• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Note: The first few chapters aren't edited. I have a few mistakes in them so please wait for me to post the edited versions.

History
    07/21/04
    Chapter 1 edited
    Chapter 2 edited
    Prologue added

Hello! It's Oni, your favorite Yellow obsessed PC member. Here's my second fanfiction. Don't worry. It's going to be a long one...so, enjoy!

Note: This takes place 15 years after the G/S/C chpaters of Pokemon:Special. Yes this is another Pokemon Special fanfic.
    Disclaimer: I don't own Pokemon nor Pokemon: Special. Pokemon Special is written by Hidenari Kusaka and illustrated of MATO (and later Satoshi Yamamoto).

Ties of Love and Friendship

Prologue:

When I was a kid, I used to ask my mom about my dad before I go to sleep. Every night, she would tell me about a trainer with my eyes. The same eyes that saw many battles and endured many hardships. I?d ask my mom what happened to him. But then, she just sang me to sleep. In my dreams, I?d see my father, smiling. I only saw his face once?in a photograph, with my mother, which was taken when they were young. That same face loomed in my dreams every night. The same sharp green eyes and messy dark brown hair?just like mine.

My name is Gary and I?m eleven years old. The day I woke up and became a trainer, my whole life has changed. Everything I knew ever since I was young turned out to be very different that I thought.

This long journey, which I started, was something that I didn?t expect. Along the way, I met friends, enemies, and answers to the very question about my father. Now begins my journey tied by love and friendship.

Chapter 1: New Beginnings

?Wake up, honey,? My mother?s voice rang inside my head ?You know what day it is today, huh, Gary??

I sat up my bed, pushing away the covers slowly and rubbed my eyes. I tried to remember what day it is. Yesterday was my eleventh birthday. Every trainer in town either stays home or leaves home to start their training. My mother was sitting next to me wearing her usual house wear and an apron.

I was in my blue-checkered pajamas when I replied, ?Mom, I think I want to start my training,?

?Gary,? My mother said as she hugged me. ?I?m so proud of you.?

I rubbed my eyes again as she released me from her embrace.

?Now, if you?re ready, I?ll be downstairs.? She said as she turned. Her long yellow hair flowed behind her.

I quickly stood up and dressed quickly. I went to my bathroom, washed my face and brushed my teeth. Today, I?m going to start my Pok?mon training. Soon, I was dressed with my favorite pair of jeans and boots. I wore my long sleeved purple sweater and I combed my hair in my own style; like my dad?s messy, matted hair. I quickly came down the stairs to meet my mom in the kitchen.

I could smell the sweet aroma of breakfast as I descended down the stairs quickly. As I entered the kitchen, my mother stood there to meet me. She let out one small sigh and embraced me.

?Mom,? I muttered in an annoyed voice. ?Don?t worry, I?ll just be fine.? I then noticed tears coming out of her eyes. ?Mom??

She suddenly released me and wiped her tears off with her apron. ?Sorry,? she said with small sobs. ?You just remind me of your father.? Her voice was cracked and chocked.

?Mom,? I began but she quickly interrupted me.

?No, It?s ok.? She replied in her own voice. ?Breakfast?s ready.?

I looked at her face again, to see her dried tears from her sparkling eyes. I felt very stupid inside denying her love.

~*~*~*~

?Now, be nice to the professor,? My mom said as she straightened my shirt.

?I know mom,? I replied in a very frustrated voice. ?That?s the third time you said me.?

I glanced behind her to see Chuchu, Mom?s Pikachu sleeping lazily in front of the porch. She yawned once then continued sleeping.

?Now, if the Pok?mon looks cool or cute doesn?t mean it?s the right choice, ok?? She said in her lecture voice. She then led me to the door. ?Now, are you sure you have everything??

?Yes, mom, everything?s here.? I was already outside of the doorstep when she stopped me.

?Gary,? She came running to me. ?I want you to have this.? She then handed me some sort of medallion. It was faded and cracked around the edges. I couldn?t make up the colors of the medallion. ?Your father used to wear this when I met him. I?m sure it will help you someday,?

I took the pendant from her hands. ?Thanks, mom.? I said as I hugged her one last time. This was the only part of my father that was close to me.

?It?s okay,? she whispered. ?I know this is hard for me, but I know your father will be proud.? Tears began to flow from her eyes once again.

?Mom, I promise I?ll make you proud.? I said within her tight embrace. She kissed me one last time and waved me goodbye. Deep inside me, I was going to cry. I?m going to miss my mom. I know how she feels every night; I slip away from her grasp.

~*~*~*~

We live in Pallet town, the town where my dad and great-grandfather used to live. Everyone told me that my father used to be the gym leader of Viridian city and my great-grandfather was a well-known scientist. I never remembered seeing my great-grandfather. I guess I was too young.

I walked tirelessly to my great-grandfather?s lab in the outskirts of Pallet town. My aunt and my grandfather?s aid replaced him and continued on his research. I used to go there many times when I was small. My mom and me held hands together as we looked at different Pok?mon in the fields and their habitats. Now, I?m going here one last time to begin my journey.

I knocked at the wooden door twice and waited patiently. Finally, the door opened and there stood my aunt. She was quite tall and beautiful with her long dark brown hair. Her long, white lab coat reached up to her knees. She was wearing a green shirt and jeans inside. My aunt greeted me with a smile that looked similar to my dad?s.

?Come on in, Gary,? she said as she led me into the laboratory.

The walls were filled with many books and graphs. Almost all of the heavy books and graphs were written and made by my great-grandfather. I noticed portraits of my great-grandfather, aunt and my father in one desk.

?My, Gary, is that you?? The professor was behind a stack of papers when he noticed me. He stood up and approached us. ?Look how tall you have grown.?

