• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: Idea for a Supporter perk

Years
  • If PC had 100 million dollars, it would be on a dedicated server :P

I'm not sure why this thread is still open, from what I can see is just the same thing being posted every few posts, but worded differently.
    I suppose you're right about the second point, but the first one brings up an interesting point - would the extra funds allow for a better server? I'm not sure what we have at the moment, but it seems that it's not coping. I'm also not about to start supporting the idea, but if this can push us towards a better server, then it may not such a bad thing... Just thinking...

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • Oh, I just realized something.

I'm sure if the custom usertitles are just for the staff, isn't it going to end up attracting attention for new users to want to become Moderators? Because I'm sure how a brillient feature would end up encouraging them to want to become staff, and yet they don't read the FAQs until after one of the staff members tell them it. Hopefully this doesn't become such a huge problem. Because... isn't the higher ranks supposed to be just for not encouraging users to want to become staff, and rather thinking about staying as a member? But oh well, I guess it's their decission.

So I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place... should I support the feature of it being Tier 6? Or should I just leave it and not support the idea?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    New users wanting to become mods is a good thing. o_O They act more responsible (and hey, once minimodding is pointed out as an issue, they stop) as a result in order to get modded. Just as long as they don't ask to become one...

But anyway, that's getting off the topic of supporters. I would reply to the posts aimed at mine, though there's not much else to say. Personally, I don't think having that as a tier 6 feature will attract more people to donate and eventually get PC a better server. Really, I think the blue username works well enough, in that situation anyway.

As it is, if you have to basically give the users the maximum amount of perks humanly possible, then there's not really a point and you might as well say you have to pay to sign up becau-- that's unlikely, but still. I don't think more perks are needed for any usergroup. PC works fine as it is.

Edit: Because I'm not gunna post again, I'm fine if tier 6's get it, because it's up to the upper staff and if they think it's a good idea, then they're right. Just have been stating concerns.

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    There are people that keep saying that we aren't supposed to donate for the perks, and likewise.. you could say that we're not on staff for the perks either. :/ We're staff because we care about PC, and likewise some supporters care just as much.. It's just a usertitle - what's the harm in sharing a colored font tag with Tier 6 members? idk. I'm done with this thread after this post.. just something to think about.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • If we didn't want people to donate for perks, we wouldn't offer them. Yes, we appreciate when people donate for the sake of helping out PC moreso than the perks but... the perks are incentives, there's no going around it. :/ They act as both a "thank you for donating your hard-earned money to PC" and a "hey, if you donate that cash you have lying around, look at these cool extras you get!"

I really don't think offering it to T6 would make people from T5 jump at the chance to throw an extra $75 our way. And if it does, you may want to rethink your investments lmao because that's a lot of money for something so frivolous. (Though I guess I won't complain if people would do it?) So yeah, that's probably not something to "worry" about. T6 has almost always been about donations for the sake of helping PC (because you really don't get much more after T5) so adding a little something extra for that is no problem for me.

._. And likewise, if people literally only want to be mods for a coloured usertitle, they probably wouldn't make good enough mods to be considered, lmao.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    New users wanting to become mods is a good thing. o_O They act more responsible (and hey, once minimodding is pointed out as an issue, they stop) as a result in order to get modded. Just as long as they don't ask to become one...

But anyway, that's getting off the topic of supporters. I would reply to the posts aimed at mine, though there's not much else to say. Personally, I don't think having that as a tier 6 feature will attract more people to donate and eventually get PC a better server. Really, I think the blue username works well enough, in that situation anyway.

As it is, if you have to basically give the users the maximum amount of perks humanly possible, then there's not really a point and you might as well say you have to pay to sign up becau-- that's unlikely, but still. I don't think more perks are needed for any usergroup. PC works fine as it is.

I'm pretty sure every new user would give an arm and a leg to be modded XD
    So it's not anything new to me.

@Lightning I highly doubt the colored usertitle is the main motivation for people to want to be modded, imho its the power you get. Though let's face it, power in the wrong hands is one of the worst things that can happen to a forum (I've seen it happen before). I mean if I was modded tommorow (not gonna happen lol) I wouldn't act frivolous at all like some other mods (not necesarilly here) do. I mean all of this goes back to the old quote "With great power comes great responsibility."

