• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to set up Pokeemerald Disassembly

Splosh96

Splosh
Years
  • Hi everyone, I've spent many hours trying to figure out how to set up the disassembly of Pokemon emerald.

I have followed the guide posted on these forums, to no avail.

. I have downloaded 'devkitARM'
    . I have downloaded the Pokemon ruby tools
    . I have Pory maps installed.
    . I have msys2, however there is no application for it, just batch files.

I do not know where to 'copy' the tools folder to my Emerald directory, as i don't know what an emerald directory is. If I did do this successfully I still don't know how to edit a game file on pory maps. I am very lost.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Splosh96

Splosh
    Years
  • Okay, maybe the above post is not clear.

I'm literally a beginner to Rom hacking. I've watched a ton of videos on advanced map - and then I heard about "disassembly".

The guide on this forum about setting up Pokémon emerald disassembly says this:

"Copy the tools/ folder over the tools/ folder in your pokeemerald directory."

If anyone could guide me on how to do this I'd be extremely grateful. :)

Years
  • Directory is a fancy name for a folder.

So this basically means get this tools folder, drag this into pokeemerald folder and copy it there. It's important NOT to delete the folder and copy yours, but copy yours into already existing one. It will ask you if you want to replace files with same names, you click yes.

Splosh96

Splosh
    Years
  • Thanks for your reply,

I don't have a Pokémon emerald folder, just a rom of the game.

Is it as simple as putting the Rom into a folder and then dragging the ruby tools in to that folder?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Thanks for your reply,

I don't have a Pokémon emerald folder, just a rom of the game.

Is it as simple as putting the Rom into a folder and then dragging the ruby tools in to that folder?
    You don't start with a ROM, you start with a folder containing the files and folders of Pokeemerald.
    I suggest you to read carefully the INSTALL.md document and then follow the steps explained there.

Splosh96

Splosh
    Years
  • Okay thanks for the help!

I did try to follow the: INSTALL.md.

However the steps before, like getting the Pokemon emerald dissassembly (as you've mentioned) weren't on it.

I'm just a complete beginner :/

Back