• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Idea for a Supporter perk

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I noticed staff members playing around with colored usernames and titles. That would be a fun Supporter perk.

Who agrees?

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...explain what you mean by coloured usernames and tiles? The usernames were only coloured differently recently at one point because someone changed the SA's colours and Audy decided to change the other usergroups for a little while then. In general, unless I've missed something, the username colours stay the same. o_O

And if by tiles (you typo'd?) you mean custom usertitles, with colours, then no, that's a staff only perk.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    ...explain what you mean by coloured usernames and tiles? The usernames were only coloured differently recently at one point because someone changed the SA's colours and Audy decided to change the other usergroups for a little while then. In general, unless I've missed something, the username colours stay the same. o_O

And if by tiles (you typo'd?) you mean custom usertitles, with colours, then no, that's a staff only perk.

Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to. I know it's a staff perk but I think it would be fun for Supporters and it might give more people and incentive to donate.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yes that's exactly what I'm referring to. I know it's a staff perk but I think it would be fun for Supporters and it might give more people and incentive to donate.

Loving PC should be incentive enough. I don't mean to give the age-old(ish?) lecture, but they are PERKS. PC doesn't have to give us anything. If you want to donate, it really shouldn't be because you get perks, because the staff can take them all away if they want.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It's a staff only perk because users can't add in html themselves. If members requested to do so (who were supporters), then let's see, every time a supporter wanted a usertitle change, they'd need to ask an admin (many of which probably wouldn't be willing to), which could end up with 50+ people requesting every few days, or something, for those who can't make up their minds. It's staff only so it is easier to control. Don't supporters already have enough perks?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It's a staff only perk because users can't add in html themselves. If members requested to do so (who were supporters), then let's see, every time a supporter wanted a usertitle change, they'd need to ask an admin (many of which probably wouldn't be willing to), which could end up with 50+ people requesting every few days, or something, for those who can't make up their minds. It's staff only so it is easier to control. Don't supporters already have enough perks?

I see what you mean. That's kind of like with the name changes. All kinds of people requesting that could get messy, but it could be reserved for T5+ Supporters only.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I don't agree, for reasons stated above. This suggestion has come up time and time again and it's something that's just not going to happen.

Suggesting it be made for only Tier 5 & 6 supporters doesn't make it more of a realistic idea. Especially considering the fact that the majority of the supporters on PC are Tier 5 supporters. Staff have very little perks as it is. Custom user titles with HTML is something reserved for staff and former staff who haven't changed their title since being on staff. I'd like to keep it that way...

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Tbh I'd be absolutely fine giving it to T6 supporters but even going down to T5... that's a lot of people, and many of them can be pretty frivolous with themes and titles. That's not a bad thing but if we did give the option, I'd be really tempted to restrict it to only being changed once or twice a month or something... and then it would be a pain to "police" that. D:

But maybe that's just laziness on my part. There'd be no real harm in it otherwise, I suppose. :/ But definite, definite "no" to all supporters. Lazy or not, I do not have the patience to handle all those requests (and I know the rest of the admins wouldn't either). x_x

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    So I guess the fear would be these requests would get out of hand like the name change requests did.

I'm not gonna die if I can't have a colorful usertitle, I just thought it would cool and fun to have one.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I would agree with Tier 6 getting them, or just more tiers. I mean, some people have donated quite a bit of money, and imo, getting to change the color of some text should be in there somewhere higher up.

Just a little nitpick I have:
    When you're supporting PokeCommunity, it means you've taken your own money and given it to the website, whether you're buying the perks or actually care for the site. Now, I'm no rocket scientist, but when people get up into the higher bucks, I believe they've earned themselves more perks. Now, obviously if there were nothing left to give, I would understand this, but if you can but just don't want to because you'd have to go out of your way to do it, well, that's just messed up.

But +1 Lightning for being awesome and saying yes ;)

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • It would be fine if staff could choose to say yes or no to someone that requested one, though. And if people started crying then that's their problem. Besides you could limit it to like, only one request a month or something.

