• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ties of love and Friendship

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    XD Maybe..maybe not ... btw, did minor edits in first chapters...

Chapter 13: Bloodied past

?Concentrate and attack.? Toshin said as my head pounded.

I could feel the blood rushing through my face.

?Sage, use your gust once more!? I commanded.

Toshin forced me into using Sage to blow away a huge rock that?s as wide as the trees around us. What I thought was impossible, he demonstrated with his Pidgeot without any problems.

Sage flew up higher and created a torrential gust that blew away pebbles. I could feel something wrong with Sage. It was pain. He?s hurting yet he tries. He keeps on trying. Rocks that are size of my fist are starting to be blown away.

Then, I saw Sage fall. He fell with a loud thud to the ground.

?Sage!? I cried.

I held Sage in my hands. It was breathing hard and was really exhausted.

?Take your time.? Toshin said from behind me.

?You?re just forcing me things that I can?t even do!? I yelled at him. ?I don?t even know if you?re training me or not!?

?Just trust me,? Toshin continued ignoring what I said. ?If you want to rest, just rest. Take your time.?

The next moment, I was tending to Sage?s sore wings. I wrapped his wings with bandages and patted them briefly.

?There you go,? I said as I lifted Sage up. ?Good as new.?

Sage let out a shrill cry of appreciation, ruffled its feathers and sat down beside me.

?You?re welcome,? I replied smiling.

Toshin was leaning against a tree a few feet from us. He?s still deep in thought like what I always thought. He must be always thinking of something deep in his mind. I looked up at his face seeing if he?s sleeping or maybe, his mind?s wandering.

?I?m awake,? I heard him mutter.

His voice made me jump a bit with my heart pounding.

?You still have a long way to. Train your Charmeleon if you want to.? He said still in the same position.

?Ok,? I replied taking out Blaze?s Pokeball. ?What do you want me to do??

?Battle me,? He replied as he stood up.

?W-what?? I stammered. ?B-but?you?re way more than an ordinary trainer.?

?Don?t worry,? He said taking out a blue Pokeball. ?I?ll take it easy on you.?

~*~*~*~

?One against one.? Toshin said as he handled his Great Ball.

?Ok,? I replied as I took out a Pokeball containing Sage.

I know it?s a bit of a risk, but I?m sure Toshin will take it easy on me.

There was a river near us in the battlefield. Trees covered around us and the sky was clear and cloudless.

?Sage, come out!?

I sent out my Pidgey at once. Sage flew up at the air all with bandages.

?You ok, Sage?? I asked.

Sage replied with a shrill cry.

?Good,? Toshin muttered under his breath. ?Flux, take it easy on him.?

He threw his Great Ball and out came a dog Pokemon. Its whole body was dark and bones seemed to decorate its body. I don?t know what scared me ? the skull and horns or the pointed tale. I took out my Pokedex nervously and viewed it.

?Houndoom. These Pokemon breathe noxious air into their bodies. They only appear at night and their howls are said to be cursed if heard at night.?

?Don?t worry,? Toshin repeated. ?I?ll take it easy on you.?

?Ok,? I said trembling.

I looked up at Sage. He was scared too, evidently.

?Let?s do this, Sage!?

He replied with a low growl.

?Aw, C?mon. Let?s start out with a gust!?

Sage flew up and hurled a powerful gust towards Flux. Flux didn?t move as the gust crashed towards him. It didn?t seem to affect Flux when it closed its eyes during the attack then opened them with a glare.

?Flux, use smog.? Toshin commanded. He wasn?t shouting or anything. He was just calm.

Flux sent out thick smoke from its mouth towards Sage.

?Sage, blow it away!? I yelled out.

Sage flew up higher and sent out another gust of air towards the smoke.

?Flux, leap out and use Iron Tail.? I heard Toshin say.

I looked around and saw Flux rapidly leaping up a rock and, with its tail tried to attack Sage.

?Sage, dodge it and tackle!?

Sage managed to dodge the attack but I didn?t notice Flux?s double-edged tail. The second strike of the iron tail managed to attack Sage.

?Sage!? I yelled out as Sage tried to fly up.

Flux was on the ground waiting for any of Toshin?s commands. I looked at Toshin. He was looking up at Sage. He knows that it?s the perfect time to attack, but he wasn?t attacking.

?Sage, use sand-attack!?

Sage flew down and sent out a cloud of dust towards Flux. It was a direct hit. Sage?s attack managed to blind Flux for a while.

?Flux, use smog again!?

I knew Toshin wasn?t concentrating. Flux sent out a smog attack into another direction away from Sage.

?Use your quick attack, Sage!?

Sage sent out a powerful quick attack towards Flux?s side. It was powerful enough to make Flux loose its balance.

?Flux, stand up and use Iron Tail again.? Toshin commanded.

Flux leapt up and tried to attack Sage but missed by an inch.

?Use sand-attack once more, Sage!? I commanded.

Sage sent out another cloud of sand towards Flux. Now, Flux was loosing both its balance and sight.

?Use Flamethrower,? Toshin said.

Flux began to shoot out flames everywhere. The fire wasn?t ordinary fire ? it was dark fire that doesn?t seem to burn any of the trees around us.

?Sage, use quick-attack to push Flux into the river!? I yelled out.

Sage did so and managed to push Flux into the water. Flux yelped and cried as it struggled to stay afloat. Toshin held out his Great Ball and returned his Houndoom. He showed no emotions but muttered words as he held up Flux?s Great Ball near his face.

