• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    That was a long week... O.o;; I didn't manage to post Chapter 7 last Saturday... so, here it is!

Chapter 7: Reawakening

I looked up at the tall gray building with a makeshift sign. The painted letters that spelled ?Gym? were already faded by time. It looked so tall unlike the last time I saw it. I twisted the rusted knob and entered. Dim lights showed the arena. Bleachers, dirty and dusty left unattended on both sides of the arena. The battlefield, full of rocks and holes show the remainder of the most dramatic of battles.

?I?m here for a gym challenge!? I yelled out.

My words reverberated across the walls of the dank gym.

?Speak your name and your hometown.? Said a sunken voice across the arena.

?Gary of Pallet Town.? I answered. My answer echoed into the distant corners of the gym.

A figure stepped out of the shadows to reveal a man with spiky hair and a broad face. His body was well built and his arms crossed across his chest. He wore a plain messy shirt and loose pants.

?I am Brock the gym leader of Pewter city. I have taken service of this gym many years ago.? He said in a firm voice.

I remained silent as he took out his Pokeball.

?The gym rules,? he began. ?Two against two. Single battle.?

?Fine by me,? I replied ready and willing.

?Come out, Geodude!? He yelled as he threw out his Pokeball.

Out came a large rocky Pokemon with its arms swinging in and out of position.

It floated above the rocks and crashed into the ground with a horrible thud.

?Ok, come out, Sage!?

Sage came out of its Pokeball and flew out and landed on one of the rocks.

Brock smirked.

?You do realize that Pidgey is a flying type.? He said gloatingly.

?I?m aware of that,? I replied gripping my fist.

Pidgey has the worst disadvantages against a rock type like Geodude. I?m hoping my training would pay off.

?Geodude, tackle!? Commanded Brock.

Geodude advanced and leapt towards Sage.

?Sage, fly up and use quick attack!? I commanded.

Geodude launched itself forward and missed Sage. Sage flew up high to the gym?s roof and attacked Geodude from above. The attack connected but Geodude seems to be unfazed.

?Like I said, that thing doesn?t stand a chance against rock types.? Brock said as he sighed.

?I?m still not giving up!? I yelled. ?Sage, use gust!?

Sage flew behind Geodude and sent out a powerful tornado.

?Pity,? spat Brock. ?Geodude, use tackle.?

Out of the strong tornado, Geodude leapt out and tackled Sage with a direct hit.

?Sage!? I yelled out as Sage struggled to fly away.

?You see? Inferior trainers like you never learn!? Brock yelled as the dust cleared.

?I always learn from my mistakes!? I yelled back checking if Sage was still fine.

?Sage, hang in there!? I yelled out.

Sage tried to fly off but its wing was injured by Geodude?s tackle.

?Geodude, finish that Pidgey off with rock throw!?

The moment Brock yelled out his command, an idea came into my mind.

?Sage, dodge it!? I commanded hoping that my plan would work.

Geodude leapt up and came crashing to the ground. Sage managed to dodge the attack and hide behind a rock nearby. A loud thud echoed throughout the gym as Geodude executed its attack.

?Sage, use gust one more time!? I commanded.

Sage flew up and created another dusty tornado and sent it towards Geodude.

?Fool,? sneered Brock. ?You never learn from your lessons! Geodude, tackle now!?

?Sage, fly around and use quick attack!?

The moment Geodude came out from Sage?s tornado, Sage flew up and around Geodude. With a powerful quick attack, Geodude was pushed out of the field and crashed into the concrete wall.
    ?Geodude!? Brock yelled.

Geodude was trying to lift itself up from the cracked wall.

?Sage, this is our chance, use sand attack!? I yelled.

Sage flapped its wings and sent out a cloud of dust towards Geodude. Everything?s going in place there?s only a few more moves to execute.

?Geodude, rock throw!? Commanded Brock.

Geodude leapt into the air and tried to crash itself on Sage. Its attack missed again and landed with a hard thud. Signs of exhaustion were starting to appear on Geodude.

?Sage, you know what to do!? I yelled out.

Sage let out a shrill cry ? a sign of an affirmative response. Sage flew up high to the roof of the gym and dived down the struggling Geodude. Sage used a powerful quick attack then another, then another and another! Sage attacked in several directions striking Geodude one by one in rapid succession. At last, once the attacks stopped, Geodude fell lifelessly to the ground.

?Geodude return!? Brock said as he held up his Pokeball. A beam of red light returned the Pokemon back to its Pokeball in an instant.

He took out a second Pokeball from his pocket and threw it. A long rocky Pokemon came out of its Pokeball. Its body was full of pieces of rock and a single horn was protruding from its head. It rose up with its menacing eyes looking down at Sage. It roared so loud that it shook the windows of the gym.

?Onix, sandstorm!? Brock yelled.

Onix roared once more and caused a massive sandstorm. Dust, sand and rocks flew everywhere around the gym. I shielded my eyes to avoid being blinded by the sandstorm.

?Sage!? I yelled out. ?Stay in one spot!?

It was all too late. Debris and sand hit Sage in all sides. I could hear its muffled cries as the storm raged on.

?Onix, slam!? Commanded Brock.