Last edited:
    Years
  • ...I don't mean to sound biased, but I certainly wouldn't mind if Tier 6 Supporters actually had that perk instead. There are so few of us around that it would be no different than the occasional moderator requesting an admin to fiddle with their usertitle, that and we did donate quite a sum of money to get to this tier at all.

Now I'm certainly not complaining, since I actually didn't donate primarily for the perks. But should this even be allowed at all, I do think it would be a more sensible decision to allow this for Tier 6 supporters rather than Tier 5 where there are so many members in its group.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I think I've only seen like 2 Tier 6 supporters.. So yeah.. if you could make it for them and above, that would be pretty cool I guess. But, still, it up to the staff, and not obligatory.

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
  • I wouldn't really care since having any perks is fine with me. But honestly when you donate something you're not meant to expect something in return, people normally just donate things out of good will. The idea that it should be made for Tier 6 only is not much better since then it just seems like you're buying an alternate coloured title which kind of defeats the purpose of donating to a community.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • As much as I hate how this is going to go to T6 if the motion carries, because T6 is way up there in the cost department, I also feel that it's really worth giving them this ability simply because it wouldn't be that much of a drag on the staff to do that. Heck, Ex-staff have the perk as far as keeping their original html user title, why not T6 as well?

Personally, I'm not really interested in an HTML usertitle, I can make mine pretty enough with text.

Of course, theoretically, we could create or find a plugin that allows users to make only basic customizations (No direct HTML usage to prevent abuse, more like enabling some basic formatting vB codes there and expanding the field to allow it) such as bold, italic, or underline, and text colors, but since the predominant attitude is that's for staff and maybe T6s in the near future, I think it may not be taken so well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Personally I think if a member has donated $100 to a community, they have the right to having a slightly revamped usertitle. You can count the current 6 Tier supporters with one hand, so I don't see the harm. The following is my suggestion on the matter:

• Custom usertitle requests limited to staff and 6 tier supporters.
      [*]To be requested by means of PM, or whatever suits both parties the most (some staff/6 tier supporters may be good friends with staff and find it just more convenient that way)
      [*]There should be a limit to how much T6 supporters ask, maybe not a set limit, as Lightning said; it would be hard to keep track. But so long as the requests are not frequent and the member is patient.
      [*]No images for supporters, just text colour and other minor CSS attributes or BB code, a staff member doesn't want to have to check the code to ensure that it does not conflict with the forums in any way.
      [*]The coding should be written in HTML format by staff member or T6 members, and if a member has issues with doing this, I will offer to help where need be personally, if the member is not savvy with HTML or CSS.
    As I said, I think that T6 are deserving of this, even if it is a little pain for the staff, but so long as it's not taken advantage of, I think it's worth the run. If it goes through, I think it should be heavily notated in the FAQ that it is limited to Tier 6 supporters and staff members. However, I'm going to support whatever does best for the community, I just feel that it is just a little something that could be of service to the members who do so much to help the community.

On the other hand, I do know that T6 has a lot of perks, and being a staff member does not have much more, but my personal preferences do not override what I think would be good for some of the most financially supporting of members on the board.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Personally, I already hate hassling admins to change my usertitle color already. I think the admins would go insane if they had to change supporter usertitles, even if they're tier 6. Unless this goes about like name changes where it's a certain time frame. I don't know. Trying to save admins the trouble. But I'm in favor of this being for tier 6.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Personally I think if a member has donated $100 to a community, they have the right to having a slightly revamped usertitle.

I heavily agree on that one sentence. xD

& I can't be biased with this, since I'm not even a supporter (yet D<), but I do think that people who donate enough to reach tier 6, aside from the fact that they're helping PC out so much, should be able to.. at least put some HTML in their usertitle. xD; It's a nice staff perk, yes, or rather a nice admin perk.. and it can be glorified as that, but really.. it's just a usertitle. I don't think it would be a huge ordeal to let Tier 6 users be able to add coding into theirs.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    @sydian there's actually less T6 supporters than mods, tbh
    @drew, I totally agree with you (and abnegation) I mean sure you're donating it to help the forums, but someone just gave you 100$ and you won't give them a slightly enhanced line of text, now that's just ridiculous imho.

Back