• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive: Bug-type Pokémon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Found some Art of a Bug/Fairy.

1371954319757.png

That is really awesome. Could be a female counterpart, kind of like Gardevoir is to Kirlia.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
Preferred username: Sonatron
Partner Pokémon: Escavalier
Bug Team:
589.gif
Escavalier
._-..._
292.gif
Shedinja_.._.._-_..
212.gif
Scizor

Swords Dance .
X-Scissor._-_ Shadow Claw . X-Scissor.._-_ Night Slash . Venoshock
Iron Head . Bug Buzz.._-_ .._.Shadow Ball . Aerial Ace _.._-.Bullet Punch. Steel Wing

015.gif
Beedrill.._..._
596.gif
Galvantula .._-.._-_
637.gif
Volcarona

Venoshock . Acrobatics ..._ Discharge . Signal Beam ..._-__-_Heat Wave . Silver Wind
Sludge Bomb . U-Turn ..._-_Electro Ball . Bug Buzz ..._......_Fiery Dance. Hurricane

Yay for bugs :D I'm sort of torn between Steel and Bug as my favourite type... Good thing there's a few that are both!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Welcome to the club, Sonatron! Escavalier is a fairly decent Pokemon although admittedly I've never paid that much attention to it. What makes you like it so much? Design, moves, symbolism? Personally I think it's a little on the scary side but that's just my opinion. :p

Also I could see a bug/fairy being possible! Perhaps friendly looking flying.. things? I'm horrible at thinking up of descriptions but I'd definitely like to see something along those lines. Anyone else got any ideas of how a bug/fairy could possibly look? :o

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Sonatron
Partner Pokémon: Escavalier
Bug Team:
589.gif
Escavalier
._-..._
292.gif
Shedinja_.._.._-_..
212.gif
Scizor

Swords Dance .
X-Scissor._-_ Shadow Claw . X-Scissor.._-_ Night Slash . Venoshock
Iron Head . Bug Buzz.._-_ .._.Shadow Ball . Aerial Ace _.._-.Bullet Punch. Steel Wing

015.gif
Beedrill.._..._
596.gif
Galvantula .._-.._-_
637.gif
Volcarona

Venoshock . Acrobatics ..._ Discharge . Signal Beam ..._-__-_Heat Wave . Silver Wind
Sludge Bomb . U-Turn ..._-_Electro Ball . Bug Buzz ..._......_Fiery Dance. Hurricane

Yay for bugs :D I'm sort of torn between Steel and Bug as my favourite type... Good thing there's a few that are both!

Welcome to the club. Escavalier is a good partner, he is very strong. I have never used him in battle before but I have battled against one and they are super durable and surprisingly powerful. I like your team too, a unique array of Bug-types. Should try your team in Pokemon Showdown.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
Thanks for welcoming me :D I like pretty much everything about Escavalier, he's a combination of my two favourite types, he looks like a knight, and he's really fun to fight with :D giving my bug team a go in showdown sounds like a good idea :D

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
A bug club? Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting in on this.

Preferred username Chris
Partner Pokémon Ninjask
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Spoiler:

Answer the current topic:
While I was initially disappointed in the lack of new bugs, I did like how many of the old bugs were in the Games. Not to mention the megas. Plus trying to get every version of Vivillion is pretty cool.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
A bug club? Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting in on this.

Preferred username Chris
Partner Pokémon Ninjask
Pick a 6-Pokémon Bug-type team (include 4 moves of your choosing for each Pokémon and an item for each to hold)
Spoiler:

Answer the current topic:
While I was initially disappointed in the lack of new bugs, I did like how many of the old bugs were in the Games. Not to mention the megas. Plus trying to get every version of Vivillion is pretty cool.

Welcome to the club. You're the first to pick Ninjask, how awesome is he? I like Nincada and his 2 evolutions a lot. Powerful team you have there. Do you have that on any games or have used it in Pokemon Showdown? I like the new Mega evolutions. I have yet to use many but I like them. Isn't there like 8-12 different Vivillon patterns?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
Welcome to the club. You're the first to pick Ninjask, how awesome is he? I like Nincada and his 2 evolutions a lot. Powerful team you have there. Do you have that on any games or have used it in Pokemon Showdown? I like the new Mega evolutions. I have yet to use many but I like them. Isn't there like 8-12 different Vivillon patterns?

