• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Guardians of Aura - Riolu & Lucario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Name: Mr. Avocado
Why do you wish to join? (optional): lucaslucario

Answer a topic
:
If we were to pair Lucario with any other Pokémon while battling, which would it be?

Probably Mega Gyarados, because it can, with Dragon Dance set up, possibly OHKO the Ground-types that pose a threat to Lucario depending on how bulky they are. Earthquake is the most common move for disposing of Lucario as it is super effective and it's defensive stats are relatively low. Since Lucario is a Fighting-type, it is weak to Flying and Psychic-types. Therefore, with Gyarados knowing Dragon Dance, Waterfall, Ice Fang and Crunch, it can deal with anything that poses a threat to Lucario, including the Fire-type threat. Lucario and M-Gyarados should be able to punch big holes into the opponent's team with their attacking prowess, with the possibility of sweeping, even more so when allowed to set up.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
Years
Name: kingdenas
Why do you wish to join: Because Lucario is my favourite pokémon(I like riolu too)and I want to talk /share opinions about them!
What do you like most about Riolu and Lucario?

They have a good move set, good attack.I like them too because they are "The Guardians of Aura" and they have a GREAT relationship with their trainer!They have cool designs too ;)

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Lucas!

Yeah, pairing up with Gyarados does sound like a good idea. Both are good physical sweepers, and together, they would be able to take opposing Pokémon down with a blink of an eye. Though, only thing that concerns me is that both are physical-based, and can be blocked by walls such as Skarmory and possibly Ferrothorn. Put this aside, however, they seem like a good duo.

Welcome to you too, Kingdenas! I agree, Riolu and Lucario do have pretty nice designs. They're meant to be a fighter with aspects of a fox mixed in, and from looks of it, they seemed to have done some nice job into that. I'm hugely fond of their color-scheme, personally; blue and dark-gray seem to fit very nicely, if you ask me.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
Name: *Riolu Master*
Why do you wish to join? (optional): Riolu is my favorite Pokemon and I was in the Riolu/Lucario club before this one.
Answer a topic: If we were to pair Lucario with any other Pokémon while battling, which would it be?: I've always imagined Lucario or Riolu to team up with an Absol. Their appearances are just perfect for each other I'm not sure about battle strategies but they both have mega forms.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Welcome to the club, Master; it's good to see you! Yeah, Lucario and Absol would make a good team-up. In terms of battling, I suppose one is quick enough to help set things up, and other has more physical strength and whatnot to take care of things in terms of damaging? Appearance-wise, they do make a good pair, I agree; their theme is dark-like, which does click, haha. Anyhow, I'll proceed and introduce a new topic to ourselves!

If we were to recolor Lucario and Riolu, which colors would we choose them to make? Why are we selecting them? Would we imagine them to look better like this, and if so, how would they, precisely?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Let's bump this up, everyone; we need to get our club going! Now, to answer my own topic...

If we were to recolor Lucario and Riolu, which colors would we choose them to make?
Personally, I'm strongly fond of their current color-scheme. However, if it were up to me to change them, even by a bit, I would likely swap all its blues with reds.

Although this would likely cause Lucario and Riolu resemble Zoroark line more, likely taking the original feel away from them (or vice-versa), I feel it would still be a good alternative. I've seen an artwork of Lucario before with red, yellow, and black color-scheme (wish I were able to find link to the piece, but unfortunately, I can't), and it seemed to have suit the Pokémon without much trouble at all.

Another option I'm considering is white and dark gray. These palettes are similar to those of Absol's, but on Lucario, I would imagine things to turn out quite different. In these colors, I believe this Pokémon would look quite nice. Sadly, there might not be any art out there of Lucario in this color-scheme, but if I find any, I'll be sure to share!

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
If we were to recolor Lucario and Riolu, which colors would we choose them to make?

Shiny Charizard

I really think a black Lucario of some kind would be cool. It could be thought of as a darker form so to speak.

jessluvstolaugh

Video game maniac
Years
Name: jessluvstolaugh
Reason: I love Lucario and Riolu! They are both so cute! And they are also great battle companions!
Topic: I love Lucario! Who wouldn't love a bipedal jackal- like pokemon? His design is pretty sweet. It looks like he is wearing Hammer time pants so I always name my Lucario MC Hammer lol. I wish I could have a Riolu or Lucario in real life.

I hope it's not too late to join, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back