I was too weak to yell out my command. Neither Sage nor I saw it happened. A rocky tail flew past me and hit sage with a direct hit. The storm cleared and all I saw was Sage?s bloody wing and Onix?s rocky glare. Sage lay on the floor with blood splattered across the rocks near it.

?No!? I cried out. ?Sage, return!?

A flash of red light returned Sage to its Pokeball.

?Hang in there,? I murmured. ?Just a few more minutes, please.?

?Be on your way boy,? Brock began. ?You don?t want to humiliate yourself.?

?I never give up!? I yelled back.

My courage returned as I took out my second Pokeball.

?Come out, Aby!?

Aby came out of its Pokeball snoring silently and her arms crossed. Onix roared out loud. It might be trying to wake her up. Brock smirked and laughed out loud.

?Is that all you have?? He said trying to catch his breath.

?I?m still not giving up,? I smiled back.

?Who said you weren?t?? He said still laughing.

?Aren?t we going to continue?? I murmured.

?Oh, oh yeah.? Brock said regaining his senses.

?Onix, sandstorm again!?

Once again, Onix created another sandstorm. I could feel Aby sitting there sleeping while Onix repeatedly attacked her.

?Aby!? I yelled. ?Wake up!?

?I?m already awake, young master.? She replied.

?Then do something!? I yelled feeling like an idiot.

?You be my guide young master and I will be your eyes.?

And with that, everything became clear. The sandstorm seemed to have faded away and all I can see was Onix, it was behind Aby ready to strike.

?Be ready young master,? Aby said.

Everything was in slow motion. Onix was moving closer and closer towards Aby.

?Slam!? I heard Brock yell out in midst of time.

?Aby, teleport!? I commanded at the last moment.

The storm returned and all I can see again was dust. Then, everything went back as it was, slow and steady. Everything was clear. My command was successful. Aby sat on the other side of the battlefield while Onix looked dumbfounded.

I heard Brock swear. ?Use slam again!?

?Teleport once more, Aby!?

I shielded my eyes as sand returned to my view.

?Young Master, please close your eyes and concentrate.? I heard Aby in the midst.

?Ok,? I replied as I closed my eyes.

It was a different feeling ? I could feel different hearts beating slowly. I could feel Aby?s presence in the midst of the storm. It was the same thing for Onix too. It was the muffled beating of two Pokemon?s hearts. It was a feeling that I?ve experienced inside Lyn?s Gym.

?Now young master!? I heard Aby yelled.

?Aby, teleport!? I simply whispered.

I could see the battle. Onix?s tail swung and hit nothing but the rock that Aby was sitting next too.

I heard more swears from Brock.

?Master, we?re not going anywhere doing this over and over.? Aby said in the midst of the battle.

?You?re right,? I thought back.

?Aby, use confusion!?

?What the?? I heard Brock?s trailing voice.

A powerful shock hit Onix in a direct hit. This caused the sandstorm to stop.

?Onix, slam!? Yelled the frustrated Gym Leader.

?Aby, teleport again!?

Once again, Onix?s attack missed and Aby reappeared behind it.

?Let?s finish this with confusion!? I yelled as I opened my eyes.

A powerful flash knocked Onix out and drove it across the battlefield.

?Onix!? Brock said as he ran to his defeated Pokemon.

I wiped the drop of sweat from my forehead and returned Aby.

?Thanks,? I said to Aby.

?No need for your gratitude, young master.? She replied. I can see Aby smiling back at me.

?You have a very powerful potential.? Brock said as he stood in front of me. ?I?m sorry I underestimated you.?

?Yeah, no problem.? I replied smiling.

?You?re worthy of this badge ? take it.? He said as he handed out a gray octagonal piece of metal. ?It?s the boulder badge. With this, you took your first step to the Pokemon League.?

?Thanks,? I said taking the badge from his hand.

~*~*~*~

?You?re quite shrewd,? Brock said as he shook my hand outside of the gym. ?I?m sorry I underestimated you.?

?No problem,? I said. ?I need to be on my way, sorry.? I said as I ran off to the Pokemon center.

Sage?s still hurt ? I need to be there quickly!

To be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Great gym battle! Heh, Brock was angry^^

Sage really showed its stuff! Beating a Geodude like that

Onix got beat too. Aby was great!

Can't wait to read more

Years
    Argh! My Fanfic is ruined because of that stupid censors... they will pay! >.<

anyways here's the latest chapter!

Chapter 8: Regrets​

?Sage will be fine,? the nurse said as she handed back my Pokeballs. ?It just needs a few minutes rest to get that bruise healed.?

?Thanks,? I replied feeling very grateful.

I began to walk outside when someone sopped me.

?So you goin? to Mt. Moon eh?? Said the voice behind me.

I looked back and an old man with a white mustache and baldhead stood there. His clothes were of rags all tied together with a belt.

?Well, yeah,? I replied.

?I warn ya kid,? He said menacingly. ?Reckless trainers who wander too long there suddenly disappear!?

?Well I?? I began.

?Don?t have any respect do you?? He yelled.

?But sir, I??

?Don?t tell them monsters that I didn?t warn you, kid!? he said then stormed out of the Pokemon Center.

?Just ignore him,? The nurse said as I turned around. ?That?s old man Clements. He?s very superstitious.?

