• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is the most addictive games in your opinion

Years
In my opinion, is and still is the gta series (it's really fun, i always roam around every game, but tbh i never completed those games at 100% because i am lazy except gta v), tf2 (it used to be my most played game, the class i always liked is scout, of course i also had some fun going into servers), super smash flash 2 (oh man, remembering this game, it was my childhood at the time, i used to play as every character since i don't really have a main in that game) and of course pok?mon red and blue (i think the story, the team rocket, the fact of grinding all of my team to get into the max level to defeat elite four and blue makes this one a lot more addictive).
And what about you?, what is the most addictive games in your opinion?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
Games where I want to grind to get better or to progress faster. I get addicted to that like crazy.

Examples are like Persona 5 or Bayonetta. Pretty sure some of my favorite Pokemon games do this to me too. RPGs in general, it's easy to lose myself.

Last edited:

pkmin3033

MMORPGs. They can literally go on forever, and the community can really pull you in to the point that they're not really games as much as they are social events.

That or Monster Hunter.

Years
  • Age 122
  • Seen Jan 27, 2019
Remember when Minecraft was in its alpha and beta stages, I played it a lot, and after it got popular and Notch sold it out, I still played it even without mods because I loved making architectural things. Then Minecraft become pretty soulless and the community wasn't that great so I got sick of it and quit.

Years
Remember when Minecraft was in its alpha and beta stages, I played it a lot, and after it got popular and Notch sold it out, I still played it even without mods because I loved making architectural things. Then Minecraft become pretty soulless and the community wasn't that great so I got sick of it and quit.

I also liked playing minecraft when i was like 10 or 11 or 12 i don't remember.
That game was like something different to me, something that at the time it was released, was rare to see.
I also quited this game as well.
Sadly, the fact of any community of an certain game being toxic or not being respectful, affects all games not only minecraft, but many other games.
And i am not saying that all the people in a certain community are 100% toxic, there are some respectful people yes, but the majority exaggerates so much with being rude.

Last edited:
Years
Games where I want to grind to get better or to progress faster. I get addicted to that like crazy.

Examples are like Persona 5 or Bayonetta. Pretty sure some of my favorite Pokemon games do this to me too. RPGs in general, it's easy to lose myself.

You can even delete your own save, just to do it again and again.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 4, 2018
You can even delete your own save, just to do it again and again.

Actually the opposite is true, and what I like the most. If you don't get to complete ALL side tasks, save files allow you to restart the game entirely while keeping past progress.

Especially in the case of Persona 5. As fun as it is to do it the first time (things like getting every Persona), I can't say I would ever want to do it again, and thankfully with this system, I can replay the game any number of times thereafter I wish to and not lose all my past work.

I'm really not a fan of the whole "build a house perfectly and knock it down just to rebuild it all over again" mentality. That is far, far more annoying to me.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Any game where progress comes fast and comes often. Clicker games are a good example of this (and why every so often I get back into Cookie Clicker. Maplestory is probably the best MMO example of this.

But, for me anyways, probably the one that's stuck with me recently has been Minecraft, and in particular the Skyfactory and Modern Skyblock modpacks. The biggest reason for this is because Minecraft, generally, is an incredibly open game, but you never really have to do anything. This is a problem with a lot of open world games, where when the game is not making the fun for you, you usually have to make the fun yourself. In Minecraft it's less of a problem because it is built more towards you actually being directionless and crafting your own direction, but with the Skyblock modpacks literally everything is inconvenient, even making an oven.

But that's what makes it fun, because you start with almost nothing and you have to build up from having a single block with one tree to having an unsafe platform with multiple trees to having a larger platform, now made out of a lot of wood, and getting cobblestone, to starting to get metals, to automating X, Y, and Z, and it's just so goddamn fun because the game doesn't handhold you a single bit in doing so. Your creativity runs wild and you go from having a single block to stand on to a massive world made entirely by you. I can tell you that I'd never do Immersive Engineering or mods like that outside of skyblock, but in this game mode you not only feel motivated to dive into them, the results also feel satisfying.

Me and my SO go back to it every couple of months to a half of a year and we absolutely love it, it digs right into us.

Years
Any game where progress comes fast and comes often. Clicker games are a good example of this (and why every so often I get back into Cookie Clicker. Maplestory is probably the best MMO example of this.

But, for me anyways, probably the one that's stuck with me recently has been Minecraft, and in particular the Skyfactory and Modern Skyblock modpacks. The biggest reason for this is because Minecraft, generally, is an incredibly open game, but you never really have to do anything. This is a problem with a lot of open world games, where when the game is not making the fun for you, you usually have to make the fun yourself. In Minecraft it's less of a problem because it is built more towards you actually being directionless and crafting your own direction, but with the Skyblock modpacks literally everything is inconvenient, even making an oven.

But that's what makes it fun, because you start with almost nothing and you have to build up from having a single block with one tree to having an unsafe platform with multiple trees to having a larger platform, now made out of a lot of wood, and getting cobblestone, to starting to get metals, to automating X, Y, and Z, and it's just so goddamn fun because the game doesn't handhold you a single bit in doing so. Your creativity runs wild and you go from having a single block to stand on to a massive world made entirely by you. I can tell you that I'd never do Immersive Engineering or mods like that outside of skyblock, but in this game mode you not only feel motivated to dive into them, the results also feel satisfying.

Me and my SO go back to it every couple of months to a half of a year and we absolutely love it, it digs right into us.

Yeah, but sadly at the time i played minecraft i didn't even knowed how to play multiplayer, and then i choosed singleplayer since i never knowed how to do that, and i have to admit, it was a nostalgic experience (if that counts idk).

Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 26, 2020
For a while I can get really addicted to Rune Factory/Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing games, because each day I can keep making more progress and have the feeling that I can do whatever I want. Or games like Sims and SimCity or any games where I can build a lot of things.
I like games that have a lot of creative possibilities and develop more slowly over hours so I can waste a lot of time seeing my 'village' or 'town' or whatever grow and get better.

Years
For a while I can get really addicted to Rune Factory/Harvest Moon or Animal Crossing games, because each day I can keep making more progress and have the feeling that I can do whatever I want. Or games like Sims and SimCity or any games where I can build a lot of things.
I like games that have a lot of creative possibilities and develop more slowly over hours so I can waste a lot of time seeing my 'village' or 'town' or whatever grow and get better.

Nice :D.

TY

Civ 5, the one more turn mentality will take over your life as you realise its 5am

then theres also Red Alert 2 which kept me playing the game for years now.

also terraria

Back