My heart leapt when I noticed Sage glowing?

?Sage!? He was transforming into something bigger. When he stopped glowing, he finally evolved into a Pidgeotto.

?Awesome!? I yelled as I rushed near Sage?s side.

I took off the loosening bandages for they were now too tight for Sage. He spread out his wings and let out a loud cry.

?Awesome!? I repeated smiling.

Sage flew around for a while with its new form. I looked up at Toshin and noticed him smiling. It was a subtle smile ? almost unnoticeable, but I?m sure he?s happy.

~*~*~*~

It was night already. After a few hours of Toshin?s recommended meditation, I found nothing nor saw nothing. If only there?s something I could use to see stuff. The fire was already out. White smoke was coming out of the sticks and braches and was leading up into the starry night. I glanced up at Toshin. He was sitting against a tree with his arms crossed. His head was low and must be sleeping.

I moved in front of him looking closely at him. His long bangs covered much of his face and he was breathing slowly.

?Toshin?? I whispered.

No doubt about it, he?s out cold. I remembered that he did know my father.

?Might be risky,? I thought to myself. But I was really desperate.

I had no choice but to listen to myself. I stretched my hand placed it near Toshin?s head. I closed my eyes and began to see something?something? unclear?

?Reiji, I?ve had enough!? A voice yelled.

Everything was in focus now. There was a boy holding a girl by knifepoint. The girl was bleeding. Her light red hair was swaying with the wind. Blood was pouring from her lips, her eyes, everywhere. Her dress was town and wounds were all over her body. Her eyes were closed?as if she was asleep. Then, there was another figure. It was another boy about seventeen with messy dark hair. He was wearing a white shirt stained and a trench coat smeared with mud and dirt. His dark blue pants were messy too. His fists were clenched and he gritted his teeth.

?Make me, Heihshiro,? Reiji replied. He gripped his knife closer to the girl throat.

?Reiji, you coward!? Toshin spat. ?What did you do to her??

Reiji sent out a cold laugh. He was wearing dirty red robes. His green hair was with the blowing wind. His bright red eyes were glaring menacingly and his smirk revealed his yellowed teeth.

?Nothing really,? He laughed. ?Bloodied her and many other things.?

?Monster!?

The girl was waking up. She opened her eyes slowly. Her eyes twinkled and were filled with tears as she looked up at Toshin.

?T-Toshin,? She said weakly.

?Miharu! Don?t move!? Toshin said nervously. ?I?ll find a way to get you out of this!?

The girl smiled. She was quite beautiful as she gazed slowly at Toshin. Toshin looked back at her and smiled.

?Nice isn?t it?? Reiji said breaking the silence. ?There?s so much thrill when holding someone?s life in your palm. It?s the thrill Heihshiro! You know how many lives I?ve taken with these hands!?

Toshin remained silent. He never said a word. He only glared at Reiji with loathing and hatred.

?Everyone you knew!? Reiji yelled. ?Your grandfather, your father, you mother, your whole family!?

Toshin clenched his fist harder. His nails were digging into his hand.

?And now, your own love one,? Reiji sneered as he gripped his knife. ?The only one you love in this world. What could possibly happen if she??

?Shut up!? Toshin yelled as he stepped closer.

?Watch your step Heihshiro,? Reiji warned. ?Do that again and she?ll get her throat ripped.?

?T-Toshin,? Miharu whispered as she tried to stand up by holding Reiji?s arm. ?Please?just let me die??

?No! I can?t let you,? Toshin yelled as blood started to drip from hands. ?You mean so much to me?just hang on!?

Reiji laughed. He laughed cruelly and coldly.

?Heihshiro!? He yelled. ?If you think your story ends happily, it doesn?t! It?s either you die or she does.?

With a swift motion, he quickly stabbed Miharu on her chest. It all happened in slow motion. Toshin ran up to them and released a swift punch towards Reiji?s face. His fist connected to Reiji and sent him back a few feet. Miharu fell to the ground blood streaming from her chest. Toshin quickly attended to Miharu clutching her arm and trying to stop the blood flowing by wrapping Miharu with his trench coat.

He then noticed Reiji standing up with his knife in one hand poised to stab.

?That is enough!? Toshin yelled angrily.

At once, the afternoon sky turned dark. A swirling vortex seems to appear directly above Toshin a thousand feet away. Reiji stumbled back a small step behind.

?No?It?s can?t be?impossible!? Reiji yelled, as the vortex grew larger and larger. Winds started to blow hard around them. Reiji could see a change in Toshin?s face. A blazing red tattoo was visible in his left cheek. The tattoo was mostly intricate patterns that seemed to be woven together.

?No? how could you master opening a gate so quickly?? Reiji said with a horrified expression. Toshin did not move nor replied as the winds were enough to knock of Reiji to his feet.

Reiji stood up frantically as he fled.

The winds stopped and died down. The sky was clear again and everything was normal. Within the silence, a voice broke out in a soft whisper: ?T-Toshin,?

Miharu looked up tearfully at Toshin. She smiled weakly as tears streamed from her face.

?Toshin please?let me die?? She said weakly as she let Toshin hold her arm.

?Miharu?don?t say that!? Toshin replied as tears began streaming from his eyes.

?There are so many things I wanted to share with you?? Toshin sobbed as he held his lover?s limp hand.

?No, no?? Miharu whispered weakly. ?Toshin please leave me alone?I know?I know how much you love me?I love you the same??

Toshin couldn?t hold his pain anymore as he closed his eyes and let his tears fall.

