• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do I do now?

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    There are different styles of Roleplays around. Some focus on letting the player make up their own story, and then others have a set story for you to follow. What do you prefer? How do you think the ideal roleplay is set up when it comes to story?

Years
  • I generally prefer to have a combination of sandbox and plot-driven elements within an RP. There needs to be some sort of overarching plot so you can steer the RP towards completion and prompt for interesting posts and interactions however people should also be free to be creative and to explore their characters development through their own personal stories also.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I like sandbox-journey RPs for Pokemon. I find it's nice to just stroll around and get Pokemon and whatnot. :P

For other stuff, I prefer a plot. It's better and streamlined and makes a lot better progression.

Arsenic

[div=font-size: 18px; font-family: 'Kaushan script
    Years
  • The only RP I've been in that finished was very much a sandbox, with a pinch of story for some flavor.

Sweet Dreams

[I]are made of these~[/I]
    Years
  • I like plot-heavy RPs. My posts generally rely on something to react to, as opposed to the GM metaphorically just gesturing at their world and going "alright, go do some stuff". A lot of this is because I am unwilling to post anything that might accidentally contradict part of the lore of the world that the GM might not have mentioned before.

Plus, I find it more fun. It's less "entertain yourself" and more "quick, think fast!". Honestly I have the same kind of attitude to sandbox games; they're fun for a while, but I am definitely all about the narrative. And it is through this narrative that I can write small stories for my own character. ^^

Back