?Thanks,? I said, a bit blushing.

?Now,? he began. ?So you went here to choose your first Pok?mon eh?? he said.

?Yes, professor.? I replied in a firm voice.

?Okay, follow me.?

My aunt left us as the professor led me to a room where machines were quiet and the wall was painted white. Three Pok?balls are sitting at a table.

?Now,? The Professor began. ?These Pok?balls contain three different Pok?mon. If you choose very wisely, your Pok?mon may win you many battles.? He then let out the three Pok?mon all at once.

The professor threw the three Pok?balls at the same time. The red and white spheres exploded in mid air and out from the smoke, three forms emerged. One green Pok?mon stood on all fours and had a bulb on its back. It wagged its small tail as it looked curiously around the room. The other one was blue turtle Pok?mon with a shell behind its back. It bobbed its head up and down as it looked back at the Professor with an uneasy gaze. The third Pok?mon, was a red lizard Pok?mon with a long tail ending in a flame. It looked at me with utmost curiosity with its docile eyes. It then yawned and approached me. I kneeled down as I patted the Pok?mon?s head, which was full of short, soft, warm fur.

?You seem to like Charmander eh?? said the professor.

?Yeah,? I said as I laughed while picking up the Charmander.

?Gary,? The Professor began. ?Has your mother told you what was your father?s first Pok?mon??

?No professor,? I responded ?Why??

The professor laughed as he kneeled down, examining the Charmander. ?It?s quite a coincidence since Charmander was your father?s first pick.?

~*~*~*~

?Gary, this is a Pok?dex,? The professor then handed me a red, rectangular, plastic book. I pressed a button and it opened. Buttons filled up most of the space alongside with a small monitor screen in the center.

?Your father and his friends had one of these.? He said smiling. ?They used one of the old versions of the Pok?dex to record all the Pok?mon in the world. I know you know a lot of Pok?mon but?I think it?s best that you always have this incase, okay??

I was about to argue that I?m not a kid who doesn?t know a thing about Pok?mon but I stopped myself and just smiled. ?Thanks, professor,?

To Be Continued...

Last edited:
    Years
  • Updated 4 times...

Chapter 2: Vivid Memories

I waved goodbye to my aunt and the professor. I may return here someday laughing and watching the Pok?mon roam freely. But now, I?m already walking to the next city. Long grass covered my path. As well as trees that gave me shade for every step I take. After a few minutes? walk, I saw a glimpse of houses in the horizon. Then, there came tall skyscrapers next. I came running down the meadows to go to my first destination, Viridian City. I didn?t care if my feet hurt, all I just want to know if my father was there, waiting for me. I was too stupid to notice a trainer walking by.

?Hey!? I crashed into a girl with short dark hair and dark brown eyes. She looked quite older than me. ?Watch where you?re going, kid!? She yelled.

?Sorry, but I have to go,? I said as I stood up.

?You?re not going anywhere,? She shouted, suddenly dragging me by my shirt.

?Hey,? I resisted. ?Stop it!?

?What you need to know is to learn some manners.? She said as she kept dragging me.

After a few minutes of resistance, I know it?s very foolish to fight back since it?s obvious she?s a lot stronger. She stopped by a large building with big bold letters that said: ?GYM.?

?Why are you taking me here?? I yelled as she pushed me inside.

?Keep walking,? She said, now in a much cooler voice. ?Hallway to the left.?

I followed her instructions, as I turned left. And there I was in a beautifully decorated hallway full of pictures from side to side. There were pictures of people I haven?t seen before. The pictures were huge, occupying an enormous amount of space. Under the pictures, there were bronze plaques with names and numbers written as years.

?Where are we?? I asked her as she released me from her grasp.

?Hall of Gym Leaders,? She replied. ?You look very familiar so I have to drag you here to see for yourself.?

?Huh?? Bewilderment pervaded me.

?Look!? She pointed to a picture that I immediately recognized as my father. ?You look a lot like Green.?

I stared at the picture. There was something different to this picture than the picture I kept inside me. For instance, my father in that picture looked a bit stern looking than what I knew in the picture that I have kept. I always thought that he was supposed to be a kind person. The sharp eyes of my father?s portrait glared back at me as I continued to stare.

?H?he?s my father,? I stammered.

?Really?? Yelled the girl in an almost hysterical way. ?I can?t believe it! No wonder!? she then shook my hand.

?The name?s Lynn, current gym leader of Viridian City.? She said with a toothy smile.

?Um?Gary,? I replied, lost in words. ?Nice to meet you.?

~*~*~*~

?Seven years after your father became Gym leader, he resigned.? Lyn said as we walked across the empty corridor. ?Making him the youngest Gym Leader and Gym Leader with the shortest term in Viridian city?s history?

?Lyn,? I insisted on impatiently. ?What can you tell me of my dad??

She looked at me bewildered. ?Well, first of all, he doesn?t like going to this gym and he likes to go around a lot.?

For me, that was a dead end. I know my father was much more than that.

?So,? She began. ?You said that you?re starting your training??

?Yeah,? I replied with eagerness while nodding me head.

?How about a practice battle??

~*~*~*~

I was lead into the stadium. Lights glared brightly at me as I nervously took out my Pok?ball containing my Charmander. I stood in one end of the battlefield while Lyn stood on one end.

?So you?re a beginner, eh?? Lyn began. ?I?ll use this Pok?mon then. Go, Houndour!?

I trembled, as she sent out a dog Pok?mon with what seems to be a miniature skull imbedded in its forehead. Bones seem to surround its black body. Its piercing glare sent shivers through my spine.

I gathered all of my courage and threw my Pok?ball. ?Go, Charmander!? I yelled.

