• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Collabrative Hail Stall Team (OU RMT)

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
I, Madskil72 and my friend Get Away From That Outlet, Pikachu! (we'll call him Bob) decided one day to make a team that would make everybody possible angry. The best way to go about doing that was stall. Particularly hail stall. Now neither I nor Bob normally use any kind of stall, so we were just kind of winging it. But this team has really done well nonetheless, but we decided to see if we could get some professional help *cough* D_A *cough* from the pokecommunity forums =P

This team went through so many replacements I'm not even gonna try and but the team building process. But after much blood, sweat, and exp shares, we ended up with this as the final result:

Spr_4p_460_m.png
Spr_4d_365.png
Spr_4p_473_m.png
Spr_4p_468.png
Spr_4p_478.png
Spr_4p_392.png

Now here's a more in depth look:
Spr_b_g4_460_m.png

Obama? (Abomasnow ♂)@Leftovers
Timid/Snow Warning
Atk:6/SpAtk:252/Spe:252
Substitute
Leech Seed
Blizzard
Focus Pawnch

This is really only here for the obvious reasons. Get up a hail storm and initiate the hail stall process. Usually just leech seed, or blizzard something, then switch out in case they have Ttar or Hippo. sometimes I can get a subseed/subpunch thing goin, but my main focus is to keep the hail up.

Spr_b_g4_365.png

Rein of Terror (Walrein ♂)@Leftovers
Bold/Ice Body
Hp:220/Def:240/Spe:50
Protect
Substitute
Toxic
Blizzard

Stallrein is mandatory on any attempt at a hail stall team, and this is no exception. Toxic, then stall it out like a beast. Leftovers and Ice body is a fantastic asset for stalling. Protect, then sub, rinse, lather, repeat and your opponent gets pretty pissed. Blizzard, for the 100% accuracy STAB pwning move.

Spr_b_g4_473_m.png

Swine Flu (Mamoswine ♂)@Life Orb
Naughty/Snow Cloak
Atk:244/SpAtk:66/Spe:200
Earthquake
Blizzard
Ice Shard
Stealth Rock

So we put on a Mixmamo for a couple reasons. Mostly we wanted a sweeper, but didn't have enough space for a physical and a special. But this helps with wall breaking to an extent. Earthquake and Blizzard are self explanatory. Ice Shard is just in case they're faster, and for finishing off weakened enemies. Stealth Rock may look out of place, but it fit for our team. We obviously needed rocks, but we had no one else to give it to, because of the last two slots issue. Usually gets sent in after they're first pokemon goes down, and set up rocks to catch them off guard.

Spr_b_g4_468.png

Good Luck (Togekiss ♀)@Leftovers
Calm/Serene Grace
Hp:252/Def:6/SpDef:252
Air Slash
Thunder Wave
Attract
Aura Sphere

Yup you saw right, Attract. This was what we decided would be our main annoyer. As if Paraflinch wasn't bad enough throw Attract into the mix, and people get angrah! Attract is for things that can't get Twaved, and It's basically confusion but it doesn't wear off until someone dies or switches. Leftovers is to counteract the hail damage, and Aura Sphere is for coverage, but because of the lack of healing, might be replaced for Roost =/

Spr_b_g4_478.png

Frigidy Frigid (Frosslass ♀) @Leftovers
Timid/Snow Cloak
Hp:248/Def:228/Spe:34
Substitute
Spikes
Blizzard
Protect

Okay, so this is the first of the last two slot delema we had when finalizing this team. We needed a spin blocker, a spiker, a spinner, and coverage. We didn't get the spinner, which is okay, but we got the spiker and spin blocker in one this time! (at one point we had forry and dusknoir, but dusk wasn't very good coverage =/) This does a pretty good job of stalling towards the end of the game, when they're all worn down and whatnot. Even without toxic, the hail chips away at they're health every turn. It's basically a watered down Stallrein (Haa! cuz walreins part water type and frosslass isn't! Bad Joke... T.T) Entry hazards are a necessity on any stall team = spikes + SR.

Spr_b_g4_392.png

Funky Monkey! (Infernape ♂) @Choice Scarf
Rash/Blaze
Atk:26/SpAtk:252/Spe:232
Fire Blast
Close Combat
Thunder Pawnch
Grass Knot

This is the last of the last two slot delema. Above all else, our number one priority was coverage. Scarf Ape covers all the major threats we needed covered. Fire Blast and Close combat for mixed STAB, and CC takes care of Ttar and Hetran among others. Tpunch is strictly for gyra, and Grass knot is for things like starmie or suicune. Scarfing ape makes it a great revenge killer, with lots of coverage. Like I said earlier, we had Dusknoir as our previous coverage, and it just didn't go well at all..

---

So yeah, that's the hail stall team that Bob and I made. Again, we wanted to be as annoying as possible, yet effective. Irreplaceble members include Abomasnow, Walrein, and Togekiss, however, we're willing to change the movepools and ev's and stuff if necessary. Other than that, please rate! any and all help is appreciated =)

Years
Steel, fighting, and especially rock really mess your team up. Because you don't have a rapid spinner, Stealth Rock will just completely cripple this team.