He is very awesome. Nincada is an all around great bug, especially for Mono-type runs, he's a two for the price of one pokemon. I'm working on building it on Y, I'll likely change some moves and items as the current setup just doesn't thrill me. I've only just recently returned to the online communities and so I've yet to download Showdown, my last PokeSim was Shoddy :D. I've used MegaHeracross though not competitively, I don't have access to Pinsirite and I can't find a good natured Scizor on the GTS, well one that's not asking for a stupid rare pokemon anyway, now that my router martyr'd itself I have no way of getting one :(. There are 18 forms of Vivillion and I only have 4. I've gotten plenty of Scatterbugs from Wondertrade but they're all either Modern or Elegant upon evolution.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
Disappointment about lack of Bug-types? I'd say they still need a Bug/Dragon type. Fans have been calling for one of these for how long now?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Bug/Dragon would definitely be something that I'd want. Hopefully, it'll be something like Durant. Fast, lots of raw power and generally okay when it comes to defense. Perhaps it could even be a legendary? Anyway, I kind of see Vibrava and Flygon as Bug/Dragon already. What do you guys think?

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
Years
I definitely see the Trapinch line as Bugs, I mean they're in the Bug egg group after all. I would really like a Bug/Dragon, I somewhat expected a Mega Flygon with this typing, I guess I just like to hope for crazy things. :D

I'd also really like toe see a Bug/Dark or a Bug/Fairy. Maybe something based on a Whip Scorpion and a Poodle Moth respectively. I've linked to pics of them just in case. :D

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I agree! Add to the fact that it has those magnified eyes, small wings and a general bug look about it, they'd be perfect for the typing. A mega evolution for Flygon could possibly be Bug/Dragon. After all, they surprised us with a Water/Dark Gyarados. I would of thought dragon. Guess we can expect the unexpected then?

I've never really thought about Bug/Dark. It seems pretty interesting although most bug types have a general aura of darkness around them. Spinarak's line, anybody? Scary moths? Spiders? I'm surprised there hasn't been one yet. Perhaps previous bug types could be retyped? If we were to have a new one though, I'd imagine it go along the lines of a poisonous creature such as scorpions or wasps. Those things are pretty scary, after all.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Volcarona

Answer the current topic: Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?

Yes, definitely! All three of them - Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon - all have insect-like characteristics: insect-like body and wings, compound-like eyes, just to name a few. Also, the Dragon/Bug typing is really unique as there isn't any Pokemon with that type combination as of yet as far as I know. It'll definitely make a great force to be reckoned with in the games and in the competitive field.

Wicked3DS

Years
Trapinch would have to be Bug/Ground, while Vibrava and Flygon would be Bug/Dragon. So what Bug-type moves would they have? Probably Bug Buzz and X-scissor at least.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
Preferred username: Synerjee

Partner Pokémon: Volcarona

Answer the current topic: Trapinch family for Dragon/Bug retyping?

Yes, definitely! All three of them - Trapinch, Vibrava and Flygon - all have insect-like characteristics: insect-like body and wings, compound-like eyes, just to name a few. Also, the Dragon/Bug typing is really unique as there isn't any Pokemon with that type combination as of yet as far as I know. It'll definitely make a great force to be reckoned with in the games and in the competitive field.

Welcome to the club. I freakin' love Volcarona. Who knew a Bug/Fire type would work? It has such an awesome design and colors too. I definitely think Trapinch and its evolutionary line should inherit the Bug typing. Trapinch would be Ground/Bug (or Bug/Ground), and Vibrava and Flygon would be Bug/Dragon. They would still have their Ground moves, but would have Bug moves like X-Scissor, Bug Bite, Bug Buzz and Signal Beam. They even say they are insectoid-like, so it's only fitting to retype them.

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
Years
I kinda like Flygon as Ground/Dragon, but it would make sense for it to be Bug/Dragon considering its evolution line (especially by looking at Vibrava). The only problem I would have with it becoming part bug really would be that I'd have too many bugs in my battling team XD and that's just sort of selfish of me. Either way, a Bug/Dragon would be epic!

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
ShadeDraco
Venomoth
A scarab beetle would be a cool addition :3

Welcome to the club. Venomoth is a great choice, quick and can learn a vast variety of moves. I love scarab beetles. They should add one in generation VII. Perhaps they could be a Bug/Dark type, as scarab beetles are known to hide in dark places, like Egyptian tombs.

Wicked3DS

Years
This hive is getting sleepy!

Scarab beetle would be pretty cool, and a Bug/Dark-type would be pretty awesome as well. No Psychic-type is getting through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back