Charmander emerged from his Pok?ball and first stared at me then at Lyn and her Houndour.

?Nice choice,? Lyn said with an irritating voice. ?I?ll let you go for the first move.?

I nodded once. I tried to remember Charmander?s attacks. ?Charmander, use scratch!? I commanded.

My Charmander growled and ran towards the Houndour. It swung its claws attempting to graze the Houndour. The hit connected and Houndour jumped backward once.

?Houndour, Mean Look!?

Houndour glared at my Charmander. Unexpectedly, everything turned dark. I saw nothing except the Houndour?s eyes. Pairs of eyes appeared around me. Different sets of eyes that stared at me. I couldn?t breathe; I fell to my knees grasping my throat. I felt a cold chill surround me. Cold sweat trickled down my face.

?Is this dying?? I asked myself.

?Gary!? A voice echoed around me. I tried to respond but my breath held me back. ?Gary!? This time, the voice was louder. The darkness disappeared and I was back in the gym. I was breathing hard. As I raised my head, I saw Lyn with a concerned look. Charmander and Houndour were staring at me.

?I?m so sorry!? she said. ?I didn?t know Mean Look could affect humans.?

I tried to catch my breath. Every vain in my head throbbed rapidly. My heart pounded uncontrollably. Before I can speak, doors of the gym slammed open.

?Okay,? shouted a female voice. ?Who?s the Gym Leader here?? her arrogant voice resounded through the whole gym. I looked over to the entrance and saw a sandy blond haired girl. Her face, filled with freckles, showed a smiling face with glaring eyes. She wore a dark red jacket and an untidy white shirt under it. She had faded jeans that seem to be too big for her.

?Michelle,? Said a voice behind her. ?I don?t think this is the first gym.? The other voice came from a boy. He looked a lot like the girl and even dressed like her, except that he wore a dark shirt instead of a white shirt; they must be twins.

?Who cares,? She said with her arrogant voice. ?I want a challenge instead of walking around with you!?

?We still have a lot to go,? argued the boy.

?I?ll be back,? Lyn said as she moved swiftly towards the girl.

?I?m here for a challenge!? yelled Michelle.

Lyn smirked as she folded her arms. ?Let me see your badges.?

?Badges?? Michelle muttered with a bewildered look.

?Yeah, you need seven to challenge me officially.? Lyn replied. ?Rules, you see.?

?I told you!? said the boy from behind Michelle. He was pointing finger at her.

?Shut up, Nick!? Michelle retorted.

?But you can have a practice battle if you want.? Lyn continued before Michelle could turn violent on Nick.

?Awesome!? Michelle yelled as she released Nick?s red jacket.

~*~*~*~

I sat down with Nick on a bench near Lyn during the battle.

?Are you sure you can sit up, Gary?? She asked reassuringly.

?I?m just fine.? I replied with a smile.

?Hey!? Michelle yelled, pointing at Lyn. ?Are we going to battle or what??

?I?m sorry, but she?s a bit impatient.? Nick said to Lyn as he scratched his sandy blonde hair. ?She?s always like that??

?It?s all fine by me,? Lyn replied with a smile. ?You go for the first move!?

?Awesome!? Michelle said as she gripped her fist. ?Go, Squirtle!?

She released a blue Pok?mon, which I recognized was the same one from the laboratory. It bobbed its round head up and down.

?Good choice,? Lyn sighed. ?Go, Houndour!?

Michelle?s smile widened. ?Fire?s weak against water you know. Some gym leader you are.?

?Just attack.? Lyn mumbled irritably.

?Squirtle, water gun!? Michelle yelled all of the sudden.

Squirtle shot out a small blast of water from its mouth and towards Houndour. Houndour evaded the attack by a blink of an eye. Its agility was pretty impressive in comparison to its level.

?Squirtle, keep firing!? Squirtle sent out many blasts of water to Houndour but each attack missed. Then I noticed a pattern. Houndour circled Squirtle with every attack. As it circled, it closed it one step at a time.

?C?mon Squirtle!? Yelled Michelle. My heart throbbed with excitement as Houndour closed in. Doesn?t Michelle notice? I felt a very strong urge to attack. But patience overwhelmed me. Michelle?s Squirtle was now very exhausted. I noticed its power of the water gun weakening.

?Houndour, finish it of with take down!? Lyn commanded.

A rush of satisfaction went through me as Houndour lunged at Squirtle knocking it out. Michelle was appalled.

?How did that happen?? She yelled. ?Squirtle, return!? Squirtle was immediately retuned and the Pok?ball bounced back into Michelle?s hand. She stormed towards Lyn with a very irritated face.

?You said your Houndour?s weaker.? Michelle yelled as she tried to match Lyn?s height.

?Look, you had your practice battle, so scram!? Lyn said.

?Okay, you heard her Michelle,? Nick said as she dragged his sister out of the gym.

?Listen you,? She said pointing to Lyn. ?I?ll be stronger, just you wait!? She screamed as she was dragged away from the Gym.

~*~*~*~

?Hey Gary, I want you to be strong so that you don?t have bore me like that girl, okay?? Lyn said as she waved.

?Don?t worry, I will!? I yelled and waved back.

I walked down the road to the outskirts of the city. Much of the outskirts are mountains and trees. A vast forest seems to loom ahead in the horizon. As I walked, something caught my eye. I looked to my right and atop of a tall hill, two dark hooded figures looked down at me. I sensed something mysterious within the dark figures. Something evil. With a blink of an eye, they disappeared. I tried to ignore the eerie sight as I walked. Do these people know my father?

To Be Continued

Comments? Critisicms?

Last edited:

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • Why isn't there any mention fo Red???