?But?but what about our-??

?No?keep it?keep it secret. Please don?t tell anyone?for now?? She replied slowly. ?Hiroki,?

Toshin opened his eyes.

?Kiss me?kiss me one last time?Hiroki??

Miharu closed her eyes and slightly gripped Toshin?s hand. Toshin closed his eyes and slowly kissed her on the lips. Their kiss that felt like hours lingered as Miharu slowly loosened her grip?

I opened my eyes and looked around. It was already morning and noticed that Toshin wasn?t sleeping anymore.

?What did you see?? said a voice behind me. His voice made me jump up in shock.

I looked back and saw Toshin sitting with his arms crossed.

?What did you see?? He repeated with a stern voice.

?I-I saw you?? I replied looking at him.

He didn?t say a word but simply nodded his head. I guess that means to continue.

?I saw someone too,? I continued. ?Miharu. Do you know her??

?I loved her,? He replied quickly.

?She died,? I breathed once more. ?Why did she call you Hiroki??

?Hiroki?s my real name. Toshin is something my foster parents gave me.?

?There?s one more thing,? I said trying to ask him a million questions at once.

He looked up at me with his dark eyes.

?Miharu?sh-she was pregnant wasn?t she??

Toshin?s expression was mixed with horror and shock.

?H-How did you know?? He stuttered.

?When I saw her?something was already dying. I don?t know, but there was something else. A life. Something that was different.?

Toshin lowered his head once more. I could see his tears streaming slowly from his eyes.

?I-I couldn?t do anything?it was my duty to protect her and our baby.? He said steadily. ?But?but I failed?I wish I was dead?but something was stopping me.?

Tears dropped from his face as they continued to fall. There was so much to ask but I stopped asking him questions.

?Go,?

?Huh?? I asked.

?You?re training, it?s beyond my hands now.?

?But, about my dad ??

?Do you remember what Silver told you?? He said as he wiped his tears.

I remained silent not saying a word.

?You?ll see it inside you,? He said as he looked up at me with a stern face. ?Sometimes, you?ll see visions. You may not like them but they will come and they may haunt you. What you see might have happened or will happen.?

I stood up and looked at him.

?Will I?see you again??

?Maybe?maybe.?

To Be Continued

Last edited:

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    wow. amazing chapter...............very sad story. Nice that he now has Pidgeotto. Will that evil dude show up again? He deserves what he gets

Years
    You want red? You'll get red! XD

Chapter 14: Oppurtunity's Grasp

?Cerulean City Gym?

I read the painted letters on one wall of the gym. The gym looked bigger than the one in Pewter city. The walls outside were decorated with blue paint and drawings of water Pokemon. Some I know, some I don?t. I was in front of the gym doors. I pushed open the bright blue doors as I went inside. Inside, I was directly in front of a large pool with two plastic buoys floating on both ends. The smell inside smelled like the ocean rather than chlorine. The bleachers were wet and the spotlights were dim.

?A challenger!? A familiar voice called.

I looked on the opposite end to see the girl I met earlier downtown. She was still wearing the same clothes and was holding up her Pikachu. She was wearing a huge grin and her stare was fixed on me.

?You?? I gasped. ?You?re the gym leader??

?Yeah I am!? She said as her voice echoed around the gym. ?I was hoping for a good challenger anyways.?

?H-How old are you?? I asked in amazement.

?Seven,? She replied gleefully.

She let go of her Pikachu and let it rest for a while.

?Seven? Isn?t that too-?

?Battle or buzz off!? She interrupted.

?Ok, ok. Tell me the rules.?

?One on one. Single battle. No items?. and umm?? She replied counting her fingers as she said the rules.

?And?um?um?? She said looking up and trying to remember.

?Ready??

?Not yet! Just give me a minute?? She yelled back. ?Now what was the other one mom said?? She muttered.

?Melissa? Melissa!? Called a man?s voice. ?There you are young lady!?

Out in a corridor, a tall man with dark messy hair that pointed everywhere appeared. He was wearing a red shirt and khaki shorts. His sandals made sounds as he took steps running towards Melissa.

?Da-d!? Melissa called painfully as her father tugged her arm.

?Your mommy told you not to battle trainers. You?re too young, see.? He scolded.

?Aw dad, I can take care of Pika and Gyara. I can battle trainers. Just this once!? She pleaded as she pointed to the Pikachu, now sleeping.

?C?mere!? Her dad said as he carried Melissa on his shoulders.

Melissa laughed as her father walked towards me.

?Sorry ?bout that?? He said eyeing me. ?My daughter?s kinda likes to battle trainers when the leader?s away.?

?Um, no problem. I?m just here for the challenge. Are you the leader?? I asked.

?Nope,? He replied. ?But my wife is. Say, you look familiar.?

?Huh??

He placed Melissa down, who ran quickly up to Pika. The man looked up at me closer and eyed me suspiciously.

?Do you know Green?? He asked.

?Green? He?s my da-?

?It?s you!? He yelled. ?You?ve grown up all these days!?

I was confused for a minute but my senses returned quickly.

?Name?s Red.? He said as he took my hand quickly and shook it.

?You know my dad??

?Well, he?s kind of a rival.? He replied as I noticed Melissa running up to Red holding Pika.

?Daddy, do you know him?? She asked tugging Red?s shirt.

?Well, he?s Daddy?s friend?s son.? He replied smiling.

Melissa peered at me suspiciously as she hid behind her father.

?Red?? A woman?s voice called from the corridor.

