• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Bianca and Cheren's Journey

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • bianca.jpg

Bianca and Cheren weren't just your normal rivals. They were important characters to the entire fifth generation. In a way, they grew with you, as you went through both BW and B2W2, you grew up, learnt a lot, battled a lot, and your rivals actually made something of themselves. This is something we hadn't seen before in other games. They went from awkward and goal driven, to characters that actually made something of themselves between the two sets of games.

What did you think of this transition/their journey? Which character do you think made the most of their journey (as in succeeded the most in their goal?) Did you get attached to them - Bianca not knowing what she wanted to becoming Juniper's assistant, and Cheren, with a goal to become the best... and ending up, leading his own gym. Were their journies realistic? What else would've you liked to see them become between the two sets of games? Which moments do you think really were the turning points in their journies between the two sets of games? These are just some questions to consider, share your thoughts on how they transformed! C:

Bug

[b][color=white][font=Luminari]can't talk. i'm shi
    Years
  • As far as rivals in games go, gen 5 was never my favorite. But, I really like your point of the depth of their characters. I think both of them have a similar path in that they ended up doing something that they didn't expect. Cheren maybe having to settle with less than what he originally wanted, but still doing what he loved which made him passionate and seemingly content with what he did end up with. Bianca didn't really know what to expect out of her future, but she kept an open mind and ended up with more than other people and maybe even herself expected of her.

Back