I need to know something about him, argh, you going to do Mangaspecial shipping and also Chosen shipping might fit in Kanto...

so it will be Ash eh? and for Blue?? maybe erm... ga, I'm stuck... *runs off*

Years
  • Thanks for the reviews guys. ^_^;; Don't wory Omega, Red is in here. XD

Chapter 3: Shadows of Fate

Walking alone has a more different feeling than I imagined. I felt alone and scared on my own. But I?ve gone a long way already. I?m not going to give up easily. Viridian Forest loomed ahead of me. The dark trees that loomed menacingly stared down at me. I gathered up my courage and entered the trees. I may encounter wild Pokemon here, so I better be ready.

?Come on out, Charmander.?

I felt confidence inside me as my Pokemon came out.

?Char!? It responded.

?We?re going to catch some Pokemon,? I said to it.

?Charmander!? It replied with eagerness. I felt much braver as I walked deeper and deeper into the forest with my Pokemon.

I heard a rustle in the bushes nearby. My Charmander was thinking the same as it readied for in attack position. But the rustling stopped. I felt an icy wind blow across my neck. It sent me chills through my spine. I looked back expecting to see something but found nothing.

?Let?s looks closer,? I said to my Charmander.

He nodded once and followed me as I walked near the shrubs. Every step I take, I hear the crushing of dead leaves under my feet. The wind blew once more and rustled the leaves of the trees. As I went near the bush, I heard a droning noise. The sound of multitude of wings flapping came closer and closer. I looked back and saw a Pidgey flying away. After the Pidgey came two Beedrills closely in pursuit. I ducked at once to avoid the assault. The three of them passed me swiftly as I looked around again.

?Let?s help Charmander,? I commanded ?Ember!?

Charmander let out a yell and fired multiple red specks of fire. The attack hit both Beedrills. But it didn?t faze both of them one bit. They ignored their prey and focused their attention on my Charmander and me. At once, they charged towards us with their barbs pointing at us. I didn?t hesitate to grab my Charmander as the two chased us down. I ran as fast as I could but they gained at us inch by inch. I can hear my pulse beating in my ears as I ran as fast as I can. I closed my eyes almost accepting my fate and tripped over a tree root. I hugged my Charmander close to me and closed my eyes.

?Ice Beam!? Commanded a loud voice behind me.

At once, the droning noise ceased. I looked up and saw both Beedrills frozen. I looked back and saw a man with a dark hood. His long red hair was tied and let was left hanging outside of his hood. Behind the shadows of his face, I noticed two piercing silver eyes that looked down at me. Behind him, a blue-green Pokemon with sharp teeth stood with dark eyes. He let out his hand at me as if trying to help me stand up.

?Thanks,? I said as I took his hand and stood up.

But immediately, he turned around, returning his Pokemon. He then began walking away.

?Wait,? I called out. ?Who are you??

?None of your business,? It was different voice this time. It was a cold young voice that seems to stop me in my tracks.

He jumped once and disappeared from my sight.

?Hold on!? I yelled. But everything that was left was my voice that echoed into the void.

~*~*~*~

I walked back where I started with my Charmander with a concerned look. I kept thinking of the hooded man. Was he one of the men looking down at me outside of Viridian City? I finally remembered my motive before the incident. I looked back at the bushes that were torn down by the assault and noticed something. The ground was spattered with blood all around me and led to a body. I remembered the Pidgey that was chased by the Beedrills. I lifted the limp body and noticed that it was still breathing.

?Got to find something,? I told myself as I took down my backpack. I tried to search for medicine but instead found bandages.

I wrapped bandages around the Pidgey?s bleeding wings. I was desperate as I felt the warm blood trickle across my palms. I started to panic when my hands started to glow. I then noticed the Pidgey?s wings being mended slowly. All the blood began to disappear and what were left were ruffled feathers. The Pidgey opened its eyes and looked at me astonished. It hoped across my hands and flew up and landed in my shoulder.

?I guess you?re pretty grateful huh?? I laughed. The Pidgey let out a shrill cry as it ruffled its feathers.

?Char-man-der!? My Charmander growled trying to get some attention. I patted his head and noticed bloodstains on my hands.

I couldn?t understand. Did I actually heal this Pidgey?

~*~*~*~

After meandering through the forest for two days, I realized something.

?Face it, I?m lost,? I cried out loud as I sat down.

?Face it, we?re lost,? echoed a familiar voice. ?Hey, did someone just??

I followed the voice and I was right. Nick and Michelle, the two trainers I met before in Viridian Gym were standing in a clearing arguing.

?Well, we couldn?t be lost if it wouldn?t be your crappy instincts!? Nick yelled as he pointed at Michelle.

?No way!? Michelle yelled back. ?You were the one with the map upside down!?

?You said to go right when I said left!?

?It?s supposed to be right except when you said to go straight when we?re supposed to left!?

?But it?s supposed to be right you idiot!?

?Excuse me,? I butted in. ?But I?m lost too.? I said with a smile.

?Great, more people to yell at.? Michelle mumbled.

?No, no, no,? I hesitated. ?I want to help you guys or something.?

?Hey I remember you,? Nick said in his calm voice. ?You?re the guy from the gym.?

?What?? Michelle growled, ?He?s from that stupid gym huh??

?No it?s ok, I?m just there for a visit.? I tried to calm down the agitated Michelle.

?You can join us,? Smiled Nick

?You get to scram.? Michelle mumbled.

?So,? Nick began stretching out an arm. ?My name is??

?Nick and Michelle. I know.? I quickly replied.

?And you?re,?

?Gary? I replied.

?Nice to meet you,? He shook my hand.

I looked at Michelle but she had her arms crossed losing interest.

?Can we go now?? She drawled.

?Ok, ok? Nick sighed. ?Onwards.?