?I?m here, Mist!? He called back. ?Come here, hurry!?

Out came a red haired woman who was slightly shorter than Red. She had long bright red hair that she let untied. She was wearing a white jacket and blue denim shorts. She too, was wearing sandals.

?What is it, Red?? She asked.

?Misty, doesn?t he look familiar?? Red said as he pointed at me.

Misty looked closer at me and gasped.

?He looks like Green!? She exclaimed. ?You?re Gary, right??

?Yeah?? I replied with my voice trailing off.

?Wow! You?ve grown since I last saw you!? She said as she walked closer.

I had a confused look on my face. I didn?t exactly understand what she said.

?Last time we saw you, you were just a baby.? Red said as he smiled.

?Oh, I just didn?t remember. Sorry.? I replied quickly.

?Aw, you don?t need to be sorry,? Misty, said as she glanced at Melissa, she was now behind her mother tugging her jacket.

?Melissa, what is it?? Misty asked.

?Mommy, who is the guy?? She asked shyly as she looked quickly at me.

?Well, I told you didn?t I?? Red said as he leaned towards Melissa. ?He?s Gary, my friend?s son.?

?So does that make him my friend too?? She asked.

?Yeah he does, you shouldn?t be hiding like this.? Misty replied.

?Oh yeah, you were looking for a challenge, weren?t you?? Red asked when he noticed my eyes looking around the gym.

?Yeah,?

?Alright, I won?t take it easy even if you?re a friend.? Misty smiled.

~*~*~*~​

?Three on three, single battle.? Misty announced as I readied my Pokeballs.

?Ok, I?m ready.? I replied.

Red and Melissa were sitting at the bleachers watching anxiously. Melissa?s Pikachu was sitting next to her watching lazily.

?Good,? Misty smirked as she took out a blue Pokeball.

?Seaking!? She said as she threw into the water.

Out came a red fish Pokemon. I?ve seen a lot of Seakings at the Pallet town lab, so I bet I know what I?m doing.

?Go, Abby!? I yelled throwing out my Pokeball.

My Pokeball landed on one of the floating buoys and out came Abby with her head tucked on one hand.

?Nice, you do know those things can?t attack, right?? Misty asked.

?I know Abby,? I replied. ?I used her to beat Brock.?

Misty had a satisfied look on her face.

?Ok, Seaking, use horn attack!? she commanded.

Seaking dived down deeper into the water. I could see its shadowy outline from above heading straight towards Abby.

?Abby, teleport!?

Abby teleported the moment Seaking jumped with its head aiming at Abby. It missed and its horn was planted into the buoy, trapped. Abby teleported into the other buoy poised for an attack.

?No, Seaking!? Misty yelled.

?Abby, confusion!?

?What??

Abby immediately sent out a huge confusion wave that knocked out Seaking from being trapped and into the water.

?How can your Abra attack?? Misty asked.

?I don?t know. She already has that attack when I got her.? I replied quickly.

?Mommy, don?t give up!? Melissa yelled as she jumped up and down. Red was looking at Abby deep in thought.

?I won?t, sweetie!? Misty replied waving at her. ?Seaking, use whirlpool!?

The water began to swirl as a vortex in center began to appear. The buoys circled around the pool wildly as Abby held tightly to the buoy.

?Got to think quick?? I muttered concentrating hard.

The whirlpool circled faster and faster.

?Abby, teleport on top and use confusion!? I yelled.

It might be crazy to do something I thought, but I was sure Abby felt the same. Abby teleported above, floating, and launched another massive confusion attack. The attack was so powerful, it parted the water for a while, sending water all over. Abby returned back to the buoy that was now calmly floating in front of me.

?Seaking!? Misty cried as Seaking, now fainted, floated above water.

?No,? I heard a horrified gasp from Melissa. Red remained silent.

Misty returned Seaking back to its Pokeball.

?You?re pretty tough,? Misty breathed as she took out another Pokeball. ?Go, Lapras!?

?Whoa!? I gasped as a Lapras came out and dived under water and then came out to the surface with a deafening cry. This was the first I?ve seen an actual one.

?Awesome!? I cried, breathless.

?Cool isn?t it?? I heard Melissa say on one side of the gym.

I nodded and gripped my hands. I know that Lapras are strong, but how strong?

?Ready?? Misty called.

I nodded and readied myself.

?Lapras, ice beam!? Misty commanded.

?Abby, teleport and try a confusion!?

Abby teleported with enough time to dodged Lapras? attack. The ice beam froze the water around but not from al the pool. Abby reappeared on the second buoy and sent out a confusion attack. The attack was a direct hit but Lapras doesn?t seem to be affected and shook of the attack.

?No?? I gasped.

?Lapras has good special defense. So, don?t think using psychic attacks on it.? Misty said with her arms folded. ?Lapras, Dive!?

Lapras dived underwater and circled around Abby. Its blue outline was swift as it circled effortlessly.

?Abby?? I whispered not knowing what to do.

?It?s alright, I trust in you.? Came her whisper.

?Abby, I can?t?I can?t think.? I thought as I wiped a drop of sweat off my forehead.

?Abby, Confusion on the water!?

She sent out another wave of confusion that hit Lapras directly.

?That won?t do any,? Misty muttered. ?Attack now, Lapras!?

Something happened I never expected. Lapras didn?t attack but sank deeper into the pool.

?Lapras?? Misty called.

Lapras resurfaced on one side swaying its head side to side crying out loud.

?Oh no,? Misty Gasped. ?It?s confused.?

