• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Brilliant Diamond & Shining Pearl] Manaphy or Milotic?

Manaphy or Milotic?

• Manaphy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Milotic

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2022
    Hi I'm looking to some advice on which water type to use on my BDSP team!

I'm trying to build a decent team because once I beat the game my bf and I are going to do a Pokémon battle together and I'm trying to counter his team (we always get super into this). He has Gengar, Magmar, Torterra, Gyrados, Machamp, I don't remember the 6th

My team so far is Luxray, Houndoom, Drifblim, Roserade, Jirachi and Manaphy.

My original plan was to grind for Milotic but now I find myself really indecisive between Manaphy and Milotic. Can you guys help me choose?

Also open to suggestions to make my team better!

Years
  • get manaphy solely for tail glow. it raises manaphy's special attack ridiculously to the point where it can make short work of half your bf's team.

i like milotic but something to keep in mind is that it is a passive pokemon so it's not going to do a lot of damage, nor is it supposed to. its job is mostly to frustrate people with its defenses and stall out with recover. if you need a bulkier pokemon, then go for milotic (marvel scale is a really good ability when paired with something like flame orb), but otherwise i think manaphy might be worth it more.

JDragon921

THE gen 4 guy. or not. idk.
    Years
  • Manaphy is a straight up Mythical, automatically making it better in some ways. Its balanced yet high base stats give you the ability to use it for different roles. Colours has a point with tail glow. You should probably see what role your team needs though. Milotic is really good at being a bulky water that can do whatever it wants. It also has better abilities. A trained up Milotic with Flame Orb + Marvel Scale should be pretty much unkillable. Your bf's team seems to rely more on Physical power, making Marvel Scale that much more useful. On top of that, Scald is usually run with Milotic, giving burns for crippling enemies. I personally think you should run Milotic because of how useful it is because you already have a strong Special attacking team with you in Roserade and Houndoom. Every other mon except for arguably Luxray is also good with special attacking.

In any case, I'd recommend building a better team before picking either, because while it shines offensively, I don't see that much defensive presence to be able to switch into any of your bf's attacks for long. Most of your team also seems to be somewhat slow, either being just fast enough or middling in speed. It's very possible to lose even with 1-2 mythicals on your team. The lack of defense is more of a reason on why I'd say you should bring Milotic. Feebas isn't hard to get if you use the calculator. Milotic will have Marvel Scale if Feebas has Swift Swim, and Competitive if it has Oblivious. There's still a chance that you don't need to make any changes to your team and still win. Manaphy being a Mythical guarantees 3 perfect IVs, so that gives less worrying for good stats. Good luck tho, and have fun in that battle

Years
  • Hi I'm looking to some advice on which water type to use on my BDSP team!

I'm trying to build a decent team because once I beat the game my bf and I are going to do a Pokémon battle together and I'm trying to counter his team (we always get super into this). He has Gengar, Magmar, Torterra, Gyrados, Machamp, I don't remember the 6th

My team so far is Luxray, Houndoom, Drifblim, Roserade, Jirachi and Manaphy.

My original plan was to grind for Milotic but now I find myself really indecisive between Manaphy and Milotic. Can you guys help me choose?

Also open to suggestions to make my team better!

JDragon brings up very strong points for Milotic and I leaned in favor of it originally - even voted for it in the poll. But after realizing Manaphy has Tail Glow, I think I'll backtrack and suggest Manaphy here. For my needs/preferences at least, a mythical with a 3-stage Sp. Att boosting move is probably the better choice. It has a very solid moveset to pair with that boost too.

Hopefully you like whatever you ended up picking though. 👍

Back