• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Style Feedback: Simplistic (Beta)

monkeyandhead

I didn't train to be a Pilot.
Years
  • In all my years at the community with all my different accounts (>.<), I have always waited for a theme like this one. I waited for simplistic and this one is beautiful, even though it is simplistic, it seems professionally designed, and I just want to say thanks to whoever suggested it and whoever made it. When I sign in, I feel like I just want to stare at the screen.

I have one little suggestion though, and I know it is in beta stage, but if you guys get around to it, maybe more choices with the primary colour?

Thanks a bunch though!

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Thank you for the compliments, monkeyandhead. I appreciate the fact that you took the time out of your day to type a message for me about my style. It's currently in development, as you're aware, so there are some things that are going to be changing over time. Color choices are indeed a possibility, but I was thinking mainly of bringing in a dark varient with the green instead of offering a plorutheria of choices to choose from. It's simplistic, after all. You can expect another style in the near future with a choice of possible colors to use, however.

I'm not quite sure I understand your entire message, aSeRo141414, but I appreciate your compliment about the postbit as well.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2012
    Hmmmmmmm........
    I like it quite a lot, although I do have trouble following posts at times because there isn't any sort of solid-color background. The text is just laid over this pretty regal pattern you've picked out.

I've noticed there is a slight, pale background behind the text posts, but only during reply mode. This semi-transparent background isn't there when I'm just browsing. It might be helpful to add a very simple semi-transparent background for all views to improve readability while keeping a minimal aesthetic....

Or maybe not. I'm a fan of minimalism but I don't have a degree in design, so I admit my knowledge is limited.

And can I also say THAAAAAANNNKK YOUUUU for justifying the text?

Thank you.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • Its just plain awsome for mobile devices such as phones,Nintendo Dsi and others.I hated how when using my nintendo dsi before that the forums loaded so slow before because of it being so image heavy with the other styles but now it is just perfect using this style.Theres a few bugs here and there but its to be exspected from a new style.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it looks pretty cool...probably is ok on handhelds...however, I have one minor criticism/suggestion. Would it be possible to have a slightly darker greyish version? It's too bright...

LightOfTruth

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2020
    Good to have a theme for mobile devices but as I'm using a laptop I will stick to the better themes :)

Back