?Yeah! Now?s our chance, Abby!? I yelled. ?Use another confusion!?

Abby sent out another wave that seemed to slap Lapras of its balance.

?Lapras, Body Slam!?

Lapras lunged forward and leapt but was off target a few feet away. It crashed and created waves that shook the buoy.

?Hang on, Abby! Confusion!?

Another confusion collided into Lapras. This time, it made Lapras fell of its balance and stayed for a while under water. A few seconds went by that felt like hours to me. Then, all of the sudden, Lapras resurfaced once more badly bruised.

?Lapras!? I heard Melissa call.

?Use body slam!? It was the last thing I heard when Lapras lunged forward and crashed into Abby.

?Abby!? I yelled as Lapras resurfaced along with the buoy. ?Abby!?

?I?m sorry?master?? I heard her faintly whisper.

?Abby, return!? With a bright red flash, Abby returned to her Pokeball.

?It?s all right, you did a good job.? I whispered as I took out another Pokeball.

?You?re quite a challenge,? I heard Misty say. ?You are gifted with Pokemon Battling. Never seen anyone battle like you.?

?Thanks,? I said slightly blushing.

?Shall we continue??

?Ok, Sage! Do it!? I said as I threw my Pokeball. Sage flew up in prime form ready for battle. It landed on top of the buoy that was iced before by Lapras.

I noticed red on the sidelines looking very seriously examining Sage. Melissa was gripping the handles staring at Sage. Maybe that was the first time she saw a Pidgeotto.

?Nice,? Misty muttered. ?Lapras, Ice Beam!?

?Sage, dodge it and use gust!?

Lapras sent out another blue beam that hit the already frozen buoy. Luckily, Sage managed to dodge it. Sage flew up high and sent out a strong gust of wind. Powerful winds created huge waves that crashed on the weakening Lapras.

?Lapras, dive underwater!?

Lapras dived once more underwater with its blue outline faintly showing.

?Get ready for a razor wind!? I yelled to Sage.

Sage flapped its wings that created more strong gusts. The water was wild as if it was in the middle of the storm. I could see Lapras? outline underwater struggling to swim.

?Lapras, attack!?

Without hesitation, Lapras jumped up high almost hitting Sage.

?Ice Beam!?

?Razor Wind!?

Both attacks were too fast and I barely saw anything amidst the battle. Water was everywhere and it was misty all over.

?Sage??

The mist cleared away to see Sage fine. Lapras, now fainted, took Sage?s Razor wind in full blast.

?No! You can?t loose mommy!? Melissa called as she shook her fist in the air. One hand gripping the handlebars.

? I won?t honey,? She smiled as she returned Lapras.

I sighed once more as I gripped my sweaty palm. This is it. Her last Pokemon.

?This won?t be easy,? She said. ?Starmie!?

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    This gets even better and better! Nice to see Red :cool:
    Nice name for their daughter. She's just as fiesty as her mother :laugh:

cant wait to read more :cool:

Years
    Chapter 15: Oppurtunity's grasp (Part 2)​

I remember seeing a Staryu once at my aunt?s lab, but never a Starmie before. I remembered my aunt telling me once that these were to a very powerful type of Pokemon. I couldn?t just remember.

?Starmie, thunder wave!? Misty commanded.

Starmie sent out a yellow wave of electricity towards Sage. I was too slow to react when the electricity wrapped around Sage.

?Sage, shake it off!? I yelled.

Sage tried to struggle but to no avail. The wave wrapped around Sage tighter and tighter. Starmie stopped after Sage was already limp and tried hopping around the buoy.

?Sage, fly up!?

Sage tried to flap its wings but found out that they were paralyzed.

?Good,? Misty muttered. ?Rapid Spin!?

Starmie leapt from the water and spun around. It lunged forward towards Sage.

?Sage, dodge it!?

I was too late. The attack connected and Sage was pushed of into the water.

?Sage, fly up!? Sage surfaced and flapped its numb wings. He flew up wildly and uncontrollably while Starmie returned underwater.

?Sage, use gust your gust!?

Sage did so but the effect of the thunder wave only made him fall to the buoy.

?Starmie, Surf!?

A huge tide appeared. The tide increased in size as it traveled half way through the pool. I was too slow to call out an attack when the waves crashed on Sage. I clenched my fist and waited for a sign.

?Go mommy!? I hear Melissa cheer.

My mind raced as I waited. Suddenly, I could see a small movement. Sage resurfaced and looked injured but it tried to fly. I could see blood trickling from its wing. I could his heart beating slowly and his desire to defeat.

?Sage, you can?t do this. Come back!? I said as I returned Sage. This left me to one choice left.

?Blaze, win this for me!? I said as I threw my Pokeball.

Misty did not say anything but I know that she was thinking fast. I had an idea as well.

?Blaze, use ember on the water!?

?What?? I looked up at Red and he was standing up with clenched hands on the bars like Melissa.

?Don?t waste your time doing that,? Misty said looking at Blaze. ?Starmie, rapid spin!?

Starmie resurfaced and spun around Blaze. Blaze looked around with its sharp eyes trying to keep an eye on Starmie. Just then, Starmie attacked.

?Blaze dodg?? I was too late. The attack hit Blaze and almost him off his balance.

?Scratch it, Blaze! Before it goes back on the water!?

Blaze managed to scratch Starmie and left a huge gash on it.

?Starmie, go to the buoy!? Misty called.

?Huh??

Misty really wanted to be attacked by Blaze?

I glanced at Red. He was once again, sitting with his hand over his mouth, thinking.