~*~*~*~

?Can we stop?? Michelle said in her frustrated voice.

?It?s going to be the fourth time if we do,? replied Nick not even bothering to look back.

?My feet hurt,? Michelle, added.

Nick let out a frustrated sigh. The scraping of Michelle?s shoes across the rocky ground irritated me. Every step she takes is like long fingernails scrapping across a chalkboard.

?I think we should rest, Nick.? I said trying to ignore the scraping feet.

?Oh, ok? Nick sighed. ?But just for a few minutes.?

Michelle fell down and started to complain why we should be out of the forest by now. Sitting down, I tried to keep my focus while Michelle kept talking out loud. A headache started to grow in me. My head throbbed as blood passed veins in my head. I looked around feeling dizzy; everything was out of focus. A cold wind blew through the trees. Leaves rustled and fell as the wind blew?

?Come?to me,? hissed a voice.

I looked back at Nick and Michelle. Both of them are arguing and yelling at each other.

?Come,? Repeated the voice. It sounded cold and dry.

I felt myself standing and walking towards the shadows of the forest.

?Yes, yes,? chanted the voice. ?Yes, come to me.?

I could not control myself as I tried to yell.

?Gary?? Yelled Nick. ?Where are you going??

I kept walking without looking back. My fists are clenched as I kept walking into the void. I could see a face?no a mask. A white mask was floating in the darkness staring at me with its evil grin fixed at me.

?Yes,? It whispered. ?You?are mine!? it suddenly yelled.

?Now!? Yelled a voice.

A dark figure came out of nowhere kicked the mask. An ear splitting shriek was heard once the kick connected. The trees started to shake and leaves began to fall.

?Now, Toshin!? The figure yelled.

Another dark figure came and grabbed me by my arm. His dark heavy cloak weighed down on me as he started to run.

?Run!? said the man grabbing my arm. At that moment, I ran as fast as I can.

?Gary!? I heard nick and Michelle running after me.

?Friends, eh?? mumbled the man. I looked at the man and his hood was down. I noticed something odd about him. His long dark hair flowing with the wind along with a pierced ear with what seems to be a tooth hanging. A red tattoo with an intricate pattern I?ve never seen was in his left cheek. He then abruptly stopped when we reached the edge of the forest.

?Gary,? Nick gasped as he caught up. Michelle was trailing behind him gasping for air and trying to stand up.

?Who are you?? I asked the man.

He looked at me once with his dark eyes and smiled.

?It?s been like yesterday when I last saw you,? He replied.

A shriek was heard deep in the forest.

?Silver,? The man whispered with a concerned tone.

He began to run back but I halted him.

?Who are you?? I asked once more.

?Toshin,? He said ?Toshin Heihshiro.? He didn?t hesitate to look back at me as he ran back into the forest.

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Very cool chapter!

Its cool that he used healing on the Pidgey. The trait moves on^^

so did he get that Pidgey?

so Silver is Toshin?

Years
  • *tweeks orignial draft a bit*

That confuses the readers bit... Yeah he got the Pidgey. Toshin is different from Silver. Silver was the one who kicked whatever-it-was. ^^

Years
  • Chapter 4: Requiem

?So,? Began Nick. ?Have you met that guy before??

?No,? I replied. ?Haven?t seen him before.?

?Are you sure? He said he?s seen you before.?

?I?m positive I?ve never met him before.?

?What are you two blabbering about?? Michelle arrogantly said disrupting our conversation. ?You two go along so well, you leave me all alone here.?

?Sorry, sis.? Nick said. ?I?m just curious about that guy we met at the woods.?

?Who cares about him?? She yelled.

?He said his name was Toshin,? I said quietly trying to remember. ?Toshin Heihshiro.?

~*~*~*~

The sun was setting already and we haven?t reached Pewter City yet. The clouds began to form shadows in the sky and the trees cast long shadows over us. The trail seems to go endlessly. The red rays of the sun glared ominously at us as if it proclaimed an ill omen.

?I think we better stop for the day,? Nick said as I pried my eyes off the setting sun.

?Finally!? Michelle sighed.

We set our backpacks down as Nick started the fire from gathered firewood. Everything was so peaceful as darkness enveloped around us. A few hoots and chirps were heard in the darkness. I looked at both Michelle and Nick. Nick was cooking while Michelle seems to be sleeping.

?You know how to cook?? I asked him.

?Well, my dad actually taught me how to cook.? He replied with an embarrassed smile.

I sighed once and looked down.

?Is there something wrong?? He said with a doubtful voice.

?Nothing,? I said wiping of tears behind my eyes. ?I just never met my father.?

?Oh, sorry.? He apologized.

I pulled out the amulet my mother gave me and looked at it. The faded metal surface reflected the fires embers as they floated across the night. I sighed once more as I placed it around my neck.

?Soup?? Nick said as he handed me a bowl full of vegetables and bits of meat.

I accepted the soup and began eating it wholeheartedly. Maybe I can see my father someday?someday.

~*~*~*~

I gazed at the sky inside my sleeping bag. Nick and Michelle are already asleep and everything was quiet except for the soft crackling sounds of the smoldering fire. I closed my eyes thinking about my mother and thought how sad she would be this time without me. The wind blew and carried the embers with it across the sky. I sighed again as I opened my eyes. I wonder what was my father like?

~*~*~*~

?Rise and shine everyone!? I heard Nick call out.

I heard a soft mumble beside me. It must?ve been Michelle.

?C?mon everybody, it?s a new day!? Said Nick as he packed up his belongings. The clanging of spoons and bowls forced me to sit up. I rubbed my eyes and looked around. Michelle was drooling next to me with her sandy hair messy and pointing everywhere.

