• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guide: A Discussion on Mechanics

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
  • What are some mechanics in mafia that you find unclear or inconsistent? Are there any you'd like to discuss? This can be mechanics involving any technical aspect of mafia, such as role interactions and order of operations, how items work, and so on.

My goal is to create a guide discussing and explaining these mechanics, setting a standard for the UG that all GMs and players can refer to. I already have some things in mind, but I figured I'd open it up to see what questions people currently have.

Years
  • There's often confusion as to the order actions and kills go through, with what roleblockers can and can't block, what triggers passive roles like Loudmouth and how several roles (such as blockers) function when they interact with each other.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • +1 on the above, particularly on what triggers passive roles.

Also system messages for e.g. what's revealed when loudmouth is visited, when someone who's vested is hit by mafia kill, etc. Have seen inconsistencies with these which can be gamebreaking.

Also real/fake item priority - do fake items always take priority? Is it the most recently received one that takes priority?

Years
  • i'd like to discuss all of these in separate threads
    role priorities. apart from when they visit, do their actions always get priority or does it do a thing??
    also cONFUSING ROLE INTERACTIONS.

Back