you wanna fix 'em:
    -Olenburg City's music stops after a second or two when you quit the Pokémon Center.
    FIXED
    -This NPC's lines are: "Poor Pokémon! I hope it's fine!" which doesn't really make sense at all in the first time you get to interact with it. The pokemons behind him doesn't look like they're suffering or anything, for example. <- Oh, okay, it DOES make sense if you interact with him after interacting with the lady in front of the Daycare's entrance.
    Thanks. I edited the script so it's now, "The stolen Pokémon, I hope it's fine.
    -The "Mart" word on the Pokemart is half blue and half red, but the whole building itself is blue.
    -You can battle as many times as you want with the girl on the city's 2nd slide, dunno if it was intended or a bug.
    -The teacher at the right in the Pre-School room of the PokeAcademy gives you an item called "Enhancement", whose description is all messed up.
    -Btw, the exact same teacher also says: "That lady told me it has something to do with items." and it's kinda hard to think that she's referring to the blonde teacher at her left, considering that said teacher is just complaining about dem kids.
    Fixed
    -Having the weird looking slides along with the FRLG Tiles on that room looks really ugly btw, but I guess that would a matter of tastes instead of a bug.
    After I found a nice slide tile, I'll update this.
    -Quick Ball's description also looks all messed up.
    -This is another minor description error, but if you have some time, add a jump to the next line after the "used to" of the Orange Dye's description, so it won't feel weird.
    -And the exact same thing for Yellow Dye's.
    -Again, could be not a bug, but you forgot to give 5 Pokéballs to the player along with the Pokedex in Olenburg's Lab.
    Fixed
    -The applymovement when Terrence goes all to the right would have made more sense if his Metagross followed him all the way through instead of moving once, waiting for Terrence to get off-screen and then dissapearing all of a sudden, in my opinion.
    Actually, Metagross is intended to follow Terrence while leaving, it has movement data in script, but upon playing the event, it doesn't follow and waits for Terrence to finish his movement. I've checked the OW number and it's correct. I'm still figuring the reason why it is happening.
    -The exact same bug with Olenburg's Pokémon Center and the music also happens in Landalure.
    -There's an NPC on Landalure that gives you a Metal Coat, but the item obtained's msgbox says that the player got a potion.
    Fixed
    lol. Fixed too
    -At some point of the game I've got a Bad Egg created on the 6th Box of my PC. I didn't used any single cheat of any kind, just in case my starter was Fennekin and the only Pokemons that I caught were 4 Zigzagoons.
    Yeah, I don't know why it always appears in box number 6. I'll try to fix this.
    -You forgot to add Mega Gallade's icon in the Mega Evolution testing battle. Also, Mega Gallade appears as the 770th Pokémon when it should have the exact same Number than Gallade.
    -After winning or losing said testing battle, the one pokemon you took to the guy becomes a Missigno.
    Of course, after trying to heal it doesn't go back to be your starter, and if you actually look into his Stats Page, you'll get a black screen after trying to go back. Basically, the whole script can ruin savefiles quite easily.
    -Is this some serious foreshadowing to a character named "Oeiaa"? (Jk)
    -Is "O EIEiO A EA E" the retarded brother of Oeiaa?
    -There's a statue of a Karateman in the upper floor of Terrence's Gym, or what's supposed to be an actual Karatemean without a script.
    Fixed HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Yeah, I know, it's a Demo, but someone has to keep a track on the most noticeable bugs am I right?
    There's also minor gramatical errors but they're not worth mentioning, these were the errors and bugs that I've noticed the most while my run through the Demo. Hopefully the next one, if there is one, will come more polished. Keep up with the good work c:

Okay, I found some errors, I hope that's all. And big thanks for putting effort finding bugs and glitches.

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • FIXED

Spoiler:

Actually, Metagross is intended to follow Terrence while leaving, it has movement data in script, but upon playing the event, it doesn't follow and waits for Terrence to finish his movement. I've checked the OW number and it's correct. I'm still figuring the reason why it is happening.
    Spoiler:

can you tell me how your script occours??
    as if person id is 1 and Metagross id is 2
    applymovement 0x1 @outofscreen
    applymovement 0x2 @outofscreen(or some different)
    [S-HIGHLIGHT]applymovement 0x1 @outofscreen
    waitmovement 0x0
    applymovement 0x2 @outofscreen(or some different)[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

I hope you are using the non-highlighted script as the waitmovement can be responsible for that :)
    I am a beginner hacker and much well known to hacking by you but still I think I can be of some help to you one day :)

Years
  • Wow, Lance32497, this hack is so beautiful image-wise, I love the player over-world/back sprite and those unique features i see some I never seen before keep it up. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2017
    So I've played through to where it ends. A really solid game thus far, few bugs here and there. There's a bug when froakie is levelling up from 11 to 16, at every level 'froakie is trying to learn growl', I'm pretty sure this isn't intentional. Then there's another bug with the day/night system where its 1p.m. but it shows an evening sky.

Another bug is with the leftovers, even at full health the pokemon will use leftovers. Healing to full health with leftovers doesn't change the hp bar. It'll say e.g. 27/28. Other bugs have already been mentioned so.

But all in all one of my most anticipated rom hacks! Nice job

Lance32497

Years
  • Hello guys! Me again, but now, I'm here to update you about the progress of Alpha 2 version..

Here's the video of Magearna's Soul-Heart Ability:

What I will be including on the 2nd Alpha are:
    • Starters of Ginoa region and Local Pokemon (Local bird, Local bug and etc…)
    • Meet Magearna
    • Discover the secret of Froanna and Elsice
    • Newly created abilities and moves
    • Pokemon from Alola Region
    • Free Froakie with Hidden Ability

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    The game looks great but I encountered a pretty major issue when I started. I tried going out of the player's house and as soon as I did the game froze on me. I tried resetting multiple times and it didn't fix the issue.

Lance32497

Years
  • The game looks great but I encountered a pretty major issue when I started. I tried going out of the player's house and as soon as I did the game froze on me. I tried resetting multiple times and it didn't fix the issue.

That's strange. Are you using Visual Boy?

Others had played it without game freezes, not including using moves like Powder.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2018
    Hi!
    Any progress on next beta of this great hack

Hello! It's me Lance32497...
    uhm.. I didn't recover my previous account because I can't open the e-mail I used on that account anymore.

Anyways, the next beta is still on work. I'm currently fixing some bugs like the Bad Egg bug in 6th Box.

Sorry for the delays.

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen today
    No need to say sorry we are thankfull to all work you put in to this amazing hack just please dont give up...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back