• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon ObsidianBlack & PewterWhite (Beta 3.0 available!)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
I can not find Giovanni in the cemetery. how I see the ghosts I can not go deeper.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
my Riolu is lv 35 and does not evolve, Why ?
Riolu doesn't evolve by level, it evolves at max happiness if it's daytime. You've got to turn on the real time clock so the game can know that. A guy in Lilleby Town (north of Route 6, which itself is west of Vietta City) will check the clock.

I can not find Giovanni in the cemetery. how I see the ghosts I can not go deeper.
You've got to through the Legesus event first before you can do anything in the cemetery. Go to Bourghton Village (that's east of Millstide Town) and enter the building with the R letters on it (it's located in the very northeast part of the town). Then you'll have to go through an event, after which you can go through the cemetery.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
I enter that place and Giovanni told me bla bla bla and then a girl I read a letter and told me bla bla bla and then, I went to the cemetery.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 20, 2017
that's the problem I see a hole, but I can not enter and think of Riolu is the clock that it does not work, you could put on a stone next beta for that.
That is the hole, or is it a bug?

Attachments

• poke.jpg
    poke.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 8

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
that's the problem I see a hole, but I can not enter and think of Riolu is the clock that it does not work, you could put on a stone next beta for that.
That is the hole, or is it a bug?
That bug is fixed in Beta 3.1 (at least according to other players), you've got an old version. You can also look a couple of posts up for Universal.ips and patch that to your game, it'll fix it.
I'm positive Riolu works. I don't know what timezone you're in, but it needs to be daytime for him to evolve and his friendship should be at its maximum level. Again, talk to the Time Maniac in Lilleby Town, he'll tell you if the game knows what time it is (which it should if you want your Riolu to evolve).

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
I play beta 3.1 and I couldnt enter the hole without the Universal patch.
Welp I don't know how to fix things.
I'll see if I can figure out that Towave City bug (can anyone confirm?) and release Beta 3.2.
Hopefully it fixes everything.

(releasing this update was a huge mistake)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2017
Sin%20t%C3%ADtulo.bmp

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 22, 2020
Great game, found a few bugs, one is already noted (not being able to enter the gym after the flan blue event with the earth tower), second one is that false swipe does not seem to be working, it does not leave 1 hp. last one is when i encountered scyther, in the safari part of the hole, it already had a captured notification, like I already owned one. All pretty minor things, so again great work.
One last thing, the version exclusives, can you make them more clear?

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Great game, found a few bugs, one is already noted (not being able to enter the gym after the flan blue event with the earth tower), second one is that false swipe does not seem to be working, it does not leave 1 hp. last one is when i encountered scyther, in the safari part of the hole, it already had a captured notification, like I already owned one. All pretty minor things, so again great work.
One last thing, the version exclusives, can you make them more clear?

I'm currently looking for what causes the Earth Tower bug. I'll look into False Swipe and the game not poperly registering caught Pokemon is essentially a subglitch of the Pokedex order being messed up. The versions exclusives are marked in the Ocrat Dex (linked in the last section of the main post). If thay's not clear enough, I'd gladly make a separate file fpr the exclusives. Thanks for the feedback!

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Hello! So anyone remember me? Yeah, I finally got to tracking down what exactly causes the Towave City bug and actually fixed it! You can get Beta 3.2 by clicking here, or from the the main post. By the way, for those of you who have already done the event and are affected by the glitch (Clyde is outside the gym and Flan is still there), go back to the Earth Tower and just talk to the elder (the guy with the Nidoking) to fix those effects. Updating the game (by the way, patch that to a clean ROM) won't automagically fix it.

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Will it work for Myboy#
What, the game? It most probably will, yes. I haven't tested it on MyBoy specifically, but I've tested it on John GBA (another Android emulator, wouldn't recommend it exactly) and it works there flawlessly. I don't know if MyBoy supports real time clock emulation though, you may want to dig around the settings or something to see if you can enable it (not that it's required, you'll just miss out on some jokes and items like the Exp. Share and the Lucky Egg with no RTC support).

Years
Is there any difference between the two games?

Also I noticed on the menu screen, the PokeDex is under the Pokemon option. In all the Pokemon games, the PokeDex is the top most option. I don't know if you meant to do that, but thought I'd let you know :p

Telinc1

Weirdo Extraordinaire
Years
Is there any difference between the two games?

Also I noticed on the menu screen, the PokeDex is under the Pokemon option. In all the Pokemon games, the PokeDex is the top most option. I don't know if you meant to do that, but thought I'd let you know :p

The only difference between versions is the Pokemon, check the Pokedex which is linked in the main post.

I did mean to switch the two options. That's how it is in the later Generations and I personally like it better that way.

Thanks for the questions!

Back