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Well I know I've provoked enough thought on the matter to be satisfied. So this post is my final reply and not intended to be a rebuttal.

@AceDragonite: You're darn right, there are a lot of newbies who'd love to be modded. In fact there are a lot of members on PC who'd give more than just a limb to be a moderator here. Naturally not everyone who wants to be a moderator is right for the job. Hell, even I've harbored dreams of modding here, but that definitely does not make me the right choice for staff irregardless of how long I've been at PC.

@Lightning: True their priorities need to be re-arranged, but then again, my only concern was that people might feel that $100 is far too much to ask for just one more visible perk. Now I'm aware that there are more perks to T6 than meets the eye, but I was merely concerned with the image people get.

@Drew: No real harm indeed.

Still, if the staff really feels there's no harm in it...it's their decision and I'm seeing more of them ask where the harm in it is.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I just learned something new... I never really thought that people wouldn't be able to donate an extra $100 easily, 'cause I thought they would've been able to.

After seeing more posts... I've decided it wouldn't be such a bad idea for the Tier 6 to have custom usertitles... maybe could be requested a forum maybe?

@Lightning: Hm... I see where you're getting at, and ah yes... I didn't realize about the investments. But what if they're rich? (which is probably unlikely) lol

Ah well, anyways, this will indeed be my last post here in this thread. Well it was my honor to point out some things... and maybe some ideas. Like some of us mentioned about BB codes being used in a usertitle in Tier 6.

Let's just see if this suggestion gets accepted or rejected, shall we?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...okay I wasn't going to reply again, but because I'm paranoid that everyone will take what I said wrongly, I just wanted to say that I was purely stating the negatives, because others haven't much besides the donate for perks thing. If it does go ahead, I won't have any objections as a whole, though.

And haha, my previous post sounds so stupid at the bottom, sorry.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    ...okay I wasn't going to reply again, but because I'm paranoid that everyone will take what I said wrongly, I just wanted to say that I was purely stating the negatives, because others haven't much besides the donate for perks thing. If it does go ahead, I won't have any objections as a whole, though.

And haha, my previous post sounds so stupid at the bottom, sorry.

you shouldn't feel the need not to reply and I'm sorry if I took what you said in the wrong way I was just stating that Newbies want to be mods, and that's quite obvious.
    And no posts are "stupid" every post is meaningful and contributes to the discussion, or at least it should.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I am sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Well for one we already got enough perks. I know this will be only people who are in the 6th tier, but I thought we donate because we want to help. Not for the perks. And we are basically taking what the Mods, SuperMods, SAs, AAs, and Site Admin can do. We will be like them. And I don't want that. And I heard that if you change your usertitle a AA or a SA have to go and change it themselves. Do you know how many times people change their usertitle? All the time...it will get tiring. And I think it will put more stress on the server.

So yeah I think 5th and 6th tier have enough perks. I am sorry. That is how I feel about this situation.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I am sorry, but I have to disagree with this. Well for one we already got enough perks. I know this will be only people who are in the 6th tier, but I thought we donate because we want to help. Not for the perks. And we are basically taking what the Mods, SuperMods, SAs, AAs, and Site Admin can do. We will be like them. And I don't want that. And I heard that if you change your usertitle a AA or a SA have to go and change it themselves. Do you know how many times people change their usertitle? All the time...it will get tiring. And I think it will put more stress on the server.

So yeah I think 5th and 6th tier have enough perks. I am sorry. That is how I feel about this situation.

I personally donated didn't donate for the perks. T6 Supporters like myself don't get any additional perks than T5 Supporters do, so I had no other incentive to shell out an additional $75 to PC. But, there are those who would donate for the perks, and tbh, I wouldn't care why they donated if I was an Admin, because the site would be getting the help it needs either way in the end. Attracting more donations is just good for PC, period.

Zet

Years
  • I personally donated didn't donate for the perks. T6 Supporters like myself don't get any additional perks than T5 Supporters do, so I had no other incentive to shell out an additional $75 to PC. But, there are those who would donate for the perks, and tbh, I wouldn't care why they donated if I was an Admin, because the site would be getting the help it needs either way in the end. Attracting more donations is just good for PC, period.

What are you talking about? T6 gets extra perks than T5 gets.

Back