?Well, he sorta weird.?

?He just scares trainers who come by here. No one actually disappeared in Mt. Moon ever.? She reassured.

?Are you sure??

?Of course! The cave?s collapsed from the inside. It more of a tunnel now.?

~*~*~*~

I sighed with relief as I went outside of the center. I looked around and saw a narrow path east of the city. I continued to walk, Old man Clements? warning still in my mind. I tried to shake it of, but it still lingered in my mind.

?So yer a hard head eh?? A familiar voice from behind said.

I turned around and old man Clements stood with a Pokeball in one hand.

?What do you want from me?? I said with a shudder in my voice.

?Kids these days dun have any respects fer their elders.? He sighed gripping his Pokeball in one hand.

?Listen, I need to go now??

?Yer goin? nowhere unless ya beat me,? He interrupted as he threw his Pokeball. ?Noctowl, show ?em how real trainers do it!?

?You leave me no choice, mister! Go, Blaze!?

A brown owl Pokemon came from my opponents Pokeball. It let out a shrill cry and landed on a nearby rock. It twisted its head sideways and hooted.

Blaze came out of its Pokeball and looked around and saw its new opponent. He wagged his flaming tail as he stared down his opponent.

I scanned the battlefield for any advantage I could earn. The tall grass ruffled as the wind blew. There was only a single rock. It was the one that Old Man Clements? Noctowl was standing on. There was nothing more.

?So that?s yer puny baby Pokemon eh?? Old Man Clements said with a grin across his face. ?Noctowl, use peck!?

?Blaze, dodge it and counter with scratch!? I yelled out.

Noctowl swooped down and tried to attack Blaze but missed. While Noctowl was defenseless, Blaze leapt up and scratched Noctowl on the face.

Noctowl let out an injured hoot and fluttered to regain balance.

?Good job Blaze!? I cheered.

I heard a growl of appreciation from Blaze.

?Beginner?s Luck!? I heard a cry of outrage from Old Man Clements.

?Better give up already mister!? I said feeling confident.

?Noctowl, wing attack!? he yelled out the command.

?Blaze, use ember to stop the attack!?

Noctowl swooped down with its wings spread out. Blaze sent out bolts of flame from its mouth towards Noctowl. The attack was a direct hit but it wasn?t enough to stop Noctowl. The attack made a direct hit at Blaze causing him to recoil back.

?Blaze!? I yelled out as Blaze struggled to get up.

?Finish it off, Noctowl!? I heard his command.

?Blaze get up!? I yelled.

Blaze managed to get up but Noctowl?s attack was heading its way.

?Duck, Blaze!?

Noctowl?s wings brushed Blaze?s fur as Blaze narrowly dodged its attack.

?Missed!? Old Man Clements spat out.

?Blaze, try hiding in the grass!? I yelled.

?No use blurtin? out yer strategy,? Old Man Clements murmured. ?Noctowl, foresight!?

Noctowl?s eyes glowed light red as it searched the grass below.

?Blaze, now!? I yelled.

Blaze leapt up the rock and jumped up one more and landed behind Noctowl.

?What the-!? Old Man Clements spat out.

?Ember it down!? I commanded.

Blaze sent out a fury of embers at Noctowl. Noctowl flailed around trying to struggle to stay in flight. The embers continued until Noctowl crashed. The embers continued.

?Make ?em stop kid!? I heard Old Man Clements yell out.

?Blaze stop!? I yelled. ?Stop it.?

Blaze ignored my command and continued firing.

?Blaze!? I yelled out once more as I raised up my Pokeball. ?Blaze return!?

With a flash of red light, Blaze returned to my Pokeball.

?Return, Noctowl!? I heard old man Clements. ?Yer the monster kid!?

?What?? I replied.

?Never saw anyone attack at me like that! Better be on yer way. You might scare them monsters away.? He said quickly as he turned and went away.

~*~*~*~

I was once again alone. I looked around trying to find what drove Blaze into nearly killing Noctowl. I continued to walk; now the sun began to set. The mountains cast shadows across my path to the towering mount ahead of me. The sky, now vivid in orange color was cloudless and everything was silent?

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Great chapter Oni!

I hope to read more^^

Wheres the Questshipping :P J/K

I can wait for good stuff :D

Years
    Sorry I didn't manage to update. I had alot of things to do since there was the Finals... ^_^

anyways, enjoy!

Chapter 9: Reminiscence

Mt. Moon towered in front of me. The setting sun cast shadows in front of me. I could imagine hands reaching out towards me. Nevertheless, I just ignored it. I was slightly scared ? scared of what might happen to me. I know something?s wrong happening around me. I remembered when I was in Viridian City then I remembered what happened in the forest.

~*~*~*~

Darkness shrouded me and there?s nothing I can see. I sat alone near the cave?s entrance with a fire in front of me. The cold wind blew across my face as I watched embers fly across the sky. My eyes were heavy. I began to feel sleep drifting in me. Just then, I heard a crashing noise. It came from the cave. I screech came next. This made me more awake then ever. I stood up not knowing what to do. Another ear-splitting screech made the hair in the back of my neck stand.

?Calm down,? I whispered to myself. ?I?m sure that?s just no-?