?Finish him off, Mommy!?

?Starmie, use swift!? She commanded.

Stars appeared from Starmie and flew up to Blaze. The stars hit Blaze but he just shook them off.

?Blaze, use ember!? I yelled.

Blaze sent out a powerful ember attack towards Starmie. Starmie took the attack in a full blow but it just slightly burned it.

?Starmie, rapid spin!?

?Blaze, catch it!?

Starmie spun around and charged Blaze. It was too late for Misty to call an attack when Blaze caught Starmie.

?Crush Claw!? I yelled.

?What?!?

Blaze threw up Starmie and slashed it twice with its heavy claws. Starmie flew from the impact and hit the wall. The gem on its middle was cracked from Blaze?s Crush Claw. However, it stood up again and tried to recover.

?That?s enough!? I heard Misty call. She returned Starmie back to its Pokeball.

?Mommy!? Melissa called as she ran up to her. ?Why did you loose mommy??

?Melissa, It?s ok to loose.? She said as she kneeled down at her.

Red came down and approached Misty. ?Nice battle Mist,?

I returned Blaze still confused why Misty recalled Starmie that fast.

?I?m honored to battle you,? Misty said as she approached me and shook my hand.

?Thanks,? I replied. ?But why did you recall Starmie at once??

?Oh I just felt you were going to win. You did recall Sage before I can finish it off.? She smiled.

?You?re a natural!? Red said approaching me with Melissa at his back. ?Never seen anyone battle like you.?

?Thanks,? I said blushing and scratching my head.

?By the way, do you know your father?s Pokemon??

?Um, no?not exactly. I haven?t met him yet.?

Red was silent at first but then smiled.

?It?s funny though,? He said. ?You own exactly three of you Father?s Pokemon. A Charmeleon, A Pidgeotto and an Abra.?

?Really?? I exclaimed. ?Oh yeah, Red??

?Huh??

?Can you?can you tell me about my dad??

Red?s face was sullen and looked at Misty.

?Melissa, can you go over there and play with Pika and mommy for a while?? He said.

?Red?? I heard Misty whisper.

Red nodded and Misty guided Melissa out.

?I?m sorry?but?you?re too young to know.? He solemnly said.

?Red, is my dad dea-??

?No, and yet I don?t know if he is?? He whispered. ?Listen, I?m sure you?ll find him someday but for now?for now?? He paused. ?He?s a great guy. If there?s one loyal husband and a good father, Green is.?

?Is he-is he really??

Red nodded slowly.

?But why?why did he leave me and mom?? I asked.

Red stayed silent without saying a word. He looked down and didn?t say anything more when I asked him more questions.

~*~*~*~

?You?re heading to Vermilion, right?? Misty said. ?You sure you don?t want to stay for a while??

?Yeah, I?m sure. I need to get there anyway.?

?Gary,? Red said.

?Huh??

?I?m sorry I can?t tell you much about your father.?

?No, that?s ok.? I said.

?Here you go.? Melissa said as she handed me a Cascade Badge.

?Thanks,? I said as I took it.

?Just watch, Gary. I?ll go out soon and be a good trainer like Daddy, Mommy and you!?

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    another great chapter. learned a little more about Green :cool:
    Cant wait to read more.

BTW, I gave ya the 5 stars :bandit:

Years
    Warning: Due to some graphic content in this chapter, I am ratin gthis chapter a PG-13. If you're a kid that gets scared easily by violence, blood, gore etc... don't read this. You have been warned!

Chapter 16: Darkened Ambitions

?Hey kid!?

?Wha-?? I muttered as I rubbed my eyes.

?Get off my tree! You?ve been sleeping on it for an hour now!?

I stood up feeling dizzy and confused. I looked around trying to find the person calling me.

?Huh? W-where are you??

?Over here, kid! Now walk off!?

I looked up to see a blue haired man with dark clothes sitting comfortably on a branch and looking down at me with his pale blue eyes.

?You heard me!?

?Alright, alright.? I said as I walked limply away from the tree.

I was just resting when I suddenly heard that voice. I slowly walked away rubbing my aching head and looking around.

?What are you waiting for? Scram!? He yelled as he leapt down from the branch.

?I am!? I yelled back. ?Stop yelling at me!?

He had his arms folded and I noticed that a dark cape covered his clothes.

?Hey,? I called.

?Huh??

?You know where Vermillion is?? I asked staying a clear distance away from him.

?Vermillion?? He muttered as he placed his hand under his chin into a thinking position. ?Take that underground pass over there or walk through Saffron?

?Ok, thanks?? I muttered as I turned and continued to walk.

~*~*~*~

?Strange,? I muttered to myself as I walked around a field that was basically empty. The trees and the tell grass swayed with the wind as I walked through the field. I couldn?t find any underground passage, so I decided to take the route through Saffron.

As I walked, I heard a whisper. I looked around and saw nothing. I ignored it and continued walking. More whispers came. They were talking fast. As seconds passed by, it was getting faster and louder. I tried to ignore it but it was too much to ignore. Then, I felt a sharp pain in my head.

?Ahhh!? I yelled as I kneeled to the ground clutching my head.

The pain was growing in intensity and it was getting more painful. The whispers were loud now, and I can understand what they were saying.

?Humans are weak, humans are easily corrupted, humans are weak, humans are easily corrupted??

It continued on and on and did not stop. The pain grew and my whole body was aching. I could not breathe as I tried to catch my breath.

?Help,? I whispered as I clutched my throat. ?Please??

