• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] Vale Institute of Magic (M) (OOC/SU)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    It's more like Aris is weak in her current element, so instead of trying to improve she'll just learn other elements to round it out.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • It's more like Aris is weak in her current element, so instead of trying to improve she'll just learn other elements to round it out.

Be kind of cool if like something on her changes color depending on her current primary element, thus changing her weakness as well as her strengths

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Hurts my head knowing people still do that crap.

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • Well i also kind of see it as balancing.
    Not specializing in an element isn't a weakness, there should be a clear weakness to the character with every element

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2020
    Aris does have a clear weakness; she doesn't need something to change color to show what it is. Unless it's like her hands turning red as she burns herself on fire, nothing about her is going to change color.

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    I see it as a cliché PITA. Even Zippy's against the color-changing!

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    If I were next to you, I would have punched you for that.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Okay guys it was a messy job and the end product isn't too pretty but, Dr. David has performed a sex change on our dear "Lia" meet Marcus Jr.!!! and don't mention the change to him (he's a little sensitive about it) ;D

btw if were doing f vs m matchups in the gym should i pair up with someone else or is it cool if me and chuckles do a jp we didn't really plan it out yet so im cool for changes

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • If I were next to you, I would have punched you for that.

I know you only would have done it because you were harboring deep feeling of loneliness and repressed feelings that arose from a troubled childhood. Good thing I would be here to turn your life around so that you could become a national writer for the magazine that inspired you to write as a kid.

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    Chili, just keep your pair-up with chuckles and make a joint post.

Also, Porsche has no one to fight!

Last edited:

Perplexity

The Crazy One
    Years
  • Yay! Thanks for the acceptance. I guess I better read through the IC now. Shouldn't take too long. Anyone up for some interaction? :3

Songbird

Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2024
    OOH. We can have Porsche fight a teacher! Make them mad that she has no battle-oriented spells! :D

Perplexity

The Crazy One
    Years
  • Haha, I know right. She's not really a battler. More a strategist. Maybe she can learn a battle spell eventually. xD

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Voulez Vous Coucher Avec Moi?
    Google it.
    Gerard McQuery | "Query" for the homies | 17 y/o | Male | Geomancer
    Spells:
    Reverberate: Requires little effort, and is actually performed unknowingly at times. This one spell in particular consist of messing with minerals and objects consisting of them. However, it should be noted that it is in no way related to the Powder Flakes. This spell manages to move the structure of materials in a small, almost impossible to feel way that can only be noticed by the sound they make. These changes have no purpose and certainly cannot do things such as shatter objects or shake the ground, if at all. These sounds occur in succesion and both their pitch and tempo depend on the strength and focus applied. This spell can also be used in several materials at once, but that requires conscious use. As a whole, the multiple sounds that can be produced in this way have proved to fool more than one person into believeing that music is actually playing in the background, when in reality it is all a bunch of different sounds coming from the nearby ground.

Appearance:
    Warning: Might be too fabulous for the naked eye. Viewer discretion is advised.
    Spoiler:

Personality:
    Has a fascination for bright colors and elegant attires, and is obsessed with butterflies, in case you didn't notice.

Let us commence on this department by letting it clear that he has an okay imagination, as defined by his own words. He likes to think he is good at doodling randomness and even though he doesn't admit it, he's got quite an active imagination. Don't be surprised if he ever talks to you about "the Princess, the dragon and the Jukebox", his most recent literary work that lacks a lexicon composed of more than ten words. He is also somewhat intuitive, and might get a bit of sarcasm or two when he's not busy using it himself.

In manners of discipline he's known for having a towering patience, which can easily be described as his best traits. You'll have quite a challenge if you want him to loose his cool. But if you do succeed in that, you might not like the results, so don't even think of doing it to begin with. When it comes to his way of acting, he tends to be spontaneous and act in the moment, giving thoughts on his course of actions once the very plan is over. No, he's not a great strategist.

He stays abide by the rules and is rarely seen to be a person that disobeys orders. This will only applies when said rules or orders are deemed unfair by him, which, admittedly, can happen with some frequency. And when it comes to how he does stuff, he's always striving for being the most perfect version of himself, always trying to correct behaviors that do not help him in his opinion. More than once has he scraped a single sentence in a paper sheet because it did not flow greatly enough. He also discards a lot of paper sheets in the progress.

He is very protective of what he cares for to the point that he won't let go of it if it's needed. He is not very social and has the communicative skills of a talking potato, resorting only to simple nods and shakes to serve his primary ways of communicating with others. He is, by extension secretive and, in some instances, shy, refusing to make eye-contact with someone he considers is too far into his personal space. He is told that he is hard to approach at times, and when this happens, he simply nods.

Oh, he also likes dudes in a kissy-touchy kinda way. Not that it matters that much... yet.​

History:
    It was a dark and stormy night...