Another screech made me jump. Then came a crashing sound. I remembered Old Man Clements? warning ? the monster in the cave. I began to walk backwards away from the cave until something stopped me. I looked behind to see a tall dark hooded man. Silver eyes gleamed behind the shadow of his hood.

?Ahh- ?

He covered my mouth the moment I screamed. My eyes were wide open in terror.

?Don?t scream,? He said as he looked around. ?I?m not going to hurt you if you cooperate.?

He then took his hand away from his mouth.

?Who are you?? I asked.

?You could have at least known by now.? He whispered.

I looked back at him with a confused look.

?I?m the one you met in the forest earlier before.? He sighed.

?You? You?re the guy who saved me from those Beedrills??

He didn?t reply. Instead, he walked towards the entrance of the cave.

?I wouldn?t go there if I were you.? I warned.

?You could at least keep your voice down.?

I remained silent as he kneeled down and patted the ground as if trying to find an answer there.

?What exactly is your name?? I whispered as I kneeled near him.

?Silver,? He replied without looking up.

I noticed his long red hair, which was tied. It was tied in complicated braids. He stood up without mentioning a word then walked towards the entrance.

?Wait!? I yelled as I tried to catch up with him.

?Quiet!? He whispered loudly back at me. ?If you want to follow, follow quietly!?

?What are you trying to find here?? I asked as I caught up with him.

?Just follow quietly,? He whispered back.

His long cloak trailed behind him as I followed. His dark boots pattered against the rocky cave floor. Our steps echoed throughout the cave as we kept walking. I can hear water dripping somewhere in the cave.

Suddenly, he stopped. Faded light was coming from an exit at one side of the cave.

?Are you sure you want to follow along?? He whispered.

?I?m sure.? I replied back.

He then continued towards the exit. The exit led us to a meadow that was bordered by the mountain walls. The wind blew hard, very hard. The tall grass was flattened by the wind as we walked into the meadow. Silver?s hood was blown down by the wind. His red hair fluttered with the wind as we struggled to walk across the meadow.

I looked forward and noticed stone monuments in front of us.

?What are those?? I said as I pointed on the stone monuments.

?This place used to be a very important place for moon worshipers.? He replied shielding his eyes.

?Moon worshipers??

?Cults and stuff.? He replied. ?Their rituals are said to be true.?

I remained silent as we entered the circle of smooth white stones.

?Huh?? I looked around. The wind wasn?t blowing inside the circle ? and yet the wind was hammering down the tall grass.

?We?ll wait here.? Silver said as he sat down.

?What are we waiting for??

?You?ll see.?

~*~*~*~

We waited for hours and hours. I looked up and noticed the full moon was directly on top of us. Suddenly, the wind died down.

?He?s here.? Silver said as he stood.

?Who?s here??

?Stay near me. Whatever appears, don?t look at it directly in the eye.?

?Ok,? I agreed even though I don?t understand what he said.

A shriek drowned the moaning of the winds as I his behind Silver. I looked up and noticed that the moon was colored red ? blood red!

?What?s happening?? I whispered.

He covered my mouth and waited. I looked at the opening and noticed several wisps of air. They can?t be Pokemon ? the wisps of air were all wandering the meadow. I noticed that the wisps of air were wearing masks. The same mask I?ve seen before in Viridian Forest.

?Keep quiet and don?t breathe to hard.? Silver whispered.

I nodded my head to approve his command then he let go. The wisps circled us and wandered the meadow. The white wisps circled faster and faster and rose up and disappeared. I let out a sigh of relief but then, a horrible shriek filled the air once more.

?It?s still here ? he noticed you.? Silver muttered.

I looked back and noticed more silver wisps behind us.

?Silver, we?ve got trouble?? I stammered as I stumbled backwards.

One of the wisps swooped down at me but Silver grabbed me and managed to pull me away from the wisp?s attack.

?What?s it doing?? I said trembling with fear.

?These things can posses human beings. The one that tried to touch you wants to take possession of your body.?

?But? why aren?t they attacking us??

?Because were inside this circle.? He replied quickly.

I looked around. Several wisps were gathering around us. More like thousands.

Another shrieked filled the air. This time, I was prepared. The wisps cleared up and created a path. All I can see on the other side was a shadow. A figure walked closer and closer. The moon shined its silver light on the figure. I can see it clearly ? a masked man. The same one I?ve seen earlier in the forest.

Silver remained silent as he confronted the masked being.

?What do you want?? He said as he gripped his fist.

The masked man pointed at me. I could see its bony finger directly pointing at me. For a moment, I felt I blacked out. I could feel myself collapsing but I tried to hold on.

?Leave him alone!? Silver yelled as he edged closer near the masked man.

?I-I?m just ok?? I stammered as I struggled to get up.

?Hehehe?? I heard a low laugh behind the mask. It was a cold dry laugh.

?He has a strong will,? The man?s voice was merely a whisper that I can hear. ?He cannot be possessed easily.?

Both Silver and I remained silent. The masked man walked cautiously up to us. Every step he took, my heart pounded loudly. I began to breathe harder and harder. Everything seems to slip away from my mind.

?That?s enough!? I heard Silver yell. ?Leave the boy!?

My chest began to ache. I fell to my knees clutching my heart. The pain became worse every second.