?Humans are weak?? The whispers were closer now. ?Humans are easily corrupted,? I could not stand it anymore; I closed my eyes tight and yelled as loud as I can. ?Humans are fragile and weak?

?No, no, NO!? I yelled as hard as I could but no sound came out.

?GOLD!? a girl yelled as a body was thrown to the ground. ?Gold! NO!?

?Monster!? Yelled a boy from somewhere?

It was clear now and everything was gloomy. A boy?s mangled body was lying on the ground. Near him, a blue haired girl was crying and her arms were around the boy?s body. Five other trainers were behind them, each with an expression of horror and grief. Beyond them, was a man. Its icy tentacles wriggled as slithered around him and his face eyes were glaring and an evil grin was across his face. Behind him, two small, winged green Pokemon with slits for eyes and a purple aura was wrapped around them. In front of him, three Pokemon were growling and roaring. They too, are wafted in a purple aura.

?Gold, you can?t die!? The blue haired girl sobbed as she held Gold tightly.

The man laughed. His icy impression matched his cold laugh. His laugh echoed through the woods.

?What did you do to him?? Asked the red haired boy.

?What else? I killed him!? The man laughed as his icy tentacles roamed round the forest. His whole body seems to be covered in ice. ?He was a fool, too. Charging at me with that weak Pokemon.?

Silver gripped his fists and gritted his teeth. He was ready to run up to Pryce but was stopped.

?Silver, don?t do it!? Blue cried as she held Silver?s arm.

?Blue, Gold failed. All I can do is to take over. You hear me?? He said as he took off his arm from Blue?s grasp.

?Then?then I?m coming with you!? Blue stammered as tears formed in her eyes.

Pryce sent out another icy laugh.

?You? You two think that both of you can stop me??

Silver and Blue were silent. Red and Green were watching from behind horrified. Yellow covered her mouth as tears started to stream from her eyes.

Pryce laughed again.

?You know, it was by pure luck this happened. If I could not have caught this second Celebi, this would not be happening.?

Silver glared at Pryce as he gripped his Pokeball.

?Silver, Blue,? Pryce called. ?Join me once more! I shall spare your lives if you do.?

Silver tightened his grip. ?What about our friends??

?Oh them?? Pryce chuckled. ?Don?t worry about them. They are useless in our realm now. If you wish, I can exterminate them in the most excruciating of ways.?

?Silver, no!? Red called as he ran up to him. ?Don?t do this!?

?So what is it, Silver? Blue? I can give you all the riches of this world. Everything you both desire. If you just join me once more!?

Silver lowered his head.

?You creep!? Blue yelled. ?You want me and Silver to join you and you think that we would just leave our friends behind!?

Raikou, Sicune and Entei growled and inched forward as Blue screamed. Their sharp teeth protruded as they growled.

?Controlling these beast is just my mere task. Now that you have declined my offer, you have sealed your fate!? Pryce said as his icy tentacles unwrapped around him. ?Die!?

His icy tentacle shot forward and headed toward Blue. The moment went faster than expected, but the deed was done. Crystal was standing in front of Blue. The icy tentacle pierced her chest and came out from her back.

?Crys!? The unison of cries deafened the forest.

?I?m?sorry?? Crys whispered as she fell to the ground with tears streaming from her eyes. ?I just?just wanted to be strong?like?Gold?? She closed her eyes and smiled.

?Foolish girl,? Pryce muttered as he withdrew his tentacle from Crys? lifeless body.

?I?m never going to forgive you!? Silver shouted as he took out his Pokeball.

?My, my,? Pryce said lazily as Pokeballs floated in mid-air.

?Our Pokeballs!? Green yelled as he glanced at everyone else?s Pokeballs.

?You won?t be needing these.? With a swift motion, Pryce sent out a wave of ice shards heading towards Silver and Blue. This time, there was no one to block the merciless attack. Yellow looked away as both her friends fell to the ground.

?Blue! Silver!?

Silver tried to stand up holding his bloody abdomen. Sweat dripped from his forehead as he struggled.

?I?m?not?giving up!? Silver gasped as he clasped his bloodied arm.

?Hehe? you are quite strong,? Pryce chuckled. ?Just what I?m expecting.?

Pryce sent out another wave of ice shards towards Silver. Silver could barely stand up as the sharp crystals dug into his body. The three beasts circled around him growling and roaring ready to pounce.

?Leave him!? Pryce said. ?Let him reach me.?

All three step backwards watching Silver walk cautiously towards Pryce.

?Silver!? Red and Green ran up to him but were stopped by the three beasts.

?You?you?will pay??

?Please, STOP!? Yellow shouted as she ran next to Red and Green. Tears poured from her eyes. ?Silver, don?t do it!?

?Shut up!? Silver replied sharply. ?This?this is mine??

?And what do you think you can do?? Pryce laughed as Silver stood in front of him.

?Si?Silver?.? A weak voice called.

Silver looked back to see Blue ? bloody and weak.

?Blue?? Silver gasped.

?Please?Silver?don?t?

?Strong are you both?? Pryce muttered. ?Fine?both of you will perish!?

?Watch out!? Green yelled as he took Yellow hand and dragged Red by his jacket.

?What the-?

A loud explosion was heard as the three ran for their lives.

?Silver and Blue, we can?t just leave-?

?Its no use,? Green interrupted Yellow. ?We?ll die if we don?t run!?

?Hey, let go of the jacket!? Red shouted as he struggled from Green?s grasp.

