• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help deciding other teammates?

SpookyPokePixels

Some random Pokémon fan on the Internet
Years
  • Since I always end up accidentally making my Pok?mon team either all one type (mostly because about 90%+ of my fav Pok?mon are all ghost type) or all have one big weakness I would like some suggestions to what other Pok?mon I should consider using. Also, I'm personally not very experienced in competitive but it looks very fun!

The team I guess is a UU team but if your suggestion has a higher tier than that feel free to suggest it anyway.

So far my team consists of these boys:

Reuniclus

Item: Psychium Z
    Nature: Modest
    Ability: Magic Guard
    Max Special attack and defense or HP I think??? I honestly don't remember

Moveset:

Psychic
    Flash Cannon
    Heal Block
    Recover

I'm trying to go with a different set that is usually used for Reuniclus. It's role basically is to use Z-move heal block to stop healing + sharply boost Sp Atk. I know this might not be the best set but I really wanted to use him he's one of my favs.

Tangrowth

Item: Big root (might change to leftovers but for now big root seems like the best option to me)
    Nature: Calm
    Ability: Regenerator
    I think max Sp Def and defense. Again, I don't know because I set these two up a long while ago.

Moveset:

Giga Drain
    Leech Seed
    Ingrain
    Protect

Basically just the classic big bad tanky boy.

Scrafty (currently Scraggy tho)

Item: ???
    Nature: Jolly
    Ability: Moxie
    Max Speed and attack

Moveset:

Drain Punch
    Fake Out
    ???
    ???

Just hatched this shiny boy after what seemed like spending eternity in purgatory. I'm unsure on what his full set should be currently, but the basic idea is drain punch + Moxie attack boost while also playing the role of being Reuniclus's partner in crime. (Fake out to assist with this)

I was thinking about adding some water type with a Pok?mon with Lighting Rod to support it (Possibly Aloha Marawak)

This is the team so far, so if you have any advice please tell me!

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • You haven't given enough information. For example, what are the EVs? What are the natures? Going to be honest here, we really can't tell how you're running these Pokemon, because Pokemon often can take many different roles - Landorus-T, for example, can run offensive sets just as well as defensive sets.

If anything though, the presence of Tangrowth pretty much confirms that this is an OU team. With this being said though, you have some really strange choices for Pokemon, moves and even items. Scrafty is really bad right now because doubles centres a lot around the Tapus, who will pretty much just murder it, so I'd strongly recommend replacing it. As for your Tangrowth, in doubles it's best run under sun as a Chlorophyll sweeper with Growth, and it would really appreciate Mega Charizard Y support.

By the way, if you've forgotten the EVs of your Pokemon, you can very easily check them in the summary.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Focus Blast or even Shadow Ball are better options than Flash Cannon on Reuniclus, not sure what you're using that move for. I mean, there's Tapus obviously, but there's better ways to handle them than that.

If anything though, the presence of Tangrowth pretty much confirms that this is an OU team.
    I get the feeling that this is a cartridge team, so which tier this team is classified as is likely not important.

Back