• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever boxed your starter Pokemon?

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
Years
  • I have only done it once, in White Version when I boxed my Pignite in favour of other new Pokémon(which Gen 5 did not have in short supply). I typically keep my starter until the end though.

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
    Years
  • The only time I ever boxed my starter is in my playthrough of X. I chose Chespin, but I had gotten so over-leveled that the game had got super-boring. So, I completely replaced my entire team, including my starter. It felt bad though. Chesnaught was awesome. But, I still take her out every now and then.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Outside monotype the only time I have boxed my starter was in one of my White 2 playthroughs where I boxed Servine as I caught a wild Lilligant and wanted her in my team without type overlap.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen today
    I typically keep my starter Pokémon with me until postgame.

In Yellow I didn't box Pikachu because I didn't want it to be sad, but I didn't use it much after trading a Seel and a Kadabra from my Crystal game to it and kind of used those in place of it. I didn't really use the Kanto starters in Yellow either.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    mostly during challenges. and my first run of white when i chose tepig then decided i didn't want it and wanted litwick instead so that happened. but mostly i try to use a starter during my first run of the game (white being that one exception).

Back