• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting a Pokemon League (Help Needed)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    Hello there!

I am trying to start a Pokemon League in my hometown. I have already taken my Pokemon Professor Exam, passed and am now an official Poke Professor. The trouble I am having with now is actually starting the league. The website is not super clear and neither is other tutorials and threads I've read.

Here is my problem: Everything I have read has told me to click on my "OP Tools Dashboard" and then click the "Start a League" button. First I don't have the OP Tools Dashboard, I have an "Organizer Tools" button and even if I click on the Organizer Tools button there is not "Start a League" button anywhere. I am completely lost on what to do next.

Any advice from previous League Organizers or new ones would be greatly appreciated.

*Side note: I am also unable to log in to my pokemon.com account. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome and there is a 403 Forbidden error each time. I can however log in to my account using my phone.

Years
  • Hello there!

I am trying to start a Pokemon League in my hometown. I have already taken my Pokemon Professor Exam, passed and am now an official Poke Professor. The trouble I am having with now is actually starting the league. The website is not super clear and neither is other tutorials and threads I've read.

Here is my problem: Everything I have read has told me to click on my "OP Tools Dashboard" and then click the "Start a League" button. First I don't have the OP Tools Dashboard, I have an "Organizer Tools" button and even if I click on the Organizer Tools button there is not "Start a League" button anywhere. I am completely lost on what to do next.

Any advice from previous League Organizers or new ones would be greatly appreciated.

*Side note: I am also unable to log in to my pokemon.com account. I've tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome and there is a 403 Forbidden error each time. I can however log in to my account using my phone.

The venue you choose may have to apply to host the league: http://www.pokemon.com/us/play-pokemon/organize/host-play-pokemon-events/

Not sure, though, as I'm not an organizer or professor myself (been considering making the jump for a while, but I can't guarantee I'll make every league date if I start one).

Years
  • Hey man,

I have literally just had my league approved so happy to help out.

I have taken some snips from the websites menu and highlighted each button you need to press to get to the option for registering your league.
    Step 1.PNG
    Step 2.PNG
    Step 3.PNG

Please also be aware that once you have submitted your registration it can take up to 6 weeks for it to be approved. Also there is a forum for pokemon professors and judges that you can use and is a great resource for finding lots of information and asking for help.

With regards to the errors your are experiencing with the page I won't be able to help with that. Have you tried clearing all browsing history etc?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    That was very helpful information ChariotsOfThyer, thank you! Unfortunately it doesn't exactly help me :/
    When I click on Organizer Information it only has one option "Become a Pokemon Professor" which is the strangest thing since I already AM a Pokemon Professor (Otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the page to begin with). I think at this point it may just be an error on Pokemon.com's end.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    That was very helpful information ChariotsOfThyer, thank you! Unfortunately it doesn't exactly help me :/
    When I click on Organizer Information it only has one option "Become a Pokemon Professor" which is the strangest thing since I already AM a Pokemon Professor (Otherwise I wouldn't be able to see the page to begin with). I think at this point it may just be an error on Pokemon.com's end.

Put a support ticket in via the website pal

Years
  • That was very helpful information ChariotsOfThyer, thank you! Unfortunately it doesn't exactly help me :/

Which path did you apply for on the Professor test? They give you options to select which one you want to apply to first before you fill out the application and take the exam. If you chose Judge rather than Organizer, you'll have to wait 30 days to apply to be an Organizer. If you did apply to be an Organizer, then put in a support ticket with TPCI via support.pokemon.com as Hands said.

Also, even though I'm not a professor, I can most definitely see the Organizer Information tab on my profile with the same Become a Pokemon Professor link you have. Just an FYI.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2017
    Which path did you apply for on the Professor test? They give you options to select which one you want to apply to first before you fill out the application and take the exam. If you chose Judge rather than Organizer, you'll have to wait 30 days to apply to be an Organizer. If you did apply to be an Organizer, then put in a support ticket with TPCI via support.pokemon.com as Hands said.

Also, even though I'm not a professor, I can most definitely see the Organizer Information tab on my profile with the same Become a Pokemon Professor link you have. Just an FYI.

Now this makes sense, that is what I did. I chose to be a judge and not an organizer so I will have to wait at least 1 more week to apply for that position as well. Thank you all very much! I will keep you updated on the progress of what happens next.

Back