• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
ShinyChimchar2.jpg

:D
I just killed a Bidoof...my EVs are ruined!

Years
Wow, congrats, Fufu! I don't know how you got it so quickly, each try takes so long... And you'd best forget about EVs and use the berries later on, anyway--it's your starter! You need it to play through the game; at least early on.

I've seen a few dozen Drifloons. I have no good means of counting them yet. From my experience, just tossing a Quick Ball seems to always catch the Drifloon. I might multihunt again with Emerald on my SP.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Thanks, MM. I hunted for Chimchar pretty much any chance I got! Yeah, I realized about 30 minutes ago that EV training is nearly impossible for a mixed sweeper like what my future shiny Infernape will be. If it were to be a physical attacker, EV training would be somewhat easier to do...I do want to have SOME control over EVs though.

So, can you confirm that you need three badges to see Drifloon?

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2007
You probably know this already, but this is a very good trick for shiny pokemon in G/S/C:

Catch Red Gyarados at Lake of Rage.
Trade Red Gyarados to Red or Blue version.
Teach Gyarados Mimic.
Trade Red Gyarados back to G/S/C.
Use Move Deleter to get rid of everything except Mimic.
Trade to R/B.
Fight a wild Ditto.
Have Gyarados use Mimic after Ditto uses Transform.
Transform into Ditto.
After Ditto transforms into the transformed Gyarados (which is itself) catch Ditto.
Trade Ditto to G/S/C. Ditto will be shiny.

By using this trick, then breeding Ditto with Jolteon, I got a shiny Eevee. I then used the Cloning glitch, and I have a team of shiny Eevee evolutions.

Here's another weird trick: Start a new game on Red version with the name !?xWD?y (case sensitive). Do the Missigno. trick, but before going into the water, look at Ditto in the pokédex. You'll run into either glitchy missingno., ghost missingno., Aerodactyl skeleton missingno., or level 150 mewtwo! Against the ghost or skeleton missingno., use the ditto trick. You'll have shiny missigno., which, when traded to G/S/C, is shiny Lugia or Tyrannitar!!

These tricks seem outlandish, but I've confirmed they work myself. If you want, I can post how they work.

Years
^ That's part of the reason why we don't count Metal-generation shinies here: there were many ways, both legit and illegit, to enhance your odds of finding shinies.

Are you asking to join? Because this is a club you're at.

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
:P Hi :P remember me ??? :)
o.k. I won't comment on that guy's tricks... yet ...

I'm really sorry I haven't been here a while but I had personal things to cope with... I was looking forward to my future :)

well I am doing this really important project, which might feed me for the rest of my life :) and I'm starting to feel like a businesman ...

I never gave up hunting, but i havent cought a shiny since leaving the forums :(

I hope i will stick up !
oh congrats to everyone, especially ot the guy with the 1st forth gen shiny; and i like the fact that MM is here, as well as Shido, LDD and the other "old" friend

willypiggy

パンケーキ! Yum!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 3, 2010
Congrats Fufu :D I remember when you only have like 3 or 4 shiny's :)I've been going through my game and am about to finish the 4th gym at the moment, Thourght I saw a shiny yesterday but I then realised it was just a nomrall pokemon, are we counting pokemon recived from GTS as legit?

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Well done fufu. Seeing 2 shinies in the game only a few days after you got it is something else, even if you only caught one.

Anyway no new shinies but I have just hatched an Adamant Synchronising Ralts on Emerald to better my chances of finding a physical sweeping shiny. Actually I may now use Emerald to hunt my Sapphire target soon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2016
haha i woulda figured the shc would've filled up their pokedex by now! (by the way you deleted MY shiny pokemon from the dex) anyways, i came to this forum to alert you that i have just found myself a shiny beldom! and i wasnt even looking either :D

*edit* also, you're not the real metal mario!!! :(

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I've been gone literally all day...we left home at 7AM, and we just got back 5 minutes ago. I was able to play my game to-and-from games, and in between them, but I didn't get far. I'm going very slowly through the game. I'm training Disco to learn Nasty Plot (it's at level 19, but I'm only in Floaroma Town), and now I'm trying to catch female Bold or Modest Shellos to breed with.

Well done fufu. Seeing 2 shinies in the game only a few days after you got it is something else, even if you only caught one.

