• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports The Football Discussion Thread!

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
9 does look very likely especially since right now it's 6-0 and not even an hour has passed yet but despite the Spain dominance there are 2 Spain midfielders who aren't playing very well at all. Mata and Cazorla have been let downs so far, their poor passing to be specific.

Edit: 7 now but glad to see Torres consoling the opposition keeper.

Last edited:

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
Well now I know how weird a double-digit score looks.

My jaw dropped when the ref called two minutes of injury time. Really?

YogiOne

Fantasy Dreamer
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2016
Glad to see the respect shown between the two teams though, looking back when I played schoolboy football and we beat a side by that sort of margin we would just laugh and walk off the field. Guess we were young and dumb.

Years
Unfortunate there -Lapras-, how much would you have won?

I think it was more due to the relative status of the two teams, if New Zealand beat them 10-0 which I assume happens every so often then they wouldn't care as their players aren't superstars. Obviously fair play is more of an adult thing in general though.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
Somewhere around £60.

Royston Drenthe joined Reading, kinda surprising. I wonder if it was the supposed attitude problems that put off bigger clubs.

Years
He spent half of last season without a club which would make it more understandable, but then it looks like he actually had a decent spell in the RPL so it is quite odd. I'd still think one Premiership club want him, I mean R.Madrid wanted him at some point, there must be some talent there.

Arron13

Calm, Relaxed, but Competative
Years
The U-20 World cup started today. unfortunately (for me) the U.S. was just stomped by Spain 4-1. Idk who all watched the game, but the American's attack looked amazing. We should of scored more goals, but the defense was horrid to say the least. it was painful to watch. My man of the match for the U.S. was Luis Gil, who plays at my MLS team Real Salt Lake. He scored the lone U.S. goal and created 2-3 other clear cut opportunities. Really stood out and was amazing the whole game.

What do you guys think about the U-20 world cup? Are you going to watch any?

Ivysaur

Years
I'm probably just going to watch the Spanish matches to go all "damn we are so good in all levels".

No, really, I will probably just watch the semis and final if we make it. Otherwise, I'm not too big on under tournaments. I just checked today's score twice, when we were 1-0 and 4-0 up, didn't even notice the US had scored later :\

Dreg

Done after the GT.
Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2016
David Silva ruining my night.

Referee ruining my night also. I put a couple on a 9-1 result when Tahiti should have been given a penalty. I know I'm slow, but a good win for Uruguay also.

Ivysaur

Years
ya it was hard to watch. horrid defense, but that spain player Deulofeu is a beast {D:}

Oh, certainly. He still plays for the Barça B in the Second Division, although it's just a matter of time before he's promoted to the main team. If he keeps his current form, he can become a really great forward, although it's still early to say for certain.

Years
Does Cuenca still get any game time for Barcelona? I remember him being absolutely atrocious, especially considering he was a Barcelona player.

Rumous are continuing that Higuain will join Arsenal, I'll be surprised when it happens that A) Arsenal are willing to spend that much money and B) No better clubs wanted Higuain.

Ivysaur

Years
He's been playing (4 games) for Ajax this year. Now that his time is up, he should be returning to Barcelona unless they decide to send him somewhere else this new season too.

Higuaín is terribly underrated I feel.

Years
I believe he's far better than Benzema so I'm unsure as to why R.Madrid are actually willing to sell him anyway. Knowing the club they'll probably just spend the same sum they get for Higuain on a new, lower quality striker.

He could become a big player for Arsenal not just in terms of the present either. With his quality, he could easily become a club legend.

Ivysaur

Years
Well Higuaín has been cursed for
a) being signed by Calderón, the president that led Madrid after Pérez left last time, and they apparently want to get rid of every player related to him- that's why Pérez sold Robben and Sneijder in a jaw-dropping move after returning back, and Higuaín is the last survivor from that era.
b) he's been accused of being too coward to play in big games, specially after he missed an empty-goal attempt against Lyon three years ago. Marca (the main Madrid sports newspaper) decided he wasn't fit for CL games that day and they have been repeating it every single day from then on, and it's caught on.

Years
Well despite the fact that neither reason is particularly good, at least it makes the situation a lot more understandable.

Courtois is sticking around at Atletico on loan for another season. Something tells me Chelsea don't really deserve him if they ever do replace Cech with him.

Back