?Wake up, Michelle,? Nick said shaking her.

?Shut up,? Michelle mumbled. ?Trying to sleep.?

Nick sighed.

?It might be afternoon once she wakes up.? Nick said to me.

?That?s fine, I?ll be waiting for you guys,? I said trying to tidy my hair.

?Thanks,? Smiled nick. ?I think there?s a river on the far side. Maybe you can freshen up a bit there.?

?Thanks,? I replied as I wore my boots. ?I?ll be back in a few minutes.?

~*~*~*~

I followed Nick?s direction and found myself in front of a clear river near the edge of the forest. I remembered the incident yesterday. I pictured in my mind the mysterious floating mask and its eerie smile. Then I remembered the two men that saved us.

I washed my face with cool water and took out my Pokemon.

?Charmander!? He cried out taking a drink of water cautious not to accidentally dip its tail in the water.

My Pidgey flew up high and sat on my shoulder ruffling my feathers and cooing. I looked at its wound trying to make sure that its fine but I never saw a trace or scars. It hoped down and took a drink of water.

?It was impressive of you to heal that Pidgey,? said a voice behind me.

I looked back and saw Toshin standing tall near the scattered trees.

?You,? I began but he was the first to question me.

?Was that the first time you did that?? He asked.

?Y-yeah,? I stammered. ?I think.?

?Have you ever heard of the Legend of the Spirit of the Viridian Forest?? he said walking towards me and sitting besides me.

?No,? I replied. ?What is it??

?You see,? he began. ?Once in every few years, the Viridian Forest Spirit blesses a baby born in a special circumstance and gives that baby its powers.?

?Are you telling me that, I?m that baby?? I replied bewildered.

?Maybe,? he said gazing at the flowing river. ?You know, there are only two other people with your powers.?

I looked at him with disbelief.

?Do you know who they are?? He asked me.

?No,? I replied.

My Charmander sat beside me staring at me and at the mysterious person; My Pidgey was back on my shoulder cooing and resting.

He sighed and closed his eyes.

?You see,? He began. ?Your mother also has your powers, she was one of the children chosen by the forest spirit.?

?M-my mom?? I stammered. ?How did you know about my mom??

?I met her,? He continued. ?Long time ago. I met your father too.?

?You met him?? I said standing up. ?Can you tell me about him??

?I?m sorry,? Toshin replied ?But you have to find out about him on your own.?

Toshin stood up without hesitating and began to leave.

?Wait!? I yelled.

?What is it, Gary?? He asked.

?There?s so many I wanted to ask you?like, how did you know my name??

He smiled at me.

?Gary, if you ever reach Cerulean city, try visiting the cape north of there.? He then leaped and disappeared.

~*~*~*~

?So, what took you so long?? Nick asked as he swallowed his nearly burnt toast.

I tried to tell him that I met Toshin again but something keeps holding me back.

?I had trouble finding the river that?s all.? I lied.

?You musht haf a pur shenshe ov direction,? Michelle said with a mouth full of toast.

?Michelle, don?t talk with your mouth full!? Nick said eying his sister.

?I hate it when you act like mom,? She said after gulping down a glass of water.

?Well you have bad manners in the first place!? Nick began.

?Well I??

?Guys, guys!? I said halting them both. ?Do you always have to fight every ten minutes??

?You?re right,? Nick said. ?Sorry.?

?Hah! Loser!? Michelle yelled sticking out her tongue.

To Be Continued

Last edited:
    Years
  • Chapter 5: Unlikely Friendship

?That?s it!? Yelled Michelle. She turned around and grabbed me by my shirt.

?Hey!? I yelled as she slammed me across a nearby tree.

?Look, buster, we?ve been walking around for hours and I can?t see the stupid city. Make a quick decision!? She yelled pointing at the road a head of us. The road was split in two and the signs were torn and broken.

?Well, I ?? I began.

?Shut up or battle!? She said taking out a Pokeball.

?Michelle, you shouldn?t be ? ? Nick began behind her.

?You shut up too!? She interrupted. ?So what?s it going to be, huh?? She said as she tightened her fists.

~*~*~*~

?Michelle, you?re going to regret this.? I said taking out my Pokeball.

?I agree with him, Michelle.? Nick said with his arms crossed.

He sat near his sister looking down sighing.
    ?Just shut up.? Michelle retorted.

The battlefield was set near the road. The long grass swayed as the wind blew and large smooth white rocks were scattered across the plains.

?Two on two?? I asked.

?That?s fine.? She said as she took out two Pokeballs.

?Wait,? I hesitated. ?You want to battle two at a time??

?Yeah, you scared?? She taunted.

?No!? I yelled trying to act calm.

I actually don?t know how to battle two against two. This will be my first try.

?Ok,? I said taking out my second Pokeball. ?Go, Pidgey and Charmander!?

Pidgey came out ruffling its feathers and soaring high up above then landing on one of the rocks while cooing. Charmander wagged its tail avoiding the grass and trying not to burn it. He ended up standing in one of the rocks in the field.

?Nice choice,? Michelle said with a mocking smile. ?Come out, Linus, Ursula!?

Her Squirtle came out with a nasty glare ready to battle. It leapt up to a rock facing my Charmander. Then came out her next Pokemon. It wagged its tail and stretched to let out it spiked fur.

?Meet Ursula the Squirtle and Linus the ? ?

?What?s that?? I interrupted while taking out my Pokedex.

?Zigzagoon. Raccoon Pokemon. These Pokemon have fur specially designed for survival. They can raise the needles inside their furs and fire them in rapid succession.?

I read the pixilated text next to a moving picture of what seems to be an adult Zigzagoon.

?Oh please,? sighed Michelle in an impatient voice. ?Those are pretty common in the Hoenn Region. Haven?t you been there??