?That?s enough!? I heard Silver yell one last time. ?Feraligatr, hydro pump!?

I heard a strong surge of water then the pain went away. I looked up and saw that the man was blown away into the other side.

?You might be powerful before, but you?ve lost much of your power.? Silver smirked as he returned his Feraligatr.

?You?? growled the masked man. ?I?ve raised you?I?ve cared for you??

?But then you killed me.? Silver interrupted. ?You tortured my friends: my family.?

Another low laugh came from behind the mask.

?You?ve grown stronger? I will seek to that day? and that day when I take the boy again.?

The wisps began to circle around us. They circled faster and faster. Then, they disappeared.

~*~*~*~

?What did you mean when you said that he killed you?? I asked to Silver.

We were walking outside of Mt. Moon under the moonlight.

?I can?t tell you everything now.? He replied quickly. ?You need to discover for yourself. Learn your own mind.?

?Learn my?mind??

?Exactly. Now, I?ll leave the road to you.? He said as he change his path.

?Wait, you?re leaving me? But?but I wanted to ask you questions!?

He didn?t reply as he continued to walk ahead of me.

?Wait! Do you anything about my father??

He stopped and looked back. He put on his hood covering much of his long red hair.

?All I can say? he was a brave man. You have your mother?s heart but you have your father?s will.? He simply replied. ?The rest, you have to discover yourself to know.?

To Be continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very cool chapter! Its getting a lot more darker too! Very good imagination!
    Keep up the great work!

Years
    *posts the post that will bump this topic up and will get noticed*

um... maybe....maybe not :P but just keep reading... thanks for the comments ^_^

Years
    This chapter is gonna suck...it's short and...stuff... but anyways, enjoy!

Chapter 10: Revenge Battle

I remember last night vividly. I could still feel myself shiver at the thought I was being hunted down by someone ? or something. The next day, I found myself walking alone outside of Mt. Moon. The sun?s already above me a sign that it?s noon. I clutched my stomach as I heard it grumbled. I didn?t manage to eat breakfast today maybe since I?ve already finished the last of my canned food. The last batch Nick gave to me. I know it was against Michelle?s will so he gave them to me secretly. I made my way limply under the burning sun until I heard a familiar voice.

?So, ye made it out eh??

I turned around to see a familiar face ? Old Man Clements.

?What do you want?? I mumbled as I continued ignoring him.

?So, were the rumers true, kid?? He asked as he confronted me.

?What rumors?? I replied sitting down on my knees.

?Rumers of the monster!?

?Oh that,? I sighed once more and clutched my stomach. ?Bunch of rumors.?

?It all not true?? he yelled.

I sent out another frustrated sigh.

?So kid, want another battle like last time.?

I struggled not to throw him a glare. He approached me and ruffled my already messy hair.

?Aww c?mon kid,?

?Fine, fine?? I mumbled as I stood up and taking out my Pokeball.

?Goody!? He replied as he took out his Pokeball. ?Noctowl, ready are ya??

?Blaze, be ready!? I said as I threw out my Pokeball.

My Charmander came out and was feeling the same way I was ? hungry.

?Yer baby Pokemon is hungry aint it?? He said as he readied his Noctowl for an attack.

I grumbled nonsense and tried to maintain my balance.

?Blaze, ember!?

Blaze sent out rapid shots of fire heading straight to Noctowl.

?Dodge ?em Noctowl!? I heard him yell.

I looked up and saw that Noctowl managed to dodge Blaze?s attack.

?Don?t give up Blaze, smokescreen!?

Blaze sent out a thick smoke cloud all over us with Noctowl above in the air.

?Heh! Child?s play eh?? I heard Clements laugh. ?Fine, blow it away, Noctowl!?

Noctowl flew up and flapped its wings. Winds blew away most of the smoke but I was ready.

?Blaze, you know what to do!?

The moment the smoke was cleared, Blaze leapt up and slashed Noctowl. Noctowl sent out a shrill cry of agony since Blaze?s attack was a direct hit.

?This it Blaze, ember!?

Blaze sent out another fury of flames towards Noctowl. Every attack connected as Noctowl crashed down.

?Noctowl!? Cried Old Man Clements as Noctowl struggled to get up.

It was all over when Noctowl was down.

?Well that was quick,? I muttered.

I looked at Blaze happily and to my amazement, he was glowing. I?ve seen this once before ? and once only in my lifetime. Blaze was taller and bigger. Its eyes were not docile anymore except they were sharp and ready. He made slashing movements with its claws and made a low cry.

?Awesome!? I cried as Blaze looked up at me.

?Well ain?t that grand?? I heard Old man Clements say as he approached Blaze and me. ?Haven?t seen a Pokemon evo in ages!?

?So this was?this is why you were following me??

?Yep, saw yer battle at Pewter Gym. Then I followed you. When I challenged Blaze ov?r here, I knew he?s gonna evolve any moment.? He explained as I looked at Blaze?s new form.

?Well kid, you brightened up my day, See ya!?

?You?re going back to Pewter City, right??

?Yep, good luck in Cerulean. I heard the leader ov?r there?s really tough. But I?m thinking yer gonna win with your Blaze ov?r here.?

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Great chapter! Short but sweet I say! XD! Its cool that Charmander evolved. Keep up the great work.

