• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Proposal: Galar dex list

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • We had this as part of an earlier article, but I think we ought to have a standalone article listing all the confirmed Pokemon in Sword and Shield, especially given the restriction thing. We'll also have it updated as we find out new Pokemon.

Very straightforward, and potentially bland. Thus I've had the idea to also include a percentage for each gen and how many Pokemon from said gen is represented. May be interesting to see!

Any other ideas we could have to flesh it out? Thoughts in general?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    People have been relying on other sites' lists with the fear of Dexit cutting out their favorites, so our own could potentially be of use to some fans. I'd say including images of each confirmed Pokémon is a must to avoid confusion. Perhaps mention past instances of evolutions not being made available (most notably LGPE's chopping block, but even cases like Glaceon and Leafeon in HGSS) and thus not all evolutions are guaranteed until seen?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • People have been relying on other sites' lists with the fear of Dexit cutting out their favorites, so our own could potentially be of use to some fans. I'd say including images of each confirmed Pokémon is a must to avoid confusion. Perhaps mention past instances of evolutions not being made available (most notably LGPE's chopping block, but even cases like Glaceon and Leafeon in HGSS) and thus not all evolutions are guaranteed until seen?
    Images is doable, but that is going to be timely too... that'd be a lot of screenshots to make from videos (and supporting art pieces) to go through.

Which I'm not totally against doing, but not by my lonesome. :<

Making that mention is sensible too.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    Could always do one article with pictures and then have it on a spot on the site that's always visible and just update it whenever we find out new Pokemon. Then rework the title of said article with UPDATE: 06/12/19 - [new pokemon here] and keep changing the date and Pokemon added to the title.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Could always do one article with pictures and then have it on a spot on the site that's always visible and just update it whenever we find out new Pokemon. Then rework the title of said article with UPDATE: 06/12/19 - [new pokemon here] and keep changing the date and Pokemon added to the title.
    That'd probably fall in Jake territory with having it always visible... Agreed with updating the article at any rate.

Back