?Well, not actually.? I replied.

?Squirtle!? Growled Ursula as it glared at my Charmander.

My Charmander looked back with a menacing glare then growled too. Pidgey doesn?t seem to bother looking at Linus as it picked up bugs from the rock.

?Let?s get the battle going!? Michelle yelled. ?Ursula, water gun Charmander. Linus, pin missile Pidgey!?

Ursula sent out a blast of water from its mouth towards Charmander while Linus turned around and fired glowing spikes from its fur.

?Charmander, Dodge it!? I yelled.

Charmander leapt down the rock and dodged the water but I failed to command Pidgey. I heard a short cry of pain towards my left. Pidgey was receiving hard blows from the oncoming barrage of needles.

?Charmander, ember on Linus!? I commanded.

Charmander leapt on top of the rock and fired dozens of orange flames. The attacked hit Linus in multiple directions.

?Pidgey, are you ok?? I yelled.

Pidgey let out an annoyed pitch while shaking off tangled needles from its feathers.

?Ursula, Water gun Charmander!? Michelle commanded.

?No way!? I yelled as Ursula?s attack connected and slammed Charmander into a rock.

?Linus, finish off Charmander with fury swipes!?

?Pidgey, quick attack!?

Linus started to charge at Charmander until he was rammed down and dragged by Pidgey.

?What? Not fair!? Shouted Michelle. ?Ursula, Water Gun Charmander!?

?Charmander, dodge it! Pidgey, Quick attack Ursula!?

Charmander was able to get up and run away from Ursula?s water gun.

?Squirt!? Yelled Ursula as Pidgey crashed into her from behind.

?C?mon Gary! You can beat her!? Nick cheered from behind. He abruptly stopped when Michelle glared at him menacingly.

?Linus, Pin Missile Pidgey. Ursula, withdraw! ?

?Pidgey, use your gust to stop the needles! Charmander, attack Linus with ember!?

Pidgey flapped its wings and created a small tornado full of dust that sent the needles everywhere even back at Linus. While the needles were bombarding Linus, Charmander sent out a blast of embers towards it.

?Linus!? Cried Michelle as her Zigzagoon fell to the ground. ?Return!? With a flash of red light, Linus was back at its Pokeball.

?Give up yet?? I said intimidating her.

?No way!? She yelled. ?Ursula, Water gun Charmander!?

?Pidgey, sand attack! Charmander, dodge and use scratch!?

Before Ursula could attack, Pidgey sent out a blast of sand towards it. This caused Ursula to fire in another direction. Charmander then charged toward Ursula and scratched it with its claws. With that, Ursula fell to the ground, fainted.

?No!? Michelle squealed. ?Return!?

I sighed and wiped off the sweat from my fore head.

?That was close.? I whispered as my Pokemon came running and flying towards me.

?You both were great!? I said patting my Charmander?s head.

?Congrats!? yelled Nick as he ran towards me. ?That battle was awesome!?

?Thanks,? I replied feeling embarrassed.

I looked behind him to see Michelle expression. She wasn?t annoyed nor in a berserker attitude. She was sitting in the ground miserably while trying to hold back her tears.

?Michelle,? I said as I went next to her. ?Sorry about that but I need to beat you.?

?Don?t apologize to me!? She sobbed. ?Just go!?

I looked at her, confused.

?Go! Go on to that stupid city you want to go to!?

?But-? I began.

?Go!? She yelled with her eyes closed.

I looked back at Nick and walked towards him.

?It?s alright,? he said solemnly. ?You can go. We need to finish up something first anyway.?

?Are you sure?? I asked.

?Positive,? He replied with a smile. ?Nice being with you anyway.?

?Yeah, thanks.? I said as I returned my Pokemon.

?We might cross paths again someday.? He said as he held out his hand.

?Yeah,? I replied grabbing his hand and shaking it.

To be Continued

Last edited:

Omega-Brendan

Bahamut's Owner
    Years
  • 0_0 Michelle's been to Hoenn!

and Oni, get one of those stuff for the avvys, I mean, me, shiny-purin, and PKMN_girl have them!

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Awesome part to the story! 2 on 2 makes it very interesting!

that was a surprise to have a Zigzagoon in there already^^

keep up the great work!

Years
  • Chapter 6: Grranted Power

Pewter City loomed ahead of me on top of the horizon. The lack of towering buildings made it look more like a town rather than a city. I kept walking even though my feet were already exhausted. I tried to find the Pokemon Center to rest but trying to find it a city full of houses was not an easy task.

?Calm down,? I said to myself. ?Let?s ask anyone around here.?

Oddly enough, the streets were deserted.

?Hello?? I cried out trying to search for any signs of life.

?Anybody? Anyone??

I continued to walk stumbling through potholes and rocks that were scattered throughout the streets. There was nothing except for the faint blowing of the wind and the rustling of leaves from nearby trees. Everything was closed ? stores, houses and even the gym.

?Pewter City Gym? Is what I read from a makeshift sign that seemed to be standing there for many years.
    ?Gym Leader: Brock?

~*~*~*~

After a few minutes of walking, I found myself in front of a building that seemed to be once a museum. I noticed a sign hanging at the door.

?Pewter City Space Museum. Closed until Further Announcements.?

The sign was full of scratches and the outside walls of the building were full of graffiti. Inside me, a sudden urge to go inside enveloped me. Maybe there are clues to the people?s mysterious behavior? I was about to touch the knob when I heard a voice from behind me.

?Stop where you are,? Said the feminine voice.

A girl with long dark hair was standing behind me. Her clothes seemed to be heavy and very dark. I noticed exactly six Pokeballs tied to her belt. Her dark hood was down and her cape behind her. A familiar tattoo with intricate patterns was in her left cheek. Most noticeably are her bright dark eyes that seem to look inside me.