Years
    AYE! Please reply! XD

Chapter 11: Strengthened Bond

Yesterday?s battle was still in my mind. It was all too fast but I recounted everything step by step. Every move I used and every decision I took. I was really proud of my first evolved Pokemon. If only I could show it off to someone?

~*~*~*~

?Wake up looser!? A familiar voice was reverberating inside me. ?Wake UP!?

?Wha-?!? I woke up that morning feeling drowsy. My eyes focused and widened to see a familiar face shaking me.

?Michelle, why can?t you just leave him sleep??

?Wake up loser! Wake! Up! Wake-?

?I?m awake, I?m awake!? I muttered as I rubbed my eyes and shoved of Michelle?s hands of my shoulder.

?Good, stay awake!?

I matted my messy light brown hair and stretched and yawned.

?Hey, watch where you?re yawning!? Michelle cried as she avoided my arms.

?How?s it going, Gary?? Nick asked as he went closer to me.

?I?m?fine,? I yawned.

Suddenly, my stomach grumbled. I embarrassingly move to my other side and clutched my stomach.

?Hungry?? Nick asked. ?I think I got some cereal over here?? He said as he searched his backpack.

?So the loser?s angry, why don?t we just leave him??

?Michelle, just because you lost to him doesn?t mean you have to be sore all the time.? Nick commented.

Michelle quickly walked away, her sandy blonde hair at her back.

?Sorry about her,? Nick said as he gave me a bowl of cold cereal.

?Thanks,? I replied as I began to eat the cereal. It?s been a while since I ate.

?So, how?s your training going??

?Huh? Oh! I got Blaze to evolve.? I replied quickly.

?Your Charmander? Awesome! Let me see.? He quickly reacted.

?Ok, ok.? I replied as I took out three Pokeballs. ?Blaze, Sage, Aby!?

All of my Pokemon came out ?quite hungry, except for Aby.

?Awesome! You got an Abra!? Nick said as he looked at my Pokemon. ?They look hungry.?

?Yeah well, they haven?t eaten for a long time.?

?Maybe this will help,? Nick said taking out what looked like a small blue plastic thermometer.

?What?s that??

?This?? He said looking at it and taking out a few colorful block pieces. ?It?s a Pokeblock case. It stores Pokeblocks.?

?Pokeblocks??

?Well, in the Hoenn region some berries can be blended and can turn into Pokeblocks. They?re sorta like candy only for Pokemon. They have different taste.?

He then handed Sage a pink Pokeblock.

?Pink ones are sweet, so I guess they?ll love these.?

Sage and Blaze growled happily as they ate the Pokeblocks.

?Hey Nick,?

?Huh??

?Where actually were you and your sister from?? I asked as I leaned on my knees.

?Well, we came from the Hoenn region and that?s pretty far from here. That?s where we got some of our Pokemon.? He replied while smiling.

?No wonder, why are you guys here??

?Well, our parents forced us to go here. Mom and Dad said that it?d be fun here. They said they had friends around here. Hey you?ve beaten Brock?? He suddenly said as he looked over my Pocket. A boulder badge was hanging from it.

?Uh, well, yeah.? I stammered.

?Cool, me too. Only Michelle took a while before beating him.?

?It didn?t take that long!? I heard Michelle?s voice behind us. ?It took me a few times??

?Yeah right,? Nick replied eyeing Michelle.

Both began to argue in front of me like always.

?Guys, guys!? I said as I halted both of them. ?Why don?t we just settle down and-?

?Shut up, Nick!? Michelle yelled as both of them struggled to get away from my grasp.

?You shut up! I?ll battle you and I?ll prove that you?ll loose!?

?You?re on!?

~*~*~*~

The battle was ready. Michelle and Nick were both poised for battle.

?Two on two?? Nick asked.

?Two on two,? Michelle repeated as she took out two Pokeballs.

Nick did the same as he ruffled his sandy blonde hair. It?s he first time I?ve seen the twins battle. I sat on the edge of the battlefield excited and ready.

?Ready when you are, sis!? Nick smiled as he threw his Pokeballs. ?Leaf, Alm, Come out!?

Two Pokemon came out. One, I realized to be a Bulbasaur. The other was a Pokemon I?ve never seen before. It was reddish and sluggish with barbs pointing out of its body. It was small with big bulgy eyes and reminded me of a Caterpie. I looked at my Pokedex to see more about it.

?Wurmple, These Pokemon are only found around the Hoenn region. They are mostly defenseless but can attack Pokemon with the barbs at their backs.?

?Another Hoenn Pokemon,? I muttered.

?Let see about that!? Michelle cried. ?Linus, Ursula!?

Her Zigzagoon came out along with her Squirtle. All were poised for battle.

?Ursula, Use water gun on Alm!?

Ursula did so and fired a blast of water towards Wurmple.

?Leaf, block it and use vine whip on Ursula!? Nick yelled out.

Leaf came across the blast of fire and prevented Alm from being harmed. Then, Leaf sent out vines from its back towards Ursula. The vines scored a direct hit as they smacked Ursula away.

?Ursula!? Michelle cried as Ursula struggled to get up.

?Alm, use poison sting on Ursula!? Nick commanded.