No wait... Wrong story...

It all goes down to the point where Julia and Johnna McQuery meet. Wealthy law student, wealthy lawyers. Wealthy house and a wealthy inheritance. This irish household is known for two things: money and flair. Ever heard of a mansion with shining purple decor around it? No? Well, now you have. From a young age both of Gerard's parents have shown a fascination for interior-design and bright colors, it was only to be expected that two persons with such flamboyant tastes would get together (nope, they are both 100% straight, they just have their own weird perks of personality :3). They do not see this as anything more than a hobby, but it makes for a unique spicy indeed.

As such, it was to be assumed that in such environment, young Gerard would dress the finest attires... in purple no less. Everything around him is purple, his clothing, his home, his hair isn't purple because that would be weird, but it is close enough. Heck, he even coined purple as a verb, and you should begin facing the fact that you'll never be able to purple as greatly as he does. Bro, do you even purple to begin with?

His flamboyant attitude, tastes and attires are all similar to his parents, of course! All for the sake of conceptual symmetry. And since no one can purple like them, Gerard never went to any sort of public institution.

"The lowly prole around those places is just not worthy of being next to him" - His parents, at some point.

Yep, only public schools, top-notch, by default, would house this particular presence within their walls. And even though Gerard was never a straight A student, his looks and vibrant attires always made him stand out in any crowd, whether he liked it or not. Attention towards him could only be attentions other didn't receive and, as such, he wasn't precisely appreciated by a certain bunch of acquaintances across his stay at school (which I should add, was only one all the way to his going to Vale). Such acquaintances never resorted to a thing such as bulling, but these group of males didn't get along with him.

He got in arguments with them, and these arguing was sometimes heated, though inoffensive all around. Although one male of good looks, whom we shall only refer to as Bob Jones because I can't think of a proper name, did get under his skin. First dull insults, then yelling. They even got to detention several times. After spending some quality time against their will, Gerard would convince his parents that "it won't happen again" and it would all be forgotten... until it happened again, of course... and again... and again.

Yet this didn't really grind his parents' gears enough for them to get something done. After all, they're just kids, they don't know what they're doing! And then we enter the land of Dulliness and Clichés: Boy meets boy. Boy hates boy. Boy gets boy and himself a detention. Boy tells boy he messes with him cause he has feelings for him. Boy and boy talk. Boy and boy share a lot of interests. Boy kisses boy. Teacher freaks the cluck out. Teacher calls boy's parents. Parents flip out just as much as teacher. Parents decide boy cannot see boy anymore. Boy gets mad. Boy display what can only be classified as "magic" (or witchcraft, they're interchangeable :P) after he, out of anger, somehow manages to produce sounds high-pitched enough to leave a dog unconscious. Free hospital trip. Ears are okay, somewhat. Slightly. Sometimes. Yeah, his parents and him were left with very little ability to hear their surroundings, and no, they don't accept such thing as prole-made machines to improve their hearing, mind you. Finally, once out of the hospital, Mr. and Mrs. McQuery begin to pull strings in search of a new school. Strings are pulled, strings are torn apart. They were not able to find a school whose directors didn't go "Holy crap, you're the parents of that kid?" followed by the phone being hung up. And as they were about to give up, somehow, a letter from a school - the Vale Institute of Higher Learning - arrived at their house without them even requesting to transfer Gerard or even knowing its existence. And since school acceptance letters don't fall from the sky these days, they were actually glad about it and sent their son there with haste.

And I guess that brings us to now.​

Code:
    The challenge must go all over the place, or something... Challenge me!​

Last edited:

Dualik

Eloquent Trainer
    Years
  • I was thinking about making a female character who's entire original purpose is just to be Indigo's loyal fangirl who would eventually grow away from him and her obsession to focus on herself.

However based on the apparent gender imbalance and the fact that giving Insigo an actual player character fangirl might be pushing it... I decided against creating her.

That was the idea that just now entered myself and then promptly killed itself. Felt like sharing.

Colony

Poe and Palahniuk's Prodige
    Years
  • @EliteBeats: Unfortunately, there are a couple of problems with the SU. First and foremost, Powder Flakes is quite literally a nullification spell, which are extremely high level single element spells that are primarily only used by Mancers with professional experience, such as the teachers. The second problem involves the history. Vale is unique in that the only people allowed to attend are Mancers. That means only two types of people can be enrolled, those who have been invited after their initial display of Mancing and those who have familial ties to the school or Mancing in general. Neither of these two conditions were elaborated on, and it was unclear of Gerard even being a Mancer other than the fact he has a spell list. Finally, there is a key part of the SU that is missing, without which I am unable to accept the SU anyway.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
    Years
  • Well, thats what I get for trying to finish an SU at 2am xD I'l: Ill try to get it fixed as soon as possib:e :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back