• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite (Beta 3.0 available!)

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
  • I can't Enter the giant hole, is that a bug?
    Yep. Bug confirmed. I only wonder what's wrong with it. Expect Beta 3.1 in an hour or so.

Edit: Wait, I did it again and it let me enter it. I may be overloading the CPU with those setmaptiles, I'll try and switch it over to setmapfooter.
    Edit 2: I tried doing it about 3-4 times and the bug didn't happen. May I have your save file, just to test? You can also try leaving Bourghton and going back in (for example, fly to another city and go back if you have the HM).

Last edited:

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I have the same issue, I can't enter the hole
    This is just weird and shouldn't at all be happening. I was able to reproduce it only once. Could I please have a save file so I can see what the game's doing?
    By the way, does going to another map and returning fix the issue?

Years
  • This is just weird and shouldn't at all be happening. I was able to reproduce it only once. Could I please have a save file so I can see what the game's doing?
    By the way, does going to another map and returning fix the issue?

How can I send you the file?
    I tried it but it didn't work

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • How can I send you the file?
    I tried it but it didn't work
    Scratch that for now. I made an experimental fix, but seeing as I can't seem to get the glitch to work, I can't try them out properly. I've attached .ips patches which you should patch to the existing ROM (i.e. don't use FireRed as the clean ROM, use ObsidianBlack/PewterWhite as the clean ROM). Make sure you save outside Bourghton Village (that way the level script can run again). Note that in the worst case, this just won't fix anything; there's no way for it to break something.

Attachments

• PokemonObsidianBlack.ips
      1.7 KB · Views: 10
    • PokemonPewterWhite.ips
      1.7 KB · Views: 2

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Nope, doesn't work
    I patched it to the existing Rom but it won't let me in the hole
    Welp. No idea what's causing it, but I can at least try out a different warping method I guess. Try the IPS below and make sure to reload the map in some way (enter and exit a building).

Attachments

• Universal.ips
      14 bytes · Views: 15
    Years
    • Seen today
    Can I continue my save from beta 2?
    And which ips should I download? from the main page, post 66 or 68?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Can I continue my save from beta 2?
    And which ips should I download? from the main page, post 66 or 68?
    Yes, saves are fully compatible from Beta 2.
    You should first download Beta 3, then patch the IPS from post 68 on top of it.
    ...Or just wait ~15 minutes for me to release Beta 3.1. That way you won't need to patch twice.

Edit: Beta 3.1 is out, just 5 minutes after the estimated time too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    I've got a slight problem. I lost to the dude with the Nidoking in the Earth Tower and beat him the second time and now for some reason I can't enter the gym and my game freezes when I talk to Flan.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I've got a slight problem. I lost to the dude with the Nidoking in the Earth Tower and beat him the second time and now for some reason I can't enter the gym and my game freezes when I talk to Flan.
    Hey, sorry for answering so late. The fact you lost to him once shouldn't matter. The game's probably confusing something, I'll check it you and let you know.

Edit: There's nothing I can find by digging around the game. Flan is only shown for the event about to happen, the game should never let you move around with him being visible. The only thing I could ask about is your .sav file (save the game before sending it).

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2017
    Hey, sorry for answering so late. The fact you lost to him once shouldn't matter. The game's probably confusing something, I'll check it you and let you know.

Edit: There's nothing I can find by digging around the game. Flan is only shown for the event about to happen, the game should never let you move around with him being visible. The only thing I could ask about is your .sav file (save the game before sending it).

Okay thank you. :) No worries about the late reply though. Awesome game btw. Keep up the good work.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I had the same glitch, but I avoided it.
    I just didn't talk to Flan und got straight to the next city

I asume the Gym with the eaarth tower isn't available in this beta?
    That's the third gym and has been available since the Alpha versions.
    It's a bug which probably has something to do with Towave City being redesigned in the latest Beta.
    I don't have any saves at that point to test it though. I'd love a .sav file (it's in the same directory as the ROM, just save the game and attach it).

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2017
    I can not find the giant hole, I think there is a bug. I'm playing the white version.
    How I see the ghosts?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
    Years
  • I can not find the giant hole, I think there is a bug. I'm playing the white version.
    How I see the ghosts?
    It's no bug, you've got to go in the Rocket Lab (literally the first building you see when you enter Bourghton Village. I thought I made it obvious enough. *sigh*). Once you finish that event, you'll find Giovanni deep in the cemetery.
    And keep note of the bug which makes the game softlock if you spam buttons after the ghost roadblock is complete; just make sure you wait a couple seconds, and maybe save the game just in case.

Back