• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2009
I've been trying and trying for a whole day now and I can't get any flags to work. Even if I set one to make a trainer go away after the first gym leader, it still doesnt work. Am I going about this wrong? I want an overworld/event to not be there after you win against them in a trainer battle. I don't know if I have the script out of order or something...but it just doesnt work. Help please...I'm getting kind of frustrated with this...thanks.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
For the Gym Leader music...

I asked if the offsets you were searching is either for free space for new music to be inserted, or the offsets of the Gym Leader's music instruments.

Either which, there are tutorials in the Documents and Tutorials.

Years
Helli another question.
I want the hero to start his adventure not in littleroot, but a own made town.
How do I do that ?
Also how do I change the event's on the start?

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
I'm new to the forum, but I must say there are some very fascinating hacks here on the board, and some very talented hackers, script writers, and graphic designers.

Anyway, I have a fairly basic question, I'm looking to make a basic hack to Silver/Gold version, or Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I was wondering how to change the starter Pokemon into custom Pokemon? I just need some basic guidance on how to change the names of Pokemon, and how to import new Sprites and overwrite existing ones.

I'm hoping there's a program that allows for simple importing of .PNG files, I found one called "unLZ" that changes the graphics, but I haven't looked far enough into it to know if it'll change the name. From what I can tell however.. it'll only edit Fire Red and Leaf Green, and I was really hoping to be able to edit some other games so I have some options.

I don't know if the question has already been answered, but I apologize greatly if it has, I don't want to stir up any anger in the members here with my first post. .__.;

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2008
Trainer's Tool

Tried searching everywhere but could not find anything.
Is there a tool that will let you edit your party pokemon
e.g. their level, gender, happiness etc.

All I can seem to find are tools that can change other trainers pokemon!!
Thanks in advance!!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Hey, I'm having a problem with Warps. This might sound very noobish, but I haven't done Warps much in the 2 years that I've been hacking (I kind of cheated ^.^).

Anyway, this is my Warping problem...

When I enter my cave, I appear like THIS. Downwards.

But, that's not the big problem... I just can't get back. The Warp is there, the Movement Permissions settings are the exact same as other caves in the game, but the warp still doesn't work.

Years
I have a question.
I´ve added an hidden item, and now I wanna block it with a cut tree.
But how do i add one ?
And also how do I add visible Pokeballs with an item inside?
Thanks.

Moi.

I think I got ownt.
Years
Crossel to get the tree you just out down another sprite, the tree one. im not sure if you have to script cut or if its a different movement premission in A-map, just check were another cut is and copy the scipt/movement permission to the place you want the tree.

The visible pokeballs are also sprites with a script on them.

Years
haha I tried what you said, and my tree ran of with this mark ! =P
I probally did something wrong.
Edit: I got it to work, thanks man =)

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
Thank you for helping me in verifying and figuring out what other program I needed to use. =D

Unfortunately, I have another minor little problem. I've created graphics for the Pokemon, managed to change them through unLZ-GBA, however whenever I select the Pokemon from Professor Oak, or even checking the Pokemon via the "Summary" option in the main menu of the game...

...My Pokemon's graphics are slightly off. The sprite remains fine and unchanged (minus a few color differences), but I've noticed a few glitchy pixels underneath it. Upon importing the graphics I made sure that I had the boxes checked, and I made sure it was the same height and width. However the pixelated gunk still remains.

Any suggestions? O.o;

Years
  • Seen Aug 31, 2008
I tried, I can save the graphic and it actually shows the blocks and pixels at the bottom of the sprite. I edit over them with the background color and they simply reappear again once reinserted.

Do I dare try changing the size of my canvas and going up above the pixelated gunk?

I'm fairly certain that would mess things up even worse. =\

Maybe I should try editing another Pokemon? Perhaps I messed up somewhere else and just don't know it? .___.;

Maybe unLZ-GBA just hates Squirtle. T-T

Edit: So I directly edited the Squirtle Sprite, gave him a little horn, imported it, and it was fine. Turned the horn into a mohawk, and found that when I saved that file made the same pixelated crap underneath my sprite. Does it have anything to do with direct file size do you think? Cause, it was fine with just that twelve pixel edit, but not fine with a bigger than twelve pixel, but still small edit. I'm deeply confused. I can restrict myself to only using 16 colors, that's fine. But, I used the same colors found on Squirtle, didn't change one single color, and now it's telling me it won't work. I don't think I can fully show some artistic capabilities if I'm forced with such limitations. T__T

Halp? Anyone? I'll bow to anyone for teaching me such basics, and I'm sorry for being such a Rom editing Newbie. *bricked*

Last edited:

El Moss

General Cool Guy
Years
Hey, I'm new to scripting and think that my question is simple enough, I've started making a hack, I'll put it in the showcase if it goes well and I want to make a script when you enter the downstairs part of your house, I'm using PKSV so for the most part it's pretty straight forward but I want to know how to make the script affect another event (Your mom... Innit, lol) and then affect your character's movement at the same time/before/afterwards.

Oh, I was also wondering if it's possible to edit the effects , animations, power, etc. of moves or abilities or just add new ones... How?
The same goes for TMs/HMs

And what do I write for it to say my or my rival's name?

I know I'm a scripting noob...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back