• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: (Cancelled) Jiji's Wacky Quest

Manekimoney

Banned
Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Jiji's Wacky Quest

Hack development progression:
    Cancelled

Story:

Jiji is a poor girl, living in a village, isolated from the rest of the world. She has never seen anything oustide it and neither she ever cared about it. Until one fateful day, when she receives a letter. She won the grand prize at a children's magazine sudoku submission: "Spend a day with the infamous movie superstar Cageolas Nico". And when that fateful day arrives, she finally ventures outside her hometown and experiences a world she has never seen before, filled with suprisingly little amount of Pokemon and a lot of puzzles. A very pacifistic and calming adventure awaits her.

The hack is mainly focusing on overworld puzzles and very little on actual battling, except when the battle itself (or the solution to winning the battle) could be a puzzle.
    (The last hack that I made (that was somewhat ambitious) was a buggy mess, that gave you very little way of telling you where to go, so let's hope I've improved from that and that this one will be a good one)

Features:

-A major focus on overworld puzzles
    -A custom new region to explore
    -Suprisingly little Pokemon battles
    -Custom Fakemon
    -Other stuff

Spoiler:
    Anything seen on the images is subject to change.

Credits (so far):
    -Me
    -The creators of various tools for hacking
    -My dog
    -Me

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • This is interesting. It sort of does remind me of Pokémon Fire Red: Virtual missions except with a story. Looking forward to a release!

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I can't wait to play thiiiiis. When is it releasing? I can't wait!

Making promises is something I probably shouldn't make, since I sometimes get bored of a project and don't work on it for some months.
    If I don't get bored of this one, it could be completed in a 2-3 months, unless I decide to make some drastic changes, that would take a long time, or would increase the length of the hack significantly.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    LONG, SAD, BUT SOMEWHAT HOPEFUL UPDATE:

Hello, it's been a while.

I know quite a few people were waiting for this project or might have just forgotten it existed by this point, since there was no news about it.
    Announcing this project, while in a middle of some other larger project was probably not a good idea from my side.

Long story short, this project was not going well. What I was getting out of it, it would feel like one of my other hacks: "Poke's Bizzare Adventure", which is a buggy mess with quite a vague and directionless story. I also kind of don't like some of the ideas I had for this one, especially the title and story. And yes, despite many of my hacks saying otherwise, I do, in fact, have standards.

So sadly this hack is getting scrapped, since the entire execution up to this point was just kind of... well... bad.

However...

I do have plans to "revive" this project, but in a different light. The story and many other things are going to be quite different, while still having a good chunk of overworld puzzles and interesting mechanics. It helps that I learned a bit more about ROM hacking since then. I can't really say much, as it is in the earliest stages of development (like, a few hours of development), so it will probably take a good while for any news on that.
    With the ideas I have in mind, it's definitely my most ambitious project yet, so who knows how long it will take before any news come out (if the "revival" works out).

Depending on how stuff goes, either this thread will be deleted in a week or so, while the revival gets a new thread when the time comes (most probable outcome), or it will be used for the "revival".

Apologies to anyone who was anticipating this. Hopefully, you will find the "revived" project as interesting as this one.

BluVortex

Vortex
    Years
  • LONG, SAD, BUT SOMEWHAT HOPEFUL UPDATE:

Hello, it's been a while.

I know quite a few people were waiting for this project or might have just forgotten it existed by this point, since there was no news about it.
    Announcing this project, while in a middle of some other larger project was probably not a good idea from my side.

Long story short, this project was not going well. What I was getting out of it, it would feel like one of my other hacks: "Poke's Bizzare Adventure", which is a buggy mess with quite a vague and directionless story. I also kind of don't like some of the ideas I had for this one, especially the title and story. And yes, despite many of my hacks saying otherwise, I do, in fact, have standards.

So sadly this hack is getting scrapped, since the entire execution up to this point was just kind of... well... bad.

However...

I do have plans to "revive" this project, but in a different light. The story and many other things are going to be quite different, while still having a good chunk of overworld puzzles and interesting mechanics. It helps that I learned a bit more about ROM hacking since then. I can't really say much, as it is in the earliest stages of development (like, a few hours of development), so it will probably take a good while for any news on that.
    With the ideas I have in mind, it's definitely my most ambitious project yet, so who knows how long it will take before any news come out (if the "revival" works out).

Depending on how stuff goes, either this thread will be deleted in a week or so, while the revival gets a new thread when the time comes (most probable outcome), or it will be used for the "revival".

Apologies to anyone who was anticipating this. Hopefully, you will find the "revived" project as interesting as this one.
    Sad.

Back