• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon R/S/E Non-Evolving Pokemon Challenge

blue

gucci
Years
  • Pokemon R/S/E Non-Evolving Challenge

In order to complete this challenge, you must work your way through either Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire OR Emerald with Pokemon that DO NOT evolve (Listed Below).

Rules

1. You Can Only use ONE Pokemon for this challenge, any others must be HM Slaves.
    2. You can only use pokemon from the list below
    3. You CAN cheat in order to get your pokemon (Action Replay/Gameshark ect.)
    4. You MUST have your pokemon before the 2nd Gym (Brawly)
    5. It would be great if you could update your progress regularly
    6. The challenge ends once you have beaten the Elite four.
    7. Emulators ARE allowed
    8. Do not rush
    9. You CAN choose the same pokemon as other people
    10. NO Legenderies allowed
    11. Most Importantly, Enjoy!

Eligible Pokemon - (Non Evolving Pokemon)

Farfetch'd
    Sudowoodo
    Mr. Mime
    Kangaskhan
    Pinsir
    Tauros
    Lapras
    Ditto
    Aerodactyl
    Unown
    Girafarig
    Dunsparce
    Qwilfish
    Shuckle
    Heracross
    Corsola
    Delibird
    Skarmory
    Stantler
    Smeargle
    Sableye ; myrrhman
    Mawile
    Plusle
    Minun
    Volbeat
    Illumise
    Torkoal
    Spinda
    Zangoose
    Seviper
    Lunatone
    Solrock
    Castform
    Kecleon
    Tropius
    Absol
    Relicanth
    Luvdisc

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    How to sign up

Username:
    Pokemon:
    Game:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Challengers:

myrrhman

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Champions:

myrrhman

(Userbars Needed :P)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'm in. Don't know which version yet, cuz I'm in like 6 challenges right now, and as soon as one of those open up then I'll start here.

One question. You say that we're allowed to cheat to get the Pokemon at the beginning. Do you just want us to cheat to get one of these Pokemon, or should we get our whole team at the beginning.

My team is looking up to be: Sableye, Lapras, Tropius, Skarmory, Torkoal, and something that can learn Dive. Probably Luvdisc.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • My team is looking up to be: Sableye, Lapras, Tropius, Skarmory, Torkoal, and something that can learn Dive. Probably Luvdisc.

You can only use ONE pokemon for this challenge as I've changed the rules to make it a little more challenging.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Ah, now its harder. I'll just do Sableye, maybe a Lapras next time.

Lets start now.

Update 1:
    Named myself A, did beginning stuff, etc. Got Treeko after saving Birch, named it HM1456.
    Beat a single trainer on my way to Petalburg, where I helped Wally catch a Ralts.
    Battled a couple more trainers getting to Roxanne.
    Beat her w/ Bullet Seed. Used one potion.
    Saved Peeko, encountering a few more trainers on the way.
    Went straight to Dewford to pick up my Sableye.
    Barely caught it (I would have died if he had've used Scratch next turn) using 3 Great Balls and 2 Pokeballs. Named it Lilith (its female)
    Went back and beat everyone I skipped.
    Brawly's gym was way too easy with a Pokemon that is immune to everything but Machop's Knock Off.
    Delivered Steven's Letter.
    Went to Slateport, battling everyone on the beach/house/getting soda pop.
    Caught 4 Zigzagoons for Pickup purposes.
    Saved Capt. Stern
    Went north and beat May
    Continued and beat Wally
    Saved.

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Hrm, apparently I beat Wattson. When I turned my game on today, I was standing there with the Dynamo Badge. Oh well
    From Wattson, I battled my way to Vervanturf or whatever that place is called. I got HM 04, taught it to Treeko, and left. He is now full of HMs (Cut, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash)
    I headed north, took out all the Winstrates, and then declined their offer to come inside.
    Got to Fallorbor town. Talked to Lanette and went to meteor falls to stop team aqua.
    Stopped them on Mt. Chimney.
    Went down Jagged Path to fight Flannery. After the battle, May told me I should go fight my Dad.
    I did, and it was actually a pretty tough battle. It turned into a Faint Attack fight, and finally I won.
    Got Surf and taught it to one of the Zigzagoons.
    Went back to Mauville, headed east.
    Ran to Fortree, remembered I have to skip it to get the Scope, which I did, then took on the Gym. It was pretty hard, Altaria got a few DD's in and almost OHKO'd Sableye with EQ.
    Considered teaching Sableye Aerial Ace, but didn't.
    Went to Mt. Pyre to get Shadow Ball because I stupidly hit no to learning it by levels. Also picked up a Spell Tag.
    Blah blah, completely destroyed Tate and Liza. Faint Attack OHKOd one of them on the first turn, and the other on the second turn.
    Went and fought Archie over Kyogre.
    Fought Kyogre. Toughest battle yet.
    Beat Wallace, which was much easier than Kyogre.
    Went to Victory Road.
    Beat Wally as I was leaving.
    Stocked up on Potions and entered the Elite Four!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WOOHOO I WIN!

th_sableye.png

Final time: 12:44

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Hrm, apparently I beat Wattson. When I turned my game on today, I was standing there with the Dynamo Badge. Oh well
    From Wattson, I battled my way to Vervanturf or whatever that place is called. I got HM 04, taught it to Treeko, and left. He is now full of HMs (Cut, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash)
    I headed north, took out all the Winstrates, and then declined their offer to come inside.
    Got to Fallorbor town. Talked to Lanette and went to meteor falls to stop team aqua.
    Stopped them on Mt. Chimney.
    Went down Jagged Path to fight Flannery. After the battle, May told me I should go fight my Dad.
    I did, and it was actually a pretty tough battle. It turned into a Faint Attack fight, and finally I won.
    Got Surf and taught it to one of the Zigzagoons.
    Went back to Mauville, headed east.
    Ran to Fortree, remembered I have to skip it to get the Scope, which I did, then took on the Gym. It was pretty hard, Altaria got a few DD's in and almost OHKO'd Sableye with EQ.
    Considered teaching Sableye Aerial Ace, but didn't.
    Went to Mt. Pyre to get Shadow Ball because I stupidly hit no to learning it by levels. Also picked up a Spell Tag.
    Blah blah, completely destroyed Tate and Liza. Faint Attack OHKOd one of them on the first turn, and the other on the second turn.
    Went and fought Archie over Kyogre.
    Fought Kyogre. Toughest battle yet.
    Beat Wallace, which was much easier than Kyogre.
    Went to Victory Road.
    Beat Wally as I was leaving.
    Stocked up on Potions and entered the Elite Four!

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

WOOHOO I WIN!

th_sableye.png

Final time: 12:44

Congratulations for Completing this challenge, what level is Sableye now?

shortdan1998

Rawr! I'm back, baby!
    Years
  • I shall do this challenge with only a Sableye or an Absol! Just cause it fits the theme of my Ultimate Dark Mono run. After I get past Bruno in SS, GRRR. Well... Here's the form:
    Username: shortdan1998, Trainer name will be Eric. :D
    Pokemon: Sableye/Absol

Game: Sapphire

Back