Alm lowered its back and fried multiple poison barbs towards the fallen Ursula.

?Linus, use you pin missile!?

Linus sent out a wave of stingers towards Alm?s poison stings. The stings were stopped just before they reached Ursula.

?Quick thinking,? Nick said. ?Leaf, use your leech seed on Linus!?

Linus was out of guard when the seeds from Leaf reached him. The seeds formed around Linus and constricted him.

?Linus!? Michelle cried.

?Alm, use poison sting on Linus!?

Alm sent out a wave of poison barbs towards Linus. Michelle tried to stop them using Ursula, but she was off guard and trying to stand up. All the barbs connected which caused Linus to cry out in pain. Then, Linus fell down breathing hard. It was poisoned.

?No!? Michelle cried. ?Linus, stand up. Please!?

Michelle rushed towards Linus and tore off the vines constricting it.

I stood up and called Nick to stop. I rushed towards her and helped her tear up the vines.

?Get away from me!? She said as she pushed me aside.

I noticed tears streaming from her face.

?Michelle??

?Get away! I hate you! I hate you both!? She cried as she hugged Linus.

?Michelle? Hey Michelle, I?m sorry!? Nick said as he rushed towards her.

Ursula was next to her as she began to sob.

?I?m sorry, Michelle. I ? ?

?Shut up!? She screamed. ?Just leave me alone!?

I looked up at Nick. He had a concern look upon his face as he recalled both of his Pokemon.

?Don?t worry about her,? Nick muttered. ?She?ll be fine in a few minutes.?

?I won?t be fine!? Michelle sobbed as she gave an antidote to Linus and recalled both Ursula and Linus.

?Aw, c?mon Michelle.? Nick said as he kneeled next to Michelle. With both of them close together, I could see some resemblances between the two.

?Michelle, you just lost once. That?s it.? I said as I joined Nick comforting her.

?I just didn?t loose once, I lost many times!? She said sobbing between words.

?Michelle,? I began moving closer to her. ?It?s just fine to loose. Everyone looses all the time.?

?Not like you or my brother.? She replied while rubbing tears of her eyes. ?It?s not fair. I don?t deserve to be here or be a trainer.?

?Michelle,? I began. ?As long as you try, you can never loose. Just believe in yourself.?

I didn?t realize those words that just came out of my mouth. I didn?t even understand what I said.

Michelle looked up at me. I could see her blue eyes sparkling with tears. She then quickly hugged me.

?Whoa?? It all happened to quick I guess. Those were the only words that I managed to choke out from my mouth as she hugged tightly.

?Michelle??

?I?m sorry,? She sobbed. ?I?m just sorry I treated you like nobody.?

I looked up at Nick to see him smiling.

?Thanks,? she managed to say while she buried her face on my clothes.

I gathered my courage to put my hand around her while comforting her.

~*~*~*~

?Parting ways again?? Nick asked as we reached another fork.

?I?m going to Cerulean, you guys?? I asked as I pointed to one side.

?We might need tome training for a while.? Nick said as he pointed into the other direction.

I looked at Michelle. Her face was no longer filled with tears but a smile was across her face.

?Yeah, I guess.? She agreed.

?Ok, see you guys again next time.? I said as I began on my way.

?Gary!? I heard Michelle?s voice as I turned around.

?Huh??

?I?I?m sorry?? She said as she looked down.

?You?ve apologized enough.? I said smiling. ?Let?s just see each other next time.?

?Ok?? She said as she hurried of towards Nick. ?Hey Nick, wait up!?

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Another nice job Oni! Your doing very well. Looks like Michelle finally stopped being bossy XD
    Keep up the good work :)

Years
    Countdown to Red: 1 more chapter XD

Chapter 12: Memories

I found myself in front of Cerulean city. It?s more like a sleepy town. Houses were aligned around the streets while people walked on the sidewalk chatting happily about the current events. I found myself wandering around looking up at the shops and restaurants scattered on one side of the street. Suddenly, I remembered something.

?Um, hey,? I said as I halted a dark red haired girl who was walking by.

?Huh??

She was quite small. Her dark brown eyes twinkled as she glanced up at me. She was holding up a Pikachu. She was wearing a loose shirt and shorts that seem to be a bit larger than her. Her red shirt seemed to be a bit dirty and wet. Two dark red pigtails protruded from behind her head. Her small hands handled the Pikachu friskily as it yawned and growled.

?Um, can you tell me where the Cerulean Cape is??

She looked strangely at me. Her Pikachu growled as it struggled to get away from the girl?s grasp.

?The Cerulean Cape?? She repeated with her eyes fixed at me.

?Yeah, do you know where it is?? I asked.

?You mean the sea cottage, right??

?Yeah, I guess?? I replied having no clue what she said.

?Oh, it?s just up there.? She let go of her Pikachu and pointed up in front of me. ?You just go up straight and then left.?

?Ok, thanks?? I said as I began on my way.

She picked up her Pikachu again.

?Hey,? she called.

?Huh??

?You?re a trainer, right?? she said.

?Yeah?why did you ask?? I replied.

?Nothing.? She giggled as she went of on the opposite direction.

I glanced back at her thinking something might happen but I just ignored her and continued walking.

