• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: BW/B2W2 Music Patch for all versions! (Gen 3)

HiHelloThere

Banned
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
Am I missing something or is the 1.4.1 version for the manual patch missing the .bit file it calls for to be hex-edited into the game? Version 1.2.3 has it, but not 1.4.1.

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Litte question out of this patch Topic. But you take requests for midis? Since i have one.
Sure, but this is not the place. Maybe on messages or Twitter?

Am I missing something or is the 1.4.1 version for the manual patch missing the .bit file it calls for to be hex-edited into the game? Version 1.2.3 has it, but not 1.4.1.
I added the .bit file now. Looks like I forgot to put it in months ago and never noticed it ahaha

Years
About the BW2 music MANUAL patch. In the Poke-forum, it is written that we need to apply the .ips patch first before inputting the .bit into 0x1200000. But in the Youtube tutorial video it is vice versa. Which one is the correct one?

Also, is it possible to put the music NOT in the 0x1200000? And if it is possible, do we need to edit the sappy as well so we can test the music in sappy? Much thanks.

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
v1.5 Update
After more than 1 year since v1.4, here is v1.5 with new songs from B2W2 and some fixes.

Changes in v1.5:
- Added a higher quality Electric Snare sample
- More accurate sample map for Route 23 French Horn
- Fix "BP Get" song header
- More B2W2 music added:
- An Adventure Is Beginning
- Pokéstar Studios
- Filming Underway at Pokéstar Studios
- Trainers' Eyes Meet (Harlequin)
- Winning in the PWT
- PWT Victor
- Aboard the Plasma Frigate
- Zinzolin's Theme
- Mistralton City Gym
- Opelucid City Gym
- Opelucid City Attacked
- Frozen City
- Plasma Frigate Sortie
- Infiltrating the Plasma Frigate
- N's Theme
- Unova Link
- Black Tower Entrance
- Black Tower
- White Treehollow Entrance
- White Treehollow
- Virbank City Gym
- Castelia City Gym
- Driftveil City Gym
- Shadow Triad's Theme
- Humilau City Gym
- N's Castle
- Nimbasa City Gym Runway
- Nimbasa City Gym Stage
- Trainers' Eyes Meet (Beauty)
- End Credits
- The End

You can download this release here

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
Hello LukeeGD, I am trying to apply this B/W music patch into my Pokemon Glazed rom. I did the manual method and it works fine for base Emerald but not for other Emerald Rom hacks like Blazing Emerald or Glazed. It loops around the title screen, and I tried playing the music in Sappy and it works fine. Can you please tell me what's the problem here?

Years
  • Seen today
@SakshamG30

That's not how patches work. They overwrite data at certain offsets which are free in a clean Emerald ROM, but not necessarily (often not) in an existing ROM hack. This resource is only useful when creating your own ROM hack, not when you want to change an existing one.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 11, 2020
@SakshamG30

That's not how patches work. They overwrite data at certain offsets which are free in a clean Emerald ROM, but not necessarily (often not) in an existing ROM hack. This resource is only useful when creating your own ROM hack, not when you want to change an existing one.

Ok I understand. Do you have any idea how I add custom music in any other way? I tried Sappy but I'm having a bit of a difficulty. Any tips would be helpful.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Hey, is it possible to change the offset to which I can insert the data from .bin file?? Just wanted to use both Kanto Reloaded Music Patch and this one but the data will overwrite one another. Recently got into romhacking for serious and I find it weird that all these music patches have already compiled .bin files provided rather than ASM routines that allow much more flexibility. Is there a specific reason for it?

LukeeGD

Mostly a Music Hacker
Years
Hey, is it possible to change the offset to which I can insert the data from .bin file?? Just wanted to use both Kanto Reloaded Music Patch and this one but the data will overwrite one another. Recently got into romhacking for serious and I find it weird that all these music patches have already compiled .bin files provided rather than ASM routines that allow much more flexibility. Is there a specific reason for it?

The B2W2 Music Patch was actually made by extracting, converting, and inserting everything manually (which was a very tedious task that took me months) using the existing tools (Sappy, Anvil Studio, FL Studio, etc.), so no ASM routines were involved. Maybe someone more skilled can do that, but my interest in this has waned for a while now so that won't be up to me anymore

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2023
hello I have a problem with the patch, I entered it manually but the game does not run correctly

Back