Mistyy

Amazing ceramist
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 1, 2011
Rock damage will hurt, the use of Togekiss here is not needed but attract + hail team can be annoying I guess. You should replace Toge with Tentacruel, who can poison, which can be equally as useful even more so. Plus Rapid Spin to keep most of you're Pokes away from Stealth Rock.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
Years
  • Age 32
  • NSFW
  • Seen Jun 18, 2019
I would replace Attract on Togekiss with Roost, so it can heal off Stealth Rock damage.

Also, you could consider a Heatran of some vairant over Ape, as Scizor pretty much rips through your whole team with relative ease, Infernape stops it, but its p frail, so it takes a hefty amount (~40% iirc) from a CB Bullet Punch. Heatran can switch into Scizor and force it out, outspeed it, and absorb obvious Fire-type moves for a Flash Fire boost, it can also switch into other Steel-type pokemon like Zone or Jirachi, Metagross etc with near impuity.

Years
Could you point out any Pokemon specifically? I mean you can't base the flaws of the team on it's weaknesses only, especially if we have the threats you're talking about covered, and instead of saying "you don't have a rapid spinner..." you could actually provide some constructive criticism to help us build this team...but trolling is cool too

Trolling?

People will set up stealth rock on this team, just like this team plans to set up stealth rock (via Mamoswine) on whoever it's facing. Problem: this team doesn't have a rapid spinner to clear the pesky rocks away, and even worse four of it's pokemon (Abomasnow, Walrien, Togekiss, Froslass) take double the damage for rock type moves. Meaning, anytime one of these four are switched in, the lose 25% of their HP before the other guy even attacks. Judging how you use the term "we", I assume you've had a hand in building this team, and thus you should be aware of this.

So, I find it pretty demeaning that you've accused me of trolling when I've pointed out a pretty glaring weakness, one that will cause this team all kinds of trouble in almost every match that it takes part in.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Yeah, tbh Human is right, any Stall team needs a Rapid Spinner, as well as a Toxic Spiker to wear down the opponent. Also, since StallRein takes 50% damage from SR + Spikes alone (+25% from making a Sub as well), Forretress with Gyro Ball or Earthquake/Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin/Payback might help you or a Tentacruel with Surf/Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin will help as well. Use it over Togekiss so you don't have four Rock weaks. It also helps Walrein stall out bulky opponents easily with Toxic damage. With T-Spikes in the mix, you could use Roar/Surf > Toxic on Walrein.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
Could you point out any Pokemon specifically? I mean you can't base the flaws of the team on it's weaknesses only, especially if we have the threats you're talking about covered, and instead of saying "you don't have a rapid spinner..." you could actually provide some constructive criticism to help us build this team...but trolling is cool too

How he he trolling ? He said he needs a spinner due to the SR weakness, that IS constructive as you can base decisions on that easily. And the "your team is weak to steel/rock" etc is FULLY justified in this case because is whole team is weak to those and it has like no resists..

Yeah, tbh Human is right, any Stall team needs a Rapid Spinner, as well as a Toxic Spiker to wear down the opponent. Also, since StallRein takes 50% damage from SR + Spikes alone (+25% from making a Sub as well), Forretress with Gyro Ball or Earthquake/Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin/Payback might help you or a Tentacruel with Surf/Sludge Bomb/Toxic Spikes/Rapid Spin will help as well. Use it over Togekiss so you don't have four Rock weaks. It also helps Walrein stall out bulky opponents easily with Toxic damage. With T-Spikes in the mix, you could use Roar/Surf > Toxic on Walrein.

You dont need Toxic Spikes on stall, they are just nice to have and benefit stallrein and other things, good but definitely not 100% needed..

Anyway, this team lacks a way to beat Mixape, Tyranitar, Lucario and a whole host of others. Every time Mence comes in you lose a poke thanks to you not having a steel type. Infernape just seems odd too and out of place. Mamoswine and Togekiss (especially this) are just dead weight and dont really help your aim which is stalling. You also need a spinner badly.

Pain Split >> Protect on Froslass. Its better for healing too.

Nidoqueen is very nice on hail stall, it beats Lucario, checks Tar (you need back up though) and absorbs Toxic Spikes which hit 5/6 of your team.

Though this really has alot of problems tbh.

madskil72

I don't really have mad skills
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2011
yeah we really do need a spinner =/
I was thinking Forry, so we could have SR and a spinner

Forretress@Leftovers
Relaxed/Sturdy
Hp:252/Atk:112/Def:146
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Gyro Ball
Explosion

this way, we could get rocks up easier, and we'd have a resist to things like outrage

and then instead of togekiss,

Nidoqueen@Leftovers
Relaxed/Poison Point
Hp:252/Def:216/Spe:40
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Blizzard
Thunderbolt

I'm not sure if we should put toxic spikes on the team, because of stallrein, but if you think we should let us know

Back