• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Do You Complete Field/Special Research?

Years
  • I've completed all the mythical Pokémon special research except Jirachi, which I'm currently doing (will finish 5/7 tomorrow today or tomorrow). 👍 Aldo the Spiritomb one from last year along with a few easy ones like TR invasion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    As far as Special Research goes, I have completed:

A Mythical Discovery
    A Ripple in Time
    Let's GO, Meltan
    Jump-Start Research
    A Troubling Situation

And I'm working on:

A Thousand-Year Slumber 5/7
    (Just need a couple more raids)

To the best of my knowledge, the only one I missed out on is A Spooky Message because I had quit playing for a while around that time.
    I'm really hoping it comes back this Halloween.

And for Field Research, I'm typically able to complete a Research Breakthrough once a week but I might miss a stamp every so often. Usually I'm able to finish three or so tasks a day though. And there's only three Stops along my route, so I can't really do more.

Years
  • I'm really bad at doing the Special Research stuff- I think I've maybe completed 2 of them? I'm good at keeping up with my field research and try to complete at least one every other day, but I rarely do any battles or raids, which is why a bunch of my Special Research tasks are half completed.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Onto the second-last stage of Jirachi's research (which is effectively the last one as it's basically just catching it afterwards), and I've beaten all the others.

I am lucky to have decent access to at least a couple stops at one of the places I work typically during the week, so I've mostly kept up with the 1-a-day for Field Research.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I have only completed A Troubling Situation and A Mythical Discovery so far.

For the Mew Research it took me a few months to find a Ditto before I finally found one hiding in a Venonat. By then I had enough Magikarp Candy to do the next part of the research.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    And for Field Research, I'm typically able to complete a Research Breakthrough once a week but I might miss a stamp every so often. Usually I'm able to finish three or so tasks a day though. And there's only three Stops along my route, so I can't really do more.
    Except somehow I forgot that winter is coming and it's already becoming a struggle to finish just one task a day, what with my phone hating the cold and me not being able to use it with gloves on anyway.

...is this why I quit playing last year and missed out on the Spiritomb research?

But for anyone looking to complete more Special Research, I'd recommend googling the tasks ahead of time because there are some that can be very frustrating if you've evolved certain pokemon already or some such.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I've completed all the special research up to this point minus the bought research.

For field research I like to complete the tasks for Gastly, Mankey, Machop, Bronzor, Electrike, Spinda and Spoink since I still need the shinies. I'll also do other tasks even though I don't need the shinies like Sableye, Onix, Sneasel, Scyther and Snorunt. I do the Vulpix task because I want a hundo. I actually got three hundos from research this week, 2 Bronzor and a Lileep.

Back