~*~*~*~

I continued on my way north heading my way to the cape. As I walked, I noticed people getting fewer and the trees are getting denser. A river flowed silently on my left. I continued my way up when I hear someone.

?Glad you got your way here,? said a familiar voice.

?Toshin??

I looked around trying to find him. He stepped back from a tree with his hood down. There was something different from him than what I?ve met earlier before.

?You did make your way here,? He repeated.

?Toshin,? I began.

He looked up at me. A sign he?s listening.

?You know Silver, right??

He simply nodded and continued to listen.

?Do you both know about my father??

Toshin didn?t reply. He leaned against a tree near him and crossed his arms.

?Do you?? I repeated.

?Do you really want to know more about your father?? he asked.

?Yes,? I replied firmly.

He looked up at me with one eye.

?Did you notice anything when you battled Brock??

?Huh? Well? yeah. I did.?

?Good, you are what I?m looking for.?

?What?? I asked. ?What do you mean??

?Your powers? they lie dormant inside you and they will only come out if it wants to.? He replied.

?My powers??

?You remember what I told you last time??

?Yeah? the forest legend. I think.? I said trying to remember.

?Those powers cannot be inherited nor passed physically to another person. Only the forest spirit chooses the wielders.?

His voice was sullen as the winds began to blow behind me. I fell silent not knowing what to say.

?If you want to, I can help you wake your powers.? He said breaking the silence.

I was unsure. How could I believe him? But there was a force that made agreed?

?Do you want to?? He repeated.

?Yes? I want to?? I replied.

He looked up at me with both eyes now. His dark hair was moving with the wind freely.

~*~*~*~

?To begin your training,? He said. ?You need to train both your mind and your body. You also need to strengthen your mind with your Pokemon.?

?Right,? I replied as I released my three Pokemon.

Toshin examined them and stopped at Abby. He placed his hand on Abby?s forehead and closed his eyes. At once, I heard whispers coming around me. I couldn?t understand anything, the whispers were talking faster and faster. I tried to concentrate and trying not to yell out or anything.

The moment Toshin opened his eyes, the whispers stopped.

?Did you hear anything?? he asked.

I fell silent. Not knowing what to reply.

?Y-Yeah,? I stammered trying to catch my breath.

?Good,? Toshin said. ?That was Abby and me talking.?

?How did you -??

?Sakaki is my sister,? He interrupted. ?One of my surviving family members. She gave you Abby I presume.?

I remained silent not saying another word.

?So begins our training.? He said as he sat down. ?Are you ready??

?Ready,? I replied.

?Good, now close your eyes and concentrate on Abby and on your other Pokemon.?

I did so what he said and concentrated.

?Try not to sleep.? I heard Toshin say.

I pictured my Pokemon in my mind. Blaze, Sage and Abby?I could feel something. It was beating slowly and carefully. I could picture it in my mind as if I had my minds open. Something? I could see?something?

?Sakaki, Sakaki!?

A blue haired boy about fifteen years old was calling a younger girl; a dark haired girl about ten or eleven.

?Makoto? Have you found my brother?? Sakaki asked.

?No, but I think I know where he?s going.? Makoto replied gasping for air.

The surroundings were clear now. In front of them was house burned down and smoldering. White smoke was coming from wreck.

?Where??

?I don?t know yet, but a gate was opened.? Makoto replied quickly.

?Let?s hurry, if that gate closes, it?s going to be hard to find him,? Sakaki said alarmingly. ?Show me where is it.?

?Over here,? Makoto said as the two set out.

I opened my eyes and found that it was already night. The moon was directly above us and the stars twinkled. I could see the city with its lights on the other side of the river. Blaze and Sage seem to be asleep but Abby looked like what she was when I began hours before.

?So,? Said a voice that made me jump. ?What did you see??

I looked back to see Toshin sitting and a fire was burning in front of him. A large pot was steaming and I noticed a large spoon and two bowls on the side.

?I saw Sakaki?? I began trying as hard as I can to remember. ?And this guy? Makoto??

Toshin looked up at me. He seemed to be satisfied by the look at his face.

?What are they talking about?? he asked.

?I don?t know. Sakaki was asking about?about you. I think.?

Toshin remained silent.

?And something about a gate. I didn?t see much.? I continued as I scratched my head.

I heard my stomach grumble. I felt embarrassed as I clutched my stomach.

?Crap, I forgot to ask Nick about food.? I muttered.

?Rice?? Toshin said as he examined the pot on top of the fire.

?Uh?sure,? I replied.

He handed me a bowl and one of the large spoons. I placed as much rice I could eat on my bowl.

?We continue our training tomorrow,? Toshin said as I finished eating.

?Ok,? I replied. ?Toshin??

?Huh??

?What did I saw?? I asked.

?You saw a memory. It?s something that has been passed down by powerful emotions. Something that is so strong, it leaves an imprint so powerful, only a few psychics can see them. However, to see those memories, you must and have to be in a certain place or manifest a certain object or person.?

I nodded. I seem to understand what he said.

?But, how was I able to see those memories?? I asked. ?I didn?t even know I had those powers.?

?That?s what I can not answer.? Toshin said gazing at the fire. I could see the fire?s reflection in his eyes. Burning slowly and wildly.

To Be Continued...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back