?Are you a trainer looking for the Gym Leader?? She asked in her steady voice. Her eyes fixed into mine.

?Y-yeah.? I answered. ?Where are the people??

?That is not to my concern.? She replied and began to walk around me. Her eyes still fixed into mine.

?You?re Pokemon are still weak against the Gym Leader.? She began. ?You should train some more.?

?What? How would you know?? I replied gripping my fist.

She then returned to the spot where she started with her eyes fixed as if she was looking through my soul.

?I see everything. Your life, your soul, your powers?everything.? She said Mysteriously.

?I don?t believe you,? I replied trembling. ?And who are you??

?A friend,? She said finally taking her eyes from mine. ?What you see is not what you think.?

?What do you mean??

?Here, take this.? She said giving me a Pokeball.

?No, I can?t accept a-?

?It?s ok, her name?s Aby.? She said placing the Pokeball into my hand. ?Take good care of her.?

With those words, she began to walk away.
    ?Wait! Why are you giving this to me?? I yelled trying to catch up.

?All will be clear soon.? She replied not looking back.

Suddenly, a flash of light came from her. The light was too bright so I shielded my eyes. When I opened my eyes again, I was back on the outskirts of Pewter City. Now, the city was full of people and the shops were open. It was livelier than I?ve seen before.

?Could it be a dream?? I thought. I clenched my hand then realized I was still holding the Pokeball that she gave me.

?What you see is not what you think?? Her words echoed through my mind.

~*~*~*~

?Your Pokemon are fighting fit! Please come again.? Said the nurse across the counter.

?Thanks,? I replied with a smile.

I then remembered the girl?s suggestion.

?Um, ma?am,? I asked the nurse.

?Yes?? She replied still with a smile.

?Where could I find a good place to train around here?? I asked.

?There?s a good one right outside of the city.? She replied. ?Be careful though, there are too many wild Pokemon there.?

?Ok, Thanks.? I replied as I took my step outside of the Pokemon Center.

~*~*~*~

I followed the nurse?s direction and found myself in an isolated area of tall grass and tall trees that swayed with the wind.

?Come out, Blaze, Sage and Aby!? I said releasing all three of my Pokemon out from their Pokeballs. I decided to nickname my Charmander ?Blaze? and my Pidgey ?Sage.? Aby looked up at me with her closed eyes. I took out my Pokedex pointing it at her.

?Abra. Psy Pokemon. These Pokemon are able to teleport in long distances and posses great Psychic abilities. However, they need to sleep 16 hours a day.?

Aby growled letting out a low sigh as it tucked its head back into its arms.

?Let?s begin our training guys.? I said as my Pokemon gathered around Aby.

?Charmander!? Growled Blaze as he tried to wake up Aby.

?Blaze, just let her sleep for the while.? I said while patting my Charmander. ?She might wake up? maybe soon.?

?Young Master, you do not need to wake me up.? Said a whispering voice.

?Huh? Who?s there?? I looked around me trying to find the source of the voice until I heard it again.

?It is I, Aby.? The voice sounded as if someone was whispering at me.

?Aby?? I said as I sat near her.

?Yes. You do not need to talk aloud. I can see what you are thinking young master.? She replied with her whispering voice. Her voice sounded more like of a young girl?s whispering.

?Oh, I see.? I replied through my thoughts.

?Master Sakaki has given me instructions to train your powers, Young Master.? She said with her closed eyes glowing.

?Sakaki? Is that the girl I met before?? I asked.

?Yes, it is she.? Aby replied. ?Your training must start now for bigger challenges loom ahead of us.?

?What challenges??

?Challenges that will test your heart, your valor and your will Young Master.? She said in a monotonous tone. ?Your role in this world will be revealed soon.?

?What do you mean Role in this world?? I asked.

?Forgive me Young Master for I cannot tell the rest.?

A long pause then followed. I looked back at my Blaze and Sage?s concerned faces.

?So, let?s begin our training.? I said vigorously.

~*~*~*~

?Blaze, you should be able to cut those rocks with your scratch attack.? I said as Blaze failed to do a scratch attack at the rocks I?ve thrown to it.

?Char!? He nodded.

?Here?s one more time!? I yelled as I threw rocks in the air.

Blaze let the rocks fall first then began slashing them one by one. Instead, Blaze only knocked them away into nearby trees.

?Charmander!? he sighed with frustration.

?It?s ok,? I said reassuringly. ?We just need time. Now, don?t give up and let?s try that again!?

I threw another batch of rocks towards Blaze. Blaze lunged forward and began slashing at the rocks. This time, the rocks dropped down without getting thrown into nearby trees. I felt the large scratch marks the Blaze made engraved into the rocks.

?That?s it Blaze, just keep on trying!?

~*~*~*~

?It?s your turn Aby,? I said releasing her from her Pokeball. ?Now try to attack these rocks, ok??

She didn?t respond. I accepted that as an affirmative response and started the training.

?Ready?? With that, I sent rocks towards the air.

The rocks stopped in mid air and floated above the ground. Then, with a blink of an eye, Aby sent the stones through the trees, which caused holes into anything that the rock passed through.

?Whoa,? I gasped in amazement.

?Young Master, that is only a sample of my power.? She suddenly said. ?Master Sakaki has not told me the rest of my powers.?

?Does that mean that you still have more powers?? I said eager for a response.

?That is not yet to my knowledge.? She replied.

~*~*~*~

A few days passed by and our training was complete I decided that tomorrow, I?ll be challenging the gym leader.

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Very nice!

Very interesting with the Abra part.

I cant wait to read the gym battle. It will be great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back