• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Character shadows

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
Years
  • Since the codes keep getting messed up, here is a attachment of my Spriteset_Map:
    It should work for those who are getting the syntax error.

Last edited:

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
    Years
  • Since the codes keep getting messed up, here is a attachment of my Spriteset_Map:

YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You'd better be active to answer my question, since i changed my script with the OP's script and yours when i go outside the default Essential's house there's just a black screen, also when i load my previous save file which is in Pallet Town i cannot move even if i can see the shadows, what have i done wrong? I even had saved my original script and when i reverted it back to the original essentials script i still can't move, wtf happened?

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You'd better be active to answer my question, since i changed my script with the OP's script and yours when i go outside the default Essential's house there's just a black screen, also when i load my previous save file which is in Pallet Town i cannot move even if i can see the shadows, what have i done wrong? I even had saved my original script and when i reverted it back to the original essentials script i still can't move, wtf happened?
    Calm down!

Have you tried new game? what version of essentials are you using? check if the map exists or not or got deleted.

Last edited:

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
    Years
  • Calm down!

Have you tried new game? what version of essentials are you using? check if the map exists or not or got deleted.

I guess i overdid it.
    Welp, yes my save file is in *Lappet Town so when i load up i can't walk move or do ANYTHING (literally-cant even open the menu) and when i new game, everything is fine inside the house, no shadows, but when i try to exit the room the screen freezes black :(
    EDIT : I use the latest v13

Last edited:

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • I guess i overdid it.
    Welp, yes my save file is in *Lappet Town so when i load up i can't walk move or do ANYTHING (literally-cant even open the menu) and when i new game, everything is fine inside the house, no shadows, but when i try to exit the room the screen freezes black :(
    EDIT : I use the latest v13

Replace your script.rxdata in your data folder with the orignal essentials script.rxdata and then replace spriteset_map again with the script i attached.

Also make sure you have shadow graphics in Pictures folder named as "shadow"

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
    Years
  • Replace your script.rxdata in your data folder with the orignal essentials script.rxdata and then replace spriteset_map again with the script i attached.

Also make sure you have shadow graphics in Pictures folder named as "shadow"

There is no script.rxdata, but instead a Scripts.rxdata and how do i get the original one (sorry I am pretty new to Essentials and RGSS as a whole), do i have to extract the Essentials folder again then get it? Also i do have the graphic but i named it Shadow, does that make a difference? I don't think it does because as i said i can see the shadows when i load my save file but can do nothing else. Also if this helps, the music runs as normal and it's the only thing that does run.

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • There is no script.rxdata, but instead a Scripts.rxdata and how do i get the original one (sorry I am pretty new to Essentials and RGSS as a whole), do i have to extract the Essentials folder again then get it? Also i do have the graphic but i named it Shadow, does that make a difference? I don't think it does because as i said i can see the shadows when i load my save file but can do nothing else. Also if this helps, the music runs as normal and it's the only thing that does run.

Yes replace the Scripts.rxdata of your game from data folder with the orignal Scripts.rxdata file from pokemon essentials,

Just PM if you still get error, ok?

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
    Years
  • Yes replace the Scripts.rxdata of your game from data folder with the orignal Scripts.rxdata file from pokemon essentials,

Just PM if you still get error, ok?

Seems like o deleted the zip file if there was one, can you possibly upload if you have it. Slow net sorry. If not, then i'll have to spend hour+ for downloading it.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • YO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang man, the dreaded black screen of death.

I'm going to implement this in my creation soon! :D

mustafa505

Aeon Developer
    Years
  • I am not having any black screen error using my attachment, hassan probably messed his script file,either way he has to replace his script file with the original essentials script for the shadow script to work, btw hassan are you sure you used my attachment script or the old script?

@bowlstir looking foward to that idea xD

hassanabdullah45k

Charizard619
    Years
  • I am not having any black screen error using my attachment, hassan probably messed his script file,either way he has to replace his script file with the original essentials script for the shadow script to work, btw hassan are you sure you used my attachment script or the old script?

@bowlstir looking foward to that idea xD

Yep, i probably did and i'm positive i did.

Bowlstir

Media Arts and Game Development
    Years
  • I tried this out, and after multiple attempts it worked, but the shadows were off centered.

Plus, all my events had the same problem but those where more far off.

I'm using the V13, may have to do with my size of the events, but I'm pretty much abandoning this idea :/

Radical Raptr

#BAMFPokemonNerd
    Years
  • I tried this out, and after multiple attempts it worked, but the shadows were off centered.

Plus, all my events had the same problem but those where more far off.

I'm using the V13, may have to do with my size of the events, but I'm pretty much abandoning this idea :/

You aren't using a 256x256 character set, this has already been addressed previously.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2016
    Since the codes keep getting messed up, here is a attachment of my Spriteset_Map:

Hello mustafa, I need your help.

I tried your Spriteset_map but now there are shadows on every event.
    What can I do?

Thank you.

Aljen

The Lost Boy...
    Years
  • One question Air Lock, how to hide the shadow if i make the player's opacity to 0 @@? Sometimes i want to hide the player for the story. Sorry for my bad English.

Years
  • Edited the update function of the added class so that it can accommodate different character sizes without having to hardcode in stuff
    Spoiler:

Back