?Why are you two stopping?? Green yelled as Yellow let go of Green?s hand.

?We saw our friends die, doesn?t that mean anything to you?? Yellow whispered as she tried to hold back her tears.

?I know how it feels, Yellow. I couldn?t stop things from happening. The only thing we could do is run!?

?And let that maniac destroy the world?? Red yelled. ?I?d rather die!?

Three howls were heard deep within the forest.

?They?re after us!? Green muttered.

?No?but? how can we outrun them?? Yellow gasped.

?It?s all over?? Red muttered. ?We can?t do anything without our Pokemon??

?Look, if we all just hide, maybe we can think of a plan.?

?Like what??

?Listen, if you two won?t stop complaining, we?d be better off dead with those things.?

There were loud scuffling noises and the panting of breaths. The beasts closed in every second. Green glanced over at Yellow and Red. Both had an expression of horror.

?Let?s go!? Green yelled.

Both remained unable to move. Frustrated, Green grabbed both and began to run again.

?It?s no use! We can?t outrun them!?

?Never say-? Green was interrupted when he faced a solid wall. Dead end.

?No!? Green muttered as he punched his fist on the wall.

Yellow sat on the ground covering her mouth; tears still continued to stream down her face. She felt weak as she sobbed silently. Red leaned against the vine-covered wall and looked down with his fists clenched.

?We got to find away! Don?t give up!?

?Heh, what a hopeful boy,? Pryce said as he approached them. The two Celebis were behind him and Raikou, Entei and Suicune up at front of him.

?You really think you can escape me??

Yellow stood up and backed against the wall with Green and Red. Pryce approached slowly with each deafening stomp. His icy tentacles whirred around him as he took a step. Pryce laughed.

?Which to go first?? He sang as his tentacles reeled closer on the three.

Green started to move but the beasts surrounded them immediately.

?No escaping now,? Pryce laughed. ?I should finish this quickly.?

Two tentacles launched forward towards Yellow.

?You?re not touching her!? Green yelled as he pushed Yellow away. The tentacles missed both Yellow and Green as they hit the wall and created to whole marks.

?Too predictable?? Laughed Pryce. ?Not so!?

The tentacles reeled from the wall and grabbed Yellow and Green?s feet.

?No!? Red yelled as he hesitated but was stopped by the beasts.

Green held Yellow as the two were dragged towards Pryce.

?You?re not dying today! Not now!? Green growled as he struggled to break the tentacles.

?It?s no use. Today is the day you all will die!?

The tentacles grew bigger and wider that entangled around Green and Yellow. The two were separated and raised upside down. The tentacles started to constrict around them as they screamed.

?Green, Yellow!? Red yelled as he broke through. He ran up to them and started punching Pryce?s icy armor.

?Let them go!? He yelled as he punched harder and harder. ?Let them go!? Red?s hands started to bleed as he kept punching. With a swift motion, Pryce sent a kick towards Red?s stomach. Red was sent flying back to the wall.

Blood began to leek from Green and Yellow?s mouths as the icy hands continued to constrict them.

?You?can?t die?not now?? Green whispered as he tried to catch his breath.

Pryce laughed again, it was a loud mocking laughter that was heard from the edges of the forest.

?Do you honestly believe you two will survive??

?I?do?I believe so?she?Yellow?? Green breathed as he tried to breathe.

Yellow?s eyes were closed with tears flowing from them. Blood was coming from her mouth, too.

?Green?I?m sorry?but?? She sobbed.

Red struggled to get up but his legs were weak. All he could do is watch his friends die.

?I?m sorry?? Yellow cried.

Green smiled and closed his eyes. He stopped breathing and stopped struggling.

?He?s so weak, he even died before you!? Pryce laughed as he threw Green?s lifeless body away.

?Yellow!? Red gasped as he tried to stand up once more.

?Silence!? Pryce yelled sending an icy tentacle towards Red. Unable to move, the icy tentacle struck Red.

?Re-red!? Yellow gasped as she coughed. ?Red! No!?

Red was still alive ?barely as the icy tentacle withdrew from his body.

?Red?? Yellow whispered as more tears came from her eyes.

?Still alive?? Pryce asked as he gripped his icy hands around Yellow.

Yellow did not scream or say another word. She silently closed her eyes and said no more.

?Y-yellow?? Red gasped as h tried to stand up.

?Alive aren?t you? Well, let me tell you this now. It?s the end for you and it?s better to surrender and die peacefully. Stay standing and I assure you that your death will be painful.?

Red remained standing clutching his bloody abdomen.

Pryce laughed and sent icy chills around the forest.

?Fine, be it your way!? He said as he let go of Yellow?s lifeless body. ?These beasts have a taste for blood now.?

Red backed up as the three beasts walked closer and closer?

?GET OFF HIM!!!? I heard someone yell.

I found myself lying on the ground with tears coming gout of my eyes. I tried to speak but a stammer only came out of my throat.

?I said, get off!? repeated the voice. ?Fenrir, hydro pump!?

A loud powerful blast of water came near me as I heard footsteps coming towards me.

?Kid, you all right?? asked the man. It was the same blue haired man that I met earlier.

I didn?t reply but just nodded.

?Good,? he said as he placed me on his shoulders and ran off. Behind him, I could see Drowzees and Hypnos wrapped with a dark aura around them?a dark aura?

To Be Continued

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
    Very moving chapter. That flashback was very emotional. Cant wait to read more. Great job! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2014
    This story is cool! I always knew that old fart was evil;with his stupid sliding ice puzzles...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back