Anyway no new shinies but I have just hatched an Adamant Synchronising Ralts on Emerald to better my chances of finding a physical sweeping shiny. Actually I may now use Emerald to hunt my Sapphire target soon.

Just so you know, Sychronize SRing does not work in Emerald, at least not for stuff you save in front of with overworld sprites. I'm not sure if it works for Pokemon that you receive as "gifts" (Beldum, Anorith, etc.), though.

Sychronize SRing does work for Pokemon with overworld sprites. In fact, I will be breeding a Modest or Timid Abra with Sychronize so that I can maximize my chances of seeing a Modest or Timid shiny Drifloon when I see it next week. I'm also doing the same for Dialga, Azelf, and maybe Cranidos (except the Abra will be Adamant in Dialga and Cranidos' case).

Well, since I can't hunt for Drifloon until next Friday, I think I'll look for the Skull Fossil, and soft reset for a shiny Cranidos for a bit. Well, at least once I get my Explorer Kit (currently at Valley Windworks). Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Does it take long to soft reset for Drifloon? Or is there some unnecessarily long amount of text I need to go through before I can soft reset?

I'm looking forward to soft resetting for Cranidos. It's a funny feeling I have.

Last edited:
Years
Welcome back, BG!

Congrats Fufu :D I remember when you only have like 3 or 4 shiny's :)I've been going through my game and am about to finish the 4th gym at the moment, Thourght I saw a shiny yesterday but I then realised it was just a nomrall pokemon, are we counting pokemon recived from GTS as legit?
I remember when he only had Pelipper. o__o I had 14 of my currently 16 shinies at the time. o__0 He's gaining fast!

haha i woulda figured the shc would've filled up their pokedex by now! (by the way you deleted MY shiny pokemon from the dex) anyways, i came to this forum to alert you that i have just found myself a shiny beldom! and i wasnt even looking either :D
You were removed from the dex due to the 30 post rule: you only qualify for the Shiny Dex once you've hit 30 posts in the club. It was instated when Aaryn returned for the first time. It's there to prevent the very thing you were expecting--the Dex to become unrealistically inflated from members (like yourself) who just show up, make some claims, and never participate actively in the club.

*edit* also, you're not the real metal mario!!! :(
Humour me. Come up with one piece of evidence supporting this.

I've stopped with Drifloon until next week. I'm currently trying to evolve a Skorupi for my team. I just checked the Dex at SPP only to find it evolves at L40! o__0 Maybe I'll just do the sixth gym first. =/

shido

Blood Sucker
Years
congratz on the fire monkey lol im sure there are alot fo kjealous peeps in the crowd now XD

i just made it to the e4 and im only 9 pokes away from nat dex YAYNESS , if I could get a few trades in i should have nat dex /e4 beaten by tonight :)

well gl to u all

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2012
Hey gang - My DS just died so now I have nothing to do but study for an exam. Ergo, I decided to post on a message board instead.
I just got my 6th badge and am heading to lake Valor (I think that's what it's called).
Anyway, I'm disappointed that I haven't seen any shinies yet - but I'm not surprised.
I could totally go for a shiny in the Shinx evo-line. But for some reason, all of a sudden I really want a shiny Girafarig - no idea why. Anyway, I'm not hunting yet - but I'm definitely keeping an eye out.
Happy hunting (or more likely happy D/Ping).

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, I finally got Disco to level 23 for Nasty Plot, and I evolved it into a Monferno. Here are some pics for you viewing pleasure.

MonfernosShine.jpg

This wasn't too hard to take actually. I just had to hold my camera phone will I walked around in the grass.

ShinyMonferno.jpg

Yeah, normal pic. I caught a female Bold Shellos earlier today, and I'm only facing Bidoof, Geodude, and Abra. I'm not looking for a specific EV spread, but meh. I don't know why I'm bothering though, I'm just going to breed it with a Wooper to get a Bold Shellos with Yawn anyways.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot to mention this, but I will be soft resetting for Cyndaquil on my Emerald games. You see, I have three out of the four fire starters shiny, and I want to complete SOME sort of set before shido or Missingno. Master does, so yeah. I probably won't be SRing for them too much though, seeing as how I'll be busy hunting on Diamond. I guess I can always soft reset WHILE